End of the Year Race

SassyCassie14

I-37 Raceway is scheduling a big end of the year.

We are looking at having it the October 17th weekend.

As of right now, we will be running the:

IMCA Southern Sport Modifieds - $1,000 to win

Frontrunners - $500 to win - enduro race

Pure Stocks - $500 to win

The other classes will be announced later on.

More details will follow later on.

Interesting.... That's the weekend of the Ryan Bard Memorial Southern Challenge in Abilene, where IMCA SSM's are emphasized. I sure hope I37 picks a different weekend, for their own sake......Plus, if you're working down there that weekend, how am I gonna meet you Cassie??? ;)

[edited out by Nick Holt, 8/14/09] .A rolling demo derby on wheels is what that sounds like..Win a $1000.00 at 20 laps you get $50.00 per lap>good pay out,Run 100 laps and get $1000.00,You get $10.00 per lap...Plus a set of worn out tires and a bunch worn out stuff....Would not care if we did not have to pay the parts bill,But we do..Frank t

I know alot of the sport mods only run the 12 or 18 gallon fuel cells and probably wouldn't make a 100 laps. I have a 22 gallon and that would pretty much be empty by 100 laps. Not sure how the refueling thing would work. It'd be interesting but I would have to agree with MR. TORRES (Frank) that it would burn up a set of tires and really would task your motor and transmission. Where was the 50 lapper run out of curiousity? 30 to 50 is a more feasible number.

Its sad to say because I have a Street Stock or a I-Stock but there are not enough Street Stocks around and if you start to invite the other streestocks they dont fit into the Weird rules. However if you do invite the other street stocks you guys better get prepared to cry about there cars because they dont fool around. Thats why there is never a big show for Streets at 37. I know one year Frank put up some good money one year and we had like 15 cars show up maybe even less than that.

Archived