Driver Burned

SassyCassie14

I pulled this off Tony's Support Group Page:

Currently, Tony is on a ventilator. Other than his chest and stomach, he has burns covering his entire body. Skin graphs are going to be required within the next couple of days. As of this morning (June 27) the doctors reported that they can't get a pulse on his left arm. They are going to have to make 2 incisions along both sides of his left arm to release the pressure from the burned flesh, otherwise he might lose his arm.

I also read 2 days ago, that he is now awake and talking with his family.

Send Tony as much money as you can afford, it's gonna run out quick, even if the accident is covered by insurance. Just a side note or two: He will wonder why he's alive, and pray to God he wasn't. There is no way we can imagine the pain that he is going through, the operations to come, the procedures and therapy, the scars. His wife and family will also be put through hell. It won't end when he's released from the burn unit, either. He is going to be tormented with grief and guilt, you know, the "what ifs".... THAT is why I'm overly passionate about safety, that is why I insist that it CAN happen to you. Racers make the choice to race, racers have SOME CONTROL of wreck outcomes. Most are bangs and bruises, no biggie, and some of that can be attributed to good equipment. Take some time and evaluate what you're bringing to the track...Will it get you home again?

Archived