Sport Mods @ I 37

txhotmod

Pleae advise if I 37 is still sanctioned ----IMCA Sport Mods

I see where they are allowing headers that are not IMCA legal

and was and was told last nite that if you DONT HAVE a IMCA

Sport Mod license

Thats O K just come and run with us

Big Al

AND FOR MY TWO CENTS WORTH I DONT THINK IT WOULD MATTER WHETHER THEY WERE SANCTIONED OR NOT AS LONG AS THEY KEPT THE SAME RULES. NOBODY IS RUNNING FOR ANYTHING IMCA RELATED OUT THERE AND NOBODY HAS COME FROM OUTTA TOWN. I KNOW INSURANCE WHATEVER THE WHOLE CRY FESTIVAL IS ABOUT IMCA BUT IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER..

Whoa 89 Crew Member, why would you say they are crying, hmm license to race...sounds like a reasonable request for racers to expect all to have them. If the track has taken care of it [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/25/09]

MAYBE YOU COULD COME GIVE ME A HAND. I ONCE NEW A GUY THAT WAS FASTER CAUSE HE HAD A LICENSE I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT. TECHED EVERYTIME IVE BEEN THERE. HOW BOUT THERE IS A ONE NIGHT GRACE PERIOD ANYWAYS. AND HOW BOUT A TRACK THATS TRYING TO SURVIVE. MAYBE SOME SHOULD THINK ABOUT THAT INSTEAD OF JUMPING ON HERE TO "JUST LET EVERYONE KNOW"

I HAVE A HOME TRACK U WANNA SCREW YOURS UP THATS FINE SAVE ME SOME DRIVING TIME. MAYBE YALL CAN BUY IT AND MAKE IT WORK.

Pleae advise if I 37 is still sanctioned ----IMCA Sport Mods

I see where they are allowing headers that are not IMCA legal

and was and was told last nite that if you DONT HAVE a IMCA

Sport Mod license

Thats O K just come and run with us

Big Al

AND I THINK SOME WHERE IN THERE HE SAYS ITS OK COME AND RUN WITH US :blink::blink: ;)OR MAYBE I CANT READ HECK I KNOW I CANT TYPE ;)

AND FOR MY TWO CENTS WORTH I DONT THINK IT WOULD MATTER WHETHER THEY WERE SANCTIONED OR NOT AS LONG AS THEY KEPT THE SAME RULES. NOBODY IS RUNNING FOR ANYTHING IMCA RELATED OUT THERE AND NOBODY HAS COME FROM OUTTA TOWN. I KNOW INSURANCE WHATEVER THE WHOLE CRY FESTIVAL IS ABOUT IMCA BUT IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER..

1) if you need a week to get your license together that is fine. When I paid for my mod license in the middle of the season imca sent me a confirmation to print out and show the track if need be, took 2 hours from start to finish.

2) not real sure what you mean about out of town, I pull over two hours every week to get there myself.

3) If you look at the rookie standing I am in second, got a long way to go to get to first, but to say not running for anything is not correct.

4)if they are not sanctioned i am not there and i would bet there's another 2 or 3 that leave with me, making it 8-10 cars.

5)if non imca headers are alowed then where do we stop? if i know someone is running illegal headers or anything else for that matter and finish in front of me you can bet i will be protesting, i feel i am 100% legal and want to know i got beat fair and square, even if it is something as stupid as a wheel sticker, if the rules say it i expect it.

joe

Calling the track would have been the correct way to find out if they were still sanctined but this way was much more entertaining.

Yes, Poorboy, calling the track would have been the right thing to do. We are in complete agreement!

Unfortunately, I had to be away from the computer several hours today while most of this was posted. And a lot of this seems to be a continuation of pissing contest that has been going on for some time in South Texas over the IMCA Mods verses outlaw Mods issue. This sort of smack talk can only hurt dirt track racing in this area when all is said and done.

It doesn't have to be this way. We designed the Lone Star Speedzone forums to be a place where issues can be discussed in a calm, polite, positive manner. It's a shame when some have to be hurtful rather than helpful.

Nick

Lots of people read Lone Star Speedzone and, yes, it's a sure way to get your point across to the racing community when you're all pissed off about something. Post something negative about a track or a call or just about anything and there will be others who join in to create a bash party...

Although the words usually vary, bitch sessions more or less get started like this...

"Poor me. I have been terribly wronged by the track and I want the world to know. By me posting my bitch on here maybe I can force the track to change something to meet my idea of what's right or wrong.... "

Yes, that is indeed a very effective tactic. It does get the track's attention and sometimes changes result because of all the bitching and moaning.

But folks, that's not what Lone Star Speedzone is intended to do. Discuss issues calmly and in a positive manner? Sure. Bitch and moan. Nope.

Nick

Archived