What a time for the AC to go out!

Kim Le Baron

Last week of all times one of my AC units decides to give up the ghost and turn my master bedroom turned into a toaster!! I swear it felt like I was in Iraq in the dead of summer... well maybe not that hot. To make a long story short I called an AC company in my area to come out and fix it and was told it was going to be about 300 bucks and take 3 days for them to come fix it , that was not going to work by then I would be mummified. Then I remembered Direct Flow Heating and Air from Thunderhill and called him up. Well he walked me thru the problem and said it was most likely the capacitor. So I purchased a new capacitor for 20 dollars and hooked it up and bingo the ac is now making the room into the Arctic. I called Tom from Direct Flow and asked him what I owed him and all he would take was a cold beer at the next race. This why racers are GOOD People for the most part

Thanks Tom the next case is on me

K Le Baron :lol:

I can also attest to Tom's good A/C help. Our A/C went out at home and it was never that good to begin with . He re-designed the whole system to cool the rooms better and the new A/C and heater work twice as good as the old ones and cost me about half the electric bill. Best money we ever spent on our 10 year old home.

tom ..can you fix this darn summer heat ..talk to the weather man and see if you can come up with a salution ..... if not my four year old system is going to crash and burn ..... it needs a cool day to rest ..another question ...four years old and needs checking ...i have gauges .and some 22 .just in case ..does it still use 22 .....hopefully it wont need any ...........................................

thanks tom..............

Thank you everyone for the nice comments.

Kim,

It was a pleasure helping you and saving you some money. I would hate for you to have to sleep in a toaster…LOL

Racing and racers are like a second family, and my second family has helped me throughout the years both on race day and away from the track. This is one way I can return the favor.

Thanks

Tom

Thank you everyone for the nice comments.

Kim,

It was a pleasure helping you and saving you some money. I would hate for you to have to sleep in a toaster…LOL

Racing and racers are like a second family, and my second family has helped me throughout the years both on race day and away from the track. This is one way I can return the favor.

Thanks

Tom

THANKS FOR THE INFO YOU HAVE GIVEN ME .TO BAD I LIVE IN CC .I CANT BUY YOU LUNCH ...HOPE TO SEE YOU SOMEWHERE ..AFTER 15 HOURS I GOT HER ALL FIXED UP WITH YOUR HELP .ITS DAY AND NIGHT TONIGHT COMPARED TO WHAT IT WAS ..IN FACT ITS COLD . DONT HAVE TO STICK MY HEAD IN THE FREEZER ANYMORE ....I FOUND THE COIL WAS ALITTLE DIRTY AFTER PULLING THE PLATE OFF . THAT FIXED THE WATER ON THE FLOOR PROBLEM ......AGAIN THANK YOU ...YOUR TRUELY A FRIEND .....

That's awesome! I looked up the website and found out they are based out of San Antonio. I had some AC problems last year - but now I know who to really call! Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely be in touch before the heating season..

Archived