Tire question

LM-RACER-20

BJ.....If someone runs non-IMCA tires and gets teched(properly) they will get DQ'd.......There are NO grey areas in IMCA with tires.

Has nothing to do with car count, end of the year or anything.

Johnny, you might ask around for some take-offs.....The IMCA "hockey pucks" don't burn off as bad or quick as the AR's or new Hoosier 500's.

If it was me, I'd show up with the non-IMCA Hoosier 500's. The tire is the same with the exception of the IMCA brand. The reason for the brand is that Hoosier pays IMCA for each tire that is sold. They don't pay IMCA for any unbranded 500's. What's the worst that can happen?.....you finish in the top 3 and get DQ'ed. You still got to try out the track.

The IMCA rules are pretty staight forward. If you're running "outlaw" now, it sounds like you've got more than tires to worry about. I'd say, get the car IMCA legal and come give the track a try. Good competition for those that are legal. Plus, with IMCA you've got good insurance...just in case.

I'm IMCA sportmod legal 100% except the tires. Thats what the car was built to run. The only difference on our tracks is the tire choice and any header. But I run a legal header anyway.

Make you a deal. And you'll be one tire closer to running at I-37. I'll buy you one of your tires, now all you have to do is come up with sponsor for the other three. Just put the name of my company on your car somewhere. I don't race, so I don't have a dog in the sport mod fight. I am an official out there and if your car is as good as you say then I'd love to have you racing with us...

Mark

I sponsor several others, so that was out of my pocket not the company. We do several different things, but the company that I'd want to put on there does custom modules and tuning on Diesel trucks. (Chevy, Fords and Dodges) We also have a safety system that is in R&D for race tracks.

Mark

P.S. I have several others lined up for next year that have already expressed interest in talking to us about sponsorship. I mentioned to Jim with I-37 that I had offered to the tire sponsorship hoping to get you to come. Let me know.... I hope you can find $$$ for the others.

Archived