San Antonio Speedway Lease Option

becka29

If yall would jusy wake up you would relize its to much! All of you are gettin your hopes up for nothing. [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/31/09] Dirt is for racin asphalt is for gettin there!

they also say that Asphalts for RACING and dirts for planting potatoes, Everyone has and option, and we wont add the rest, LOL

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know one thing ..when the dirt track was open behind sas ..when i was up there .i would look back over my shoulder to see how the dirt track was doing ..one word ...DEAD .................. DIRT IS WHERE THE BOYS PLAY ..THE MEN RUN ON ASPHALT . LOL ... .. IF YOU NEVER RAN AT SAS .YOU MISSED SOMETHING ..I NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO MAKE A LAP AT SAS .EVERY TIME I WAS TO CLIMB IN AND TAKE SOME LAPS .SOMETHING CAME UP ........ BUT WE BUILT A TPS CAR TO TRY AND WIN A RACE THERE ....AND WE DID ..CLOSES TPS FINISH EVER AT THAT TIME ..MAYBE BY 2 INCHES ...... THAT I WILL ALWAYS HAVE IN MEMORY ..AND THAT MAY SEEM LITTLE TO SOME .BUT ITS BIG TO US ..

well i tell u one thing if its a charity race just guess how many drivers are gonna go spend money and get their cars ready to race at the good "OLE LADY IN WEEDS" no way if tracks having trouble right now with car counts with decent purses now how many will show to race for free??????.......!!!!!

All I've been trying to do is see what the chances of having a race latter in the year after THR finishes their season. THR, Houston and CC are "Living" tracks that everyone needs to support right now. After their season is over I thought it would be great if we held a race so that everyone who wishes to can have some fun running on the ol girl one or two more times. If something can be worked out latter to possibly bring her back to life then we would look at it then. I just want to see race cars on the track. Everyone will be able to bring what they have and race and have some fun. The drivers will decide who races who and for how ever many laps. It wont be for points or money. So everyone please chill out and look at this as just having some fun without the "TECH" guy being involved. We dont even know if it can be leased for sure or for how much. Lets just take one step at a time and see what happens.

just my 2 cents like yall always say forgot to put that.... not negative buddy just realistic just support the tracks that are left in south texas before they go the same route, sas is like pullin titanic outta water and rebuilding it what r you blind..oldtimer...

just my 2 cents like yall always say forgot to put that.... not negative buddy just realistic just support the tracks that are left in south texas before they go the same route, sas is like pullin titanic outta water and rebuilding it what r you blind..oldtimer...

AND DEAF TOO ..LOL

well i tell u one thing if its a charity race just guess how many drivers are gonna go spend money and get their cars ready to race at the good "OLE LADY IN WEEDS" no way if tracks having trouble right now with car counts with decent purses now how many will show to race for free??????.......!!!!!

Charity Trucker race in Orlando draws a lot of racers and fans!

That track will never open up ever agian unless there is someone or a group of people with a large pocket book . I know the man that family ownes the track and was told that people have broke in and stole most of the copper wire to all the lights and you can see from the pics what people have done beside nature with the trees

i know one thing ..when the dirt track was open behind sas ..when i was up there .i would look back over my shoulder to see how the dirt track was doing ..one word ...DEAD .................. DIRT IS WHERE THE BOYS PLAY ..THE MEN RUN ON ASPHALT . LOL ... .. IF YOU NEVER RAN AT SAS .YOU MISSED SOMETHING ..I NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO MAKE A LAP AT SAS .EVERY TIME I WAS TO CLIMB IN AND TAKE SOME LAPS .SOMETHING CAME UP ........ BUT WE BUILT A TPS CAR TO TRY AND WIN A RACE THERE ....AND WE DID ..CLOSES TPS FINISH EVER AT THAT TIME ..MAYBE BY 2 INCHES ...... THAT I WILL ALWAYS HAVE IN MEMORY ..AND THAT MAY SEEM LITTLE TO SOME .BUT ITS BIG TO US ..

i heard this before

(DIRT IS FOR FARMERS ASPHALT IS FOR RACERS) WOOLF

I think it is possible... Take work, absolutely... Biggest thing is what is the lease and where does the track stand at this moment with the city? Last I heard they had reversed some of the stuff that had been passed during the emergency meeting while the Mayor was out of town... Talk about politics!!!!!!

We need to find out...

charity race in orlando raises alot of $$$ for a great cause,but also has a pretty good payout. www.carsracemarketing.com/info2008.pdf

Tommy,

You are correct. I'm not positive on this, but believe the winner of the truck race for the past two years has given their winnings back to the charity...

Archived