More Cars At Shady Oaks Speedway

Lets open a discussion about bringing more cars to Shady Oaks. What makes you the driver want to come racing at Shady Oaks and what kind of things are needed to get more of you here? Is it rules? Is it Gearing? Is it Purses? or something else all together. I used to drive 220 miles one way to race because of the facility and the way the place was run. That has been our goal from day one,Put on a good program for the drivers with a minimal amount of BS . We offer payouts within 30 minutes of your races completion.We opened the pit gates early to save on long lines.We give EVERY driver their money back at least! So there it is,Whats on your minds let us know,Jim and Laurie Scribellito

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think they will come it is a awesome place and very well ran once the word gets out they will be there right now times r tuff for us and i am sure for others as well so keep up the great work :D we r working on our motor program :angry: i dont know if i will be able to keep picking up the pieces :lol: thanks

It's just that you are new to the area and you race the same night as STS. Look at your openeing night, there were quite a few STS drivers there.

Then there was the whole opening night issue. It's not so much that the track turned out to muddy. [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/1/09] You didn't have that clay figured out that night.

I think that situation will cure itself since you have not had the problem since. So it will just come down to scheduling, at least for the people from corpus that I race with and talk to. JMO

Great facility and Good Luck

1. The first night the modifieds are off everywhere else, ya'll don't run them. Not only would the mods been there but others as well.

2. Start a go-kart class for the kids. Look at the go-kart count alone at STS. It started out slow and built up to good numbers.

3. Heavy/Tacky tracks are hard on equipment. Nuff said.

Look forward to running there and have heard nothing but good comments. Hard to get cars from the CC area when you run the same night as STS.

1. The tracks are leaving u out, they started the multi track fund but left you out.

2. Racing against sts is never going to work they have a track owner that they are going to stick with because he is a lot like u he is there for the racer. He brought racing back to CC and they will be committed to him and should be he has done a lot for them.

3. If you are looking for more cars you are going to have to race the same night as Edna. I know that sounds crazy but people will race there in stead of Edna. People from STS like your track but are not going to race there over home. But they will race there over Edna. You will have to increase your purse in the mods/limited and lower the amount of cars needed to make first place money to 10 instead of 14. There are alot of cars at sts that will come race with u for a lot of reasons. Closer, finish before 1am , treated fairly and most of all a multi grove track. In my mind you also need to race the mods every night do not leave them off the schedule there are a lot of them out there and once you get them back on ur track they will be back.

This is just my two cents. Now let start putting holes in it I know it is coming.

Did want to also say that gearing in the limited mods is a pain also. I'm not sure how you would fix that. If it were not for the gearing issue I would say running on friday nights may help you also. I'm not sure though that somebody wants to race friday night and then change the rearend or tranny or both to race Saturday.

racing on the same night as sts keeps us away, and another reason keeping some of us away is allowing the american racer tire, we cant afford to buy at least six to seven tires to go race, or maybe add extra money for anyone who wins using hoosiers

Keep up the good work. After not running there for a while it was fun. Track was in very good shape We will be back. Like Greg said times are hard but if dirt runs thru your veins people will show . Jim give it time your only a few races old. watch the overhead you will not make every body happy Very nice place. You need to survive to get loyalty and trust so people dont build car for a track that will not survive like HCR. Look at STS....Owen has done a great job for them guys......Anyways keep doing what your doing. and letting us bring our BBQ Pit in the pits were happy. Abe Mares #4

I'm just a lowly pure stock driver, but I think y'all are doing it all right!

The payouts are fair!

The track is great!

The drivers are respectful of each other on and off the track!

The track officials are knowledgable, and fair!

The races are spread out enough that I can make all of the races there and run another track on Fridays from time to time!

The crowd is entertained!

You keep your website updated!

I've only had one issue there and so far it has been handled very respectfully and fairly!

I tell everyone I know about it and will continue to do so.

IDK IF YOU RUN THE SAME NIGHT AS EDNA YOU WILL LOSE ALOT OF CARS BECAUSE MOST OF THE CARS THAT HAVE WON AT YOUR TRACK RACE AT EDNA EVERY SATURDAY THEY RACE. I THINK THAT WHENTHE ECONOMY GETS BETTER PEOPLE WILL BE HAPPY TO TRAVEL TO YOUR TRACK JMO

Let me ask the drivers that have replied and will possibly reply........what IF Fridays were run or say a Sunday? Some say they would come if is was on Edna's night, well Friday is I-37's races and Sunday is either family time or Nascar or....

we have 4 cars, but dont fit in your rules, our pures would have to be changed, and are streetstocks, would have to run in super, yea right. i love that track, i won a ton of races there, back in the good old days, when we used to tow 200 miles roundtrip for a trophy, no money. we raced there 12 times, 10 wins. i love that tacky balls out track. we used to say if god built a dirt track it would have been shady oaks. good luck with your track, i hear alot of good things about yall.

First dont change a whole lot from what your doing! Its working, your hard work shows and the word is getting out. Maybe not fast enough but it is.

I think you can do a couple things to help out though..

The gocart thing is a great idea and will generate money without a doubt. Maybe not every week but once a month for gocarts and once a month for lawn tractor races. Those were fun to watch.

Consistancy is the biggest thing. So far not bad at all for a new track. You will always have a driver upset at the end of the night but if you continue to take time to listen and let them vent before going home it helps alot.

As far as the track itself I prefer a drier track because its easier on motor and shows who the real drivers are. Australian Pursuit Race was part of the old SOS program and a crowd favorite.

I think in the pure stock classes you should institute a weight penalty so cars can come from other tracks and run in it. Obviously with no motor advantages but if they are running heim joint shocks or beadlocks. The point is we need all the cars that are interested. As long as we are not racing apples against oranges then lets figure out a way to get our count up to 20 plus cars.

Lastly I think each race night should have at least one class that races for double points and double the money. Look at other tracks schedule to fit these type of races in as a special race but do it for all classes. Obviously you may need to have a car count goal to pull this off.

Other than those ideas I think you guys are kicking ass and doing very well. Thanks for the extra wreckers, the professional safety crew and caring about your track enough to ask the drivers for their input. Everyone has ideas, lets us know how we can help, had a great time as the Featured Driver last week handing out pics to the kido's.

Not a driver , just a fan. Every track has a class off every now and then. When those classes are off send an invite with an increased purse or sponsor bonus money for that class. Right now it seems STS is the # 1 track for car count so maybe your rules should be as close to theirs so they would not have to change a lot to run there legally.Make an invite to drivers of tracks that are off that Saturday. You might have to do something special for them that first time like tow money or something.It is going to be tough to run head to head with Edna and STS right now as strong as they are. I am glad SOS is back and I wish you well.Tell you what I would love to see ASCS or USMTS run there!

Jim, I think everything your doing is just fine. I do believe a larger purse would help some, but I really believe that with the economic times right now, alot of cars are setting in the shop, like mine. It will get better, I think after mid season.

without a douth that place is awsome if we keep it together will be back each race . but i do believe the track needs to be dry slick tacky is to hard on these motors great track great people just loose a little water

The cars running I37 in the pure stock class shouldnt have to go through a gear change. You should be ok. You might turn 300 or so more rpm but that shouldnt hurt you guys. Henley's we need more good cars get your butts over here and race against some competition. The racers over here are quality racers with their heads on right!

The only one thing i really noticed was the lighting around the track could be i wasnt use to it but other then that the track was awesome, Could be dry slick here and there, but dont let the drivers know each week what the track will be like.

Archived