classes for 2010 season

classes that may be at hrh for 2010 ( more input from owners/drivers will help in our dicision of what classes will run at hrh. ) the following classes are for sure at this time.

1. SPRINT CARS ( TYPE TO BE ANNOUNCED: 305, INJECTED, CARB., ECT. )

2. PURE STOCK

3. HOBBY STOCK

4. LMODS/SPORTSMAN

5. MODIFIEDS

6. MINI STOCKS

other classes that we are looking at:

1. STREET STOCK

2. LATE CRATE

3. MINI SPRINT

4. DWARF CAR

5. DIRT TRUCKS

6. VINTAGE MODS

7. MIDGETS

we are not going to run all these classes, some will be an alternate class and some will be split with another track for a point season race between 2 tracks, we are looking at things for hot rod hill and other tracks to get car counts where they belong, this is a time when the economy is not good for racing and we plan on making it more affordable and fun for the fans and the racers. when some things fell, you find new ways to make things happen, we are going to do our best to help keep racing at it's best. any input by you would be well appreciated. thanks, del harris

p.s. if you do not see a class that fits your car, please leave a reply with forwarding information, we are not just trying to get cars for hot rod hill, we are trying to help the racing industry in general!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Del, I think they're trying to tell you something!!! :lol:

Just a couple passing thoughts....

You(HRH) are over 100 miles from Texas Thunder(Killeen) so getting IMCA sanction for Saturday night shoudn't be an issue.

Heart o Texas(Waco) is the only track around that area running Friday, very few go to Killeen on Saturday. So you have some potential to draw cars from. B-CS to Waco, in distance, is comparable to B-CS to N. Houston area and both those tracks already run Saturday.

I know that IMCA scares some people because of the claim rules.....but with the "swap option" on motors now claims have decreased, and at least no one goes home with nothing under the hood(figuratively speaking). IMCA offers a consistant, no grey area, set of rules, plus things like added insurance, track points pay outs, contingency awards that no unsanctioned track can afford to offer racers.

If you need/want to talk to Brett Root, just to see what he has to say/offer, I can put you in touch with him or Regional Director, Davey Plato @ Boyd Raceway.

Have you got any more intel on the sprint rules?

i'll be talking with wayne over the weekend, we will be discussing the sprints, mods, and aption classes. as soon as i have an idea, i will let you know, thanks, del

the rules for any and all classes will be determined after me have a meeting with everyone in discussion, i will disclose a date for the meeting soon, thanks, del

p.s. i may take you up on the help question, thanks!!! :P

the rules for any and all classes will be determined after me have a meeting with everyone in discussion, i will disclose a date for the meeting soon, thanks, del

p.s. i may take you up on the help question, thanks!!! :P

Thanks Del . Just call when you are ready for help with the track .My cell # 979-412-3297....

• 2 weeks later...

805 marino rd., bryan texas

IMCA sanction would be your best bet. You will have a set in stone rule book to go by. don't run to many classes so everyone can get home at a decent hour. If you run hobby stocks don't run pure stocks. Running to many stock classes will kill your car count. Don't get greedy and think you have to run a bunch of classes to get rich!!! When you buy a IMCA license you get a insurance policy as well.

IMCA MODIFIED

IMCA SPORT MODS.

IMCA HOBBY STOCK

IMCA STOCK CAR???? OR STREET STOCK

SPRINTS

STARTER CLASS

6 classes at the most!!!!

So when is the opening night??????????

completely disagree with Mr. Stone...Car count was horrible when HRH was sanctioned before. It was ok in the sportmod class only because of the local drivers that went ahead and ran the class.....I think that this "meeting" needs to happen soon so you can get a better idea as to how many racers are for and against a sanction...JMO

IMCA sanction would be your best bet. You will have a set in stone rule book to go by. don't run to many classes so everyone can get home at a decent hour. If you run hobby stocks don't run pure stocks. Running to many stock classes will kill your car count. Don't get greedy and think you have to run a bunch of classes to get rich!!! When you buy a IMCA license you get a insurance policy as well.

IMCA MODIFIED

IMCA SPORT MODS.

IMCA HOBBY STOCK

IMCA STOCK CAR???? OR STREET STOCK

SPRINTS

STARTER CLASS

6 classes at the most!!!!

So when is the opening night??????????

I agree 100 %. I am a Houston racer and tired of having to spend

big money. IMCA keeps it affordable, good rules and Insurance.

Make it IMCA and they will come from the North and the South.

I'll be honest with you...Mod count has always been poor at HRH as Outlaw or IMCA. The only classes that had a decent car count every week at HRH ever were the Pures, Hobby's, Limiteds and mini sprints. The 4 cyl cars were good the first couple of years then they too went down in car count

Archived