Drivers From Big H

LINDAlou1001

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
..I think and I could be wrong but his kid may be driving ascs. At least they carry the same last name and there can't be to many Tankerlseys around.

That is correct, Channin Tankersly is Ricky's son, according to announcers at the ASCS races. Ricky Lee has also wheeled the car on occasion, and he is as fast as his son, perhaps more so.

• 2 weeks later...

Ricky and dad used to race side by side a bunch at Big H. Dad always joked about Ricky being a high man and he would be on the bottom all of the time. That was some good races during that time. A little touch every now and then, which was expected at those speeds and close racing. The good ole days.

champkart1 you are correct...David Kulhanak used to dress up as a clown....if my memory serves me correctly he only did that once at Big H...he was a regular attaction at the thrill show in the Astrodome...he also drove the #56 Texas Super Sprinter... sometimes called ole silver tooth..........he would run around the floor of the dome doing doughtnuts in the dirt ,in a go-kart, between acts...........Denny Burton hasn't built any drag cars in 10 years...he keeps up asphalt late models for T Wade Welch and still races occasionally...but he's "old" and slow........Gingerbreadman aka Denny Burton

Hey Reb! See, I wasnt totally out of my mind! Now, about them little voices, anyway. David put on a great show for the fans, its was always a great time when he would come down to Mcallen.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
i work on a late model phil cronin race at big h he won 1 feature then drove in the stock car divison where he won the champion ship 2years back to back

Was the owner of Phil's car at Big H Bobby Moore of Pasadena?I went to school with Bobby and use to hang with him at Poncho Locklin's junk yard on Red Bluff in Pasadena.Phil was a very good driver.I was sorry to hear of his death years ago.

All this talk about Houston Drivers from back in the 80's and nobody mentioned Aylor? WOW! Love him or hate him, he was darn fast and had great equiptment. Over the past year I have ran into him a few times, while he may not be behind the wheel, he is still heavily involved in racing!

• 2 weeks later...
All this talk about Houston Drivers from back in the 80's and nobody mentioned Aylor? WOW! Love him or hate him, he was darn fast and had great equiptment. Over the past year I have ran into him a few times, while he may not be behind the wheel, he is still heavily involved in racing!

Glad to here somebody mention Jerry I had heard that he was in prison!! Glad to hear that wasnt true. He did have some fast cars or maybe it was just him that was fast. One thing I do know he would put a knot on your head in a second if he felt you done him wrong.

Glad to here somebody mention Jerry I had heard that he was in prison!! Glad to hear that wasnt true. He did have some fast cars or maybe it was just him that was fast. One thing I do know he would put a knot on your head in a second if he felt you done him wrong.

I just saw him about 3 weeks ago so. Time has caught up a bit with him, but he is still kicking for sure. He is one of a kind for sure!

i worked on phil cronin late model he race at big h he won 1 feather in it then he drove a stock car there where he won the championship 3 years in a roll dubby vinson worked for phil in phils automotive shop dubby race in the texas super sprinter class where he did good does any one know what dubbys doing now

i worked on phil cronin late model he race at big h he won 1 feather in it then he drove a stock car there where he won the championship 3 years in a roll dubby vinson worked for phil in phils automotive shop dubby race in the texas super sprinter class where he did good does any one know what dubbys doing now

Doesn't he operate Cronin Automotive?

dubby owns phil cronins old shop its now called vinison motorsports same shop i had a lot of good times working on phils race cars in that shop may phil rest in peace

dubby owns phil cronins old shop its now called vinison motorsports same shop i had a lot of good times working on phils race cars in that shop may phil rest in peace

Norman,

Do you know if Bobby Moore of Pasadena owned Phil Cronin's car at Big H?

If so,have you heard from Bobby recently?

phil sold his latemodel car he race at big h a car owner maybe bobby was looking for a driver to drive his car in the stockcar class at big h he wanted to win the stockcar championship at big h phil drove his car and won the championship three years in a roll my own opion he couldnt have got a better man to drive it phil was one of the best drivers that raced in texas i cant say phil was in a class by his self but when the teacher call roll it did not take long to call his name

• 2 weeks later...

Archived