Topsy Turvy

I37Photog

The tires didn't grab him he grabed the tires. There was about 1 foot of dry track just before the tires. In turn 3 & 4 the driver of the 14 car was kicking up dust right next to the tires and gaining on the other cars. He tried it in turn 1 and knocked out about 8 tires and flipped, trying to ride the rim.

CANT MOVE THE TIRES TO FIX THAT PROBLEM THOUGH, UNLESS THEY GET FILLED WITH CONCRETE? ONLY FIX IS TO GET RID OF THEM, BUT REMEMBER THAT THAT WILL COST MONEY AND TIME. HOPEFULLY BY NEXT YEAR SOMETHING CAN GET DONE. THEY ARE BETTER THAN NO WALLS AT ALL?(UNLESS YOU ARE ONE OF THE UNLUCKY ONE HUH DREW?)JUST KIDDING AROUND. TRACK IS PLENTY WIDE IF YOU NEED TO RUN THE BTTOM IF YOUR SCAAAAARRRRRRRED. :o:ph34r:

I think it is FUNNY that just about everyone complains about the tires. They have been like that since the track OPENED. The solution TO EVERYONE PROBLEM WITH THE TIRES WOULD BE DON'T HIT THEM. I have raced at this track since it opened and have yet to hit the tires once and if I did I would not blame the track or the tires I would only blame myself.

Randy Guzman

The only way to avoid the tires is to stay away from them ,stand your ground if your cannot handle the outside, move to the inside. Me and MIKE ODEM will come to play on JULY 10th --------Tires be afraid be very afraid-------- I will not be able to bring CHRISTINE out until late august RACE ON FOR JAYSON

Yeah f5. Ur right. I was an unlucky one!!!! But ya know it was some my fault and some the car. Now that well have our car out there, I won't be as nervous and might push the cushion. But all in all, there has to be a comprimise between driver and the track. If your car and you can't ride high together, stay low. The tires, well I think there can be a better solution. No matter what we need to stay out of them. Now if the cusion is high and you rear end is close to the tires and they grab you, then we need to rethink the tires as a wall. But as for guys like me who like the wild side and drive right into them, then tires or no tires, something is gettn bent. Lolol. Hey f5. Come see me on Friday. Would like to meet ya.

I learned a long time ago when I was taking pics that you have to have eyes behind your head... When your in the car you dont have the luxury of being able to honk a horn or let a photographer or corner worker know your coming... I had to learn to step back a little and always keep the cars in front of me... Much harder to get hit that way. There are plenty of pics out there where I got really close to getting hit or getting caught up in a parachute. Those are funny now but they were scary as hell when it happened...There are alot of tracks that have had accidents in the past and the infield workers will prevent you from getting too close. Just be safe and pay attention because you dont want to be the next topic on here in regards to someone getting hit at the track....

Marc

Believe me, I'm always aware of the cars around me and I never turn my back on the cars when moving around. I had some close calls last year and your right Marc, it's funny now but it scared the crap out of me when I had to dodge some cars.

Art

MARC MAYBE YOU CAN START TAKING PHOTOS AGAIN, GET PAINTED UP LIKE A RODEO CLOWN AND WE CAN CHASE AFTER YOU WITH CARS.. WE CAN ALWAYS WRAP THE CAR WITH BUBBLE WRAP..SO IT DONT HURT SO MUCH...

AS FOR THE TIRES JUST LIKE RANDY STATED AND JUST LIKE I STATED IN THE PAST IF YOU CANT RUN THE TOP WITH OUT THE WHEREWITHALL OF THE TIRES THEN DONT DO IT. THE TIRES HAVE NEVER JUMPED ON TO THE TRACK AND SMAKED A CAR AT LEAST NOT WITH OUT ANY HELP..

Archived