push to pass

ProTree

see where indy car is installing a "push to pass button" on the steering wheel.allows the driver to use a max of 20 times during a race to get up to 20 extra hp depending on fuel mixture that last 12 seconds so they can pass in a race.said competitive racing had been almost nonexistent on ovals and majority had turned into 2 hour processionals.

i thought they already had something like this in the indy car series. i have heard an announcer or two mention push to pass something or other during a race and wondered what they were talking about. might be something for nascar to look into so their snooze fests will be worth watching again

As I put on the IndyCar board - that's the type of race that started to pull me back to IndyCars. I've always watched the 500 and a few races here and there. But about 5-6 years ago the IRL races were really good - then they took out the push to pass and some of the other things to try and slow the cars down a little and the races went downhill.

Tonight is the way it should be.

That was one heluva race, incidentially. One of the best I've ever seen.

that was a good race from the last 30 laps i watched ..better than the truck race ....... i was pulling for that carpentier guy ..... just one thing what happend to that girl driver your so into ....lol....... you know im kinda and never thought i would say this .starting to like irl alittle ..

That was one heluva race, incidentially. One of the best I've ever seen.

that was a good race from the last 30 laps i watched ..better than the truck race ....... i was pulling for that carpentier guy ..... just one thing what happend to that girl driver your so into ....lol....... you know im kinda and never thought i would say this .starting to like irl alittle ..

Come on Mike, let it out. We all know that you have a thing for that gal driver and that was the only reason you watched the race. Fess up. Buddy won't get mad.

I may be all wet on this O/T and we'll probably never know for sure, though I'll keep looking around on the net. Tony Kanaan said something very interesting in his post race interview. He said because of the rear gear ratio in his car he was unable to run in high gear and was therefore unable to use the "boost button". Apparently that is the only gear it will activate in. If that is the case, I suspect all the AGR cars were in the same fix, including Danica. Eighth was not a bad finish for her though.

Great race. Briscoe by .0162 sec. Those two raced wheel to wheel at over 200 for like 20 laps or so right to the finish line, never touched and nobody stuck anyone in the fence. Good clean racing! That's how its supposed to be done. That's why they call it racing instead of motorized roller derby (like that other series is.) :)

I may be all wet on this O/T and we'll probably never know for sure, though I'll keep looking around on the net. Tony Kanaan said something very interesting in his post race interview. He said because of the rear gear ratio in his car he was unable to run in high gear and was therefore unable to use the "boost button". Apparently that is the only gear it will activate in. If that is the case, I suspect all the AGR cars were in the same fix, including Danica. Eighth was not a bad finish for her though.

Great race. Briscoe by .0162 sec. Those two raced wheel to wheel at over 200 for like 20 laps or so right to the finish line, never touched and nobody stuck anyone in the fence. Good clean racing! That's how its supposed to be done. That's why they call it racing instead of motorized roller derby (like that other series is.) :)

Watched Tivo of the Truck and the Nationwide races today. Helluva good race between weenie boy and Keslowski. Anyone see the post race with Kyle? When asked what he thought of tying the record for consecutive 1/2 finishes he said that he was dissappointed. Then asked the reporter how much better it would be if they were all firsts. He also said that same crap about only coming to run second. Truck race was good also with alot of side by side. JMO, but I've gotta stay with staock cars/trucks before I'll go to the IRL.

Sounds like they are getting thiers through fuel mixture. Pretty good idea if it makes racing more fun to watch.

F1 started this trend. This is what they are doing.

The new racing element for all F1 teams this year is KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems), which captures braking energy and re-applies the power to later sections of the circuit. This year, some F1 teams are having more success with KERS than others. KERS provides a clear advantage on circuits where the corner exiting speed is slow and the driver can input the instant-on power and torque of KERS in exiting the corner to supplement engine power and hence gain separation distance. KERS technology is a closely guarded secret of all the F1 teams this year, but what was clear in the middle of the season last year was that the old Brawn-Honda partnership were extremely happy with their KERS development work, and this engineering mated to the Mercedes engine is proving very successful this year.

Thats nothing new, I had one of them on my tsrs car. they call it a sneaky pete nos shot. still couldn,t pass them other guys they must have had a 50 shot in theirs, selanoid button on the steering wheel looks like a talk button.......... now the question is did i really have one or am i just kidding

For those of you interested in such matters (and I know O/T will be excited about this :lol: ) .............. (unless it gets leaked between now and then) ............ Danica is scheduled to appear on Dave Despain's Wind Tunnel show on Speed on August 30th for an announcement of some sort.

Thats nothing new, I had one of them on my tsrs car. they call it a sneaky pete nos shot. still couldn,t pass them other guys they must have had a 50 shot in theirs, selanoid button on the steering wheel looks like a talk button.......... now the question is did i really have one or am i just kidding

Probably not the TSRS car, but I'm thinking you had it on that sweet 16 street stock. ;)

Archived