A Driver's Autograph

Budman

Yesterday afternoon and evening I attended a family function at my older sister's home near Austin. As my wife and I prepared to leave my sister stopped us at the front door. She said wait just a minute, I have something for you. She knows of my interest in all things racing.

She left the room, then returned a moment later with a small red book. She tore a page from it and handed it to me. It turns out the book was an autograph book from her days as a teenager. I scanned that page this morning to post here.

post-1274-1248102625.jpg

She sort of chuckled and admitted she, at the time was actually kind of smitten with Jud's youngest brother Berndt.

:(brings back a lot of memory's, I think Juds buried north of Austin Pfuglarville isn't it, watch him race alot of times around Austin and San Antonio with Thurman Lovejoy{ My Cousin}, Waldo Harper, Buddy Yantis {My Best Friend}, and Many others that are gone but not forgotten, Thurman is still alive lives in Missouri, sons race, Thurmans Mother my Aunt is still going at 94, lives at Dripping Springs , sorry just talking to myself.

That's really cool Stan. Thanks. Lordy, I watched all those guys you just mentioned race for so many years. I can't even imagine how many features Thruman must have won at old Oak Hill Downs outside of Austin. Then I heard he moved to Missouri and started racing up there. Never heard much more about him after that. It good to hear he's still kickin' :)

Archived