Traveling Man

ProTree

It's been one of the most fast paced stretches I've ever worked in drag racing.In the last 24 days I've spent 16 of those on the starting line working 2 National Events,4 Summit Pro-Am Series Tour Events and a Sportsman National in 3 different states.

you know it txtom.having a blast.i'm packing the bags right now to leave tomorrow for another 4 day run starting thursday and ending sunday.gotta love hotels and outback steakhouses-lol

• 2 weeks later...

Dr Hook!

Whats up man! I'm making a potential return to the drag strip on Friday. It will be my first time back since my 240sx caught the hood 3 years ago! I dunno if you remember me:

f0dd20d3.jpg

We talked quite a bit when I was running. I'll come up and say hi if I come out. I have a buddy that might have me spin the wheels on his camaro for him. Just a 13 second street car, but he digs it. Hopefully I can crack it into the 12s for him, should he decide to let me drive it.

You gonna be around friday?

~Robert

I remember you Robert.If you come out to SAR you won't find Dr. Hook.Not out there any more.I only work the National Nitro Jam Series and Summit Pro-Am Tour in Division 2 & 4 for IHRA now.Don't really work any local racing anymore,just do the traveling series.Only a handfull of my events are in Tx and the rest are out of state, all the way to the east coast.I'm off this month then hit it hard every couple weeks Aug thru Oct.

Well you were missed last night.

We got yelled at CONSTANTLY last night for spinning the tire outta the gate. I don't know when the drag strip became this way, but I'm sad to say, they probably lost my business. The line guy chewed me from head to toe. I was getting closer on the GTO's setup, but I needed time and to work with the (new) driver on his clutch release. He wouldn't give it to us. He insisted we use the factory traction control (no way) or leave the track. We made a few more passes after that, but with no launch so we didn't spin the tire. Never even came close that that car's potential.

I guess we'll go learn to drag race on the street, since we can't do it at the track?

It was really rough last night man.

You should make a trip up to Little River sometime near Temple.They have alot of Gm/Ford shootouts and T/T's and Big Gary on the line will help you out.He's been working the line about 3 decades and doesnt have an ego problem and since the track was redone it is back to the good ol' days,a hookin son of a gun.One of the oldest running tracks in the country,alot of shade trees in the pits,fun little track. www.littleriverdragway.net

Archived