TPS TIPS before CC Speedway

TPS TIPS

BEFORE CC Speedway

1. The TPS discount Race Headquarters Motel is -Travelodge Airport - on Corn Products Road. From I-37 south take exit #5, night parking lot security guard & video coverage is provided by Travelodge. 2 to 4 persons special rate is $49. Free Continental Breakfast 6:00 - 9:00am each day. When making your reservations @ 1-888/567-1344, mention the Texas Pro Sedans.

2. Hoosier tire sales and service will not be available at CC Speedway. TPS members are encouraged to contact the TPS Tire Dealer, Jerry Spencer, SS Motorsports, Kyle, TX. To order Hoosier F 60 8.0/23.0x13” shipped, delivered or picked up at THR prior to July 11 call Jerry @ 512/784-1192 or bring enough Hoosiers. Jerry has 29 TPS Hoosiers in inventory right now. By terms of the contract with Dan Monroe, CCS Thunder cars must use Hoosiers.

3. RACING GAS - Lalo’s Automotive will be the official TPS racing gas dealer at CC Speedway on July 10 & 11. Lalo will sell 114 octane Aviation Gas @ $6.50 per gallon. With each purchase, Lalo will provide a FREE can of Marvel Mystery Oil gas additive (or you can bring your own gas supplies). Call Lalo at 361/533-7499 and give him an estimate of how many gallons of you will need and ask any questions about the same Aviation Gas he uses in his #26.

4. Travelodge Airport Motel in Corpus Christi will award one (1) complimentary room night to two (2) Texas Pro Sedan drivers, who, in the official opinion of the TPS Race Director meet all following listed contingency eligibility requirements:

> The winning driver must be registered at Travelodge Airport in Corpus Christi on race weekend.

> The driver must be an official entry and sign in at C.C. Motor Speedway pits with his/her TPS car on the July 11 TPS race date.

> The winning driver must reside outside of a 50 mile distance to C.C. Speedway.

> At the Texas Pro Sedan Drivers Meeting on July 11, both awards will be issued to the eligible and attending TPS drivers by “Luck of the Draw” .

5. The TPS @ CCS Official Entry List stands at 24 for July 11 and is updated occasionally and available on www.TexasProSedans.com Click on 2009 TPS Membership & Next Race Entry (Race #6 Entries).

For further event information contact:

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

210/365-3221 cell at CCS

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

WENT TO PRACTICE LAST NIGHT , TRACK WAS LITTLE DIRTY CAR RAN GOOD TURNED 16.55 RIGHT OLDTIMER :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
heck i dont know ...let me think for a moment ..... someone said you turned that lap time in reverse .........turn the car around and throw it in second .and then see what it will do ...you may make IT to 16.54 GOING THAT DIRECTION ..

TPS drivers will be aiming at the CC Speedway track record for Texas Pro Sedans.

It is 15.370 seconds and was set by Donnie Moore in the #70 VW Scirocco on July 9, 2005 the last time TPS raced at CCS.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

i have a feeling that will be broken by a few ..the front runners are faster then back then . .... like i predicted red rivers time of 14.90.s .. if track conditions are good ..maybe 14.80.s .. ...that will be fast for four bangers .with little 8 inch tires ..... dizzy already ..anyone want to wager a dr.pepper on it ..

TPS drivers will be aiming at the CC Speedway track record for Texas Pro Sedans.

It is 15.370 seconds and was set by Donnie Moore in the #70 VW Scirocco on July 9, 2003 the last time TPS raced at CCS.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

2003 ..its been that long ,,

Morning? It's after 5pm here at the TOP SECRET VW RACECAR DRIVER seminar in Ramstien Germany. High today was 71, gas is $7.20 a gal, but beer is cheaper than Coca-Cola.

Secret VW factory??? Thought you wuz supposed to be sailing?

I have a BIG hammer and its fixing to get real noisy here straightening things out. :angry: Also its been quiet here cause oldtimers been busy elswhere. :P With our luck he'll show up.LOL :lol::lol:

i usualy dont comment on speedzone ...but this time i had to ..you called me out ..... here i thought we were friends. and man i was just aboult to call and offer some help ...steve told me how bad the car was .now ill let you bang on it by yourself .. <_<

OT have him keep it in reverse, that way we might have a chance at catching you guys. :lol: Looking forward to it, sounds like a last chance race brewing. I remember the fall 04 race the top 12 were within 1/2 second of each other with a rookie for our series on the pole, I believe it was Loyd Hart.

OT have him keep it in reverse, that way we might have a chance at catching you guys. :lol: Looking forward to it, sounds like a last chance race brewing. I remember the fall 04 race the top 12 were within 1/2 second of each other with a rookie for our series on the pole, I believe it was Loyd Hart.

wow .ill tell lisa you said she was slow ..dont make her mad ..i got into a fight at cc one night .seems this old friend has been wanting to fight me for many years .and finaly found out he didnt want to after ending up on the wrong end of things .... and to add insult to injury .she got a punch in there too .hell she didnt have anything to do with it .untill then ..lol that was funny ..and now ill probably get in trouble with her for telling that story ..

Ozzie - Except for #73 Cody Limerick (who filed his entry today) the entry list is available on: www.texasprosedans.com

click on 2009 TPS Membership & Next Race Entry (Race #6 Entries)

I am waiting on the 25th entry from #66 and word from Dan about the electronic timing system and a certificate.

btw: The Qualifying Order and Qualifying Rules will be posted here and sent to all TPS members on July 6.

Neil

Archived