Black Flag

Bumper

As I'm watching the races I'm wondering whats going on with the driving this season! Is the pay that good? Cars started the season looking really sharp but the last 2 races it looks like demo derby. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/7/09] The street stock and limited late model classes especially. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/7/09] How come can some cars go from the back to the front without tearing everybody up? Good driving skills, probably!! Cars in the past were black flagged, put on probation or suspended. With the economy being so tight, how many drivers are going to be able to keep putting a car back together and be able to race each week? Rubbing is racing and I enjoy a good show but slamming into cars because you need the whole track is wrong. This track was always known for clean driving. Hope nobody gets seriously hurt before the black flag will come out.

JMO

How about if you spin out...bring out the caution...you DON'T get your place back....you go to the back.

I watched two guys spin in front of me three times, very little or no contact and they got there place back, this was in the first three laps of the race. I spun and got put in the back, this is how it should be. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/11/09]

Amen to that. Same happened here. I missed all the cars on the first spin, they got their places all back after I had cleared the dusty melee. However, I didn't clear it the second time the washing machine started spinning. I end up last place. You spin, you go to the back....all cars involved in the spin. I've spun many times before...I never got my place back.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree...but make it 2 spins and black flag.

I can't afford to try to bring a decent looking car to the track every week if this keeps up. It's hard to work on the performance end of your package if you're constantly repairing bodies, buying new wheels and tires, bumpers, brakes, and axles because we're either trying to win on lap 1 or just being stupid. And we need to do our best to bring as nice a car to the track for the fans and the show. Dry slick track....back out a little earlier...roll into the throttle...stop using someone elses 4 wheels to help you turn. There are plenty of seasoned drivers at our track that will tell you that sometimes slower is faster. Our track is going to be dry slick for the feature...it's inevitable. Jim and Eric have done a great job with the track in getting it smooth and has been tacky of late....but it will dry out. It's called Texas, 100 degrees and no humidity. There's going to be spinouts...I do it. Spin......you go to the back.

Agree 100% if you start on the pole or in front and spin before a lap is completed those that spun need to go to the back not restart in the front again. Keep putting them in front and the race will never get started. Also agree 1 or 2 solo spins take it to the trailer.

Agree 100% if you start on the pole or in front and spin before a lap is completed those that spun need to go to the back not restart in the front again. Keep putting them in front and the race will never get started. Also agree 1 or 2 solo spins take it to the trailer.

i agree, i spun twice and loaded up, did not have a problem with the ruling. Unfortunatly i let my frustration with the first 35 minutes of the race affect my driving (our feature took 45 minutes). Why throw the caution so quick? the second time i spun i knew i would be black flagged, went threw the infield and was back on the straight when the yellow came out.

I believe that most drivers would agree with this consensus and it should be brought up with Jim / Eric one on one...not in the driver's meeting to put on a show...but as a safety issue and a way to speed up our show process for the fans and maybe we can take our cars home in relatively good condition...we're gonna rub...it's the slamming, rough driving, and no position loss when you spin. The fans we have will soon get tired of seeing a demolition derby and go somewhere else. I mean, did anyone see the carnage left over in the infield?.....I mean geez, I could've built me another sportmod with the parts left over from the race!

i agree, i spun twice and loaded up, did not have a problem with the ruling. Unfortunatly i let my frustration with the first 35 minutes of the race affect my driving (our feature took 45 minutes). Why throw the caution so quick? the second time i spun i knew i would be black flagged, went threw the infield and was back on the straight when the yellow came out.

sm44 i belive you wouldnt have got black flag cause i think your allowed 3 in feature 2 in heat.... but there right needs 2 spins max in heat and feature, would make show go on longer.. if you get black flagged get off track, if you dont get off track then they ought to throw red and let offical tell them to get off track.... fans want good racing and a fast show.....so do racers... :ph34r:

I think we all spin. Sometimes multiple times in a race. I know I do and have in the past...I did it leading 3 weeks ago. I got lucky and didn't scrap the whole field. Caution came out...I went straight to the back because there's no way I deserve to be leading after I did a solo spin like that. It happens... If my junk isn't handling...I dang sure don't want to cause anyone else harm or trouble in a race because I cannot drive my car because the handling is so bad. I'd rather load up and come back loaded for bear next week.

Dr 88 I agree with you 100% I wish they would follow the rule because I would have gotton a black flag and not wrecked my JUNK. I think if I spin two time I will Black Flag myself because that means I suck that night. I am also with sm44 my mind was lost after all the spins did not know whether is should race or keep a look out for the next wreck, very hard to drive that way, and I am gun shy because I am on my SECOND car this season. Sucks Bad. What kind of Dr are you anyway?

sm44 i belive you wouldnt have got black flag cause i think your allowed 3 in feature 2 in heat.... but there right needs 2 spins max in heat and feature, would make show go on longer.. if you get black flagged get off track, if you dont get off track then they ought to throw red and let offical tell them to get off track.... fans want good racing and a fast show.....so do racers... :ph34r:

well they showed me the black flag, thinking back it was probably rolled up for a warning, i was not thinking clearly at this point my car was at 240 and i was looking for a reason to come off. The following day i pulled the rr off and discovered my caliper was coming off, the bolt holding it on had backed out, it was a blessing in a round about way i guess. I love racing down there, the few people i have met have been nothing but nice and helpfull and it is 30 minutes closer than waco. If they change the rule about spinning cars going to the back i will be back.

I THINK IF YOU SPIN OR ARE IN A WRECK THAT BROUGHT OUT THE YELLOW YOU AND ALL OTHER CARS IN IT GOES TO THE BACK I DONT LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS NOW ITS LIKE KYLE THE FIRST CAR THAT SPINS IS THE CAR THAT GOES TO THE BACK NOT ALL THAT WAS IN THE WRECK AND GO BACK TO THE LAST LAP SO IT WOULD BE STRAIGHT UP IF YOU BROUGHT OUT THE YELLOW OR ARE IN A YELLOW YOU GO TO THE BACK SAN ANTONIO SPEEDWAY WAS LIKE THAT JMO

Dr 88 I agree with you 100% I wish they would follow the rule because I would have gotton a black flag and not wrecked my JUNK. I think if I spin two time I will Black Flag myself because that means I suck that night. I am also with sm44 my mind was lost after all the spins did not know whether is should race or keep a look out for the next wreck, very hard to drive that way, and I am gun shy because I am on my SECOND car this season. Sucks Bad. What kind of Dr are you anyway?

Oh...the dr actually stands for "driver" 88.... but if I had my choice... gynecology would be cool

Jr doesn't drive me crazy, just you darlin. lol just kidding, the only thing that bothers me is that stupid a** sticker on your car

Oh and good interview, you did a great job!!! Can I have your autograph? lol

So what would happen if I get at Texas Tech sticker... I don't even like college football!

Archived