Black Flag

Bumper

As I'm watching the races I'm wondering whats going on with the driving this season! Is the pay that good? Cars started the season looking really sharp but the last 2 races it looks like demo derby. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/7/09] The street stock and limited late model classes especially. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/7/09] How come can some cars go from the back to the front without tearing everybody up? Good driving skills, probably!! Cars in the past were black flagged, put on probation or suspended. With the economy being so tight, how many drivers are going to be able to keep putting a car back together and be able to race each week? Rubbing is racing and I enjoy a good show but slamming into cars because you need the whole track is wrong. This track was always known for clean driving. Hope nobody gets seriously hurt before the black flag will come out.

JMO

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed the rough driving also. The street stock doubled its cars since last season. I guess a lot of drivers are new or cant drive in traffic. I cant believe these guys can afford to tear up cars especially in these tough economic times. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/7/09] Get some skills guys !

[edited out by Nick Holt, 5/7/09] there does seem to be a lot of 8 wheels are better then 4 type deals going on though. some of the issues seemed to stem from no mirrors. it is an excuse i know, but sometimes it looked like the person in front chopped down not knowing the other person was there. then again maybe thats how they race, not really sure.

jmo...

I don't have years of experience, but when I can go to another track and manage to finish both a heat and a main with as little as a few scratchs from a little mutual rubbing, it makes me wonder why I can't even finish 1/2 of a heat race without it costing me 2 tires, 2 rims, hours of sheet metal work, and tons of frustration... And that is not even counting the damage from the main. I've always know that if it's got ( . ) ( . ) or tires it's gonna cost money, but the season gets REAL expensive REAL quick at that rate.

We had a high car count last week and I think it would be great to keep it, but in order to do that I think that there has to come a point where "excessively" rough driving is pentalized.

Accidents will happen, and there is a lot on that track that we can't control... and to get taken out in an accident is one thing...[edited out by Nick Holt, 5/7/09]

Rough driving is a problem at one time or another at most tracks. LSS has had many interesting discussions over the years about rough driving and the various ways to control it.

But we do not allow attacks on drivers or tracks whether it's deserved or not. There are sites out there where folks can bash away all they like, but LSS is not one of them.

I have edited several posts in this thread. If anyone has a problem with a particular driver or a particular track, they should take the matter up with the parties involved rather than attacking from behind a computer keyboard.

Thanks.

Nick

I GUESE IT IS LIKE THIS IF YOU ANT BITCHING YOU ANT RACING WE NEED LESS OF THE BITCHING AND MORE RACING AND THE FUN THAT YOU HAVE AT THE TRACK I 37 IS DOING A GRATE JOB AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS BITCH COME ON THEY GIVE US A PLACE TO BE BIG KIDS AND YES I HAVE SEEN BAD DRIVING BUT IT COMES FROM ALL NO ONE IS THAT GOOD IF SO YOU SHOULD BE IN NASCAR LOL

I appreciate the fact that not everyone is always pleased with things the way they are at any track on any given weekend. But what good does it do to get on a public forum and bitch about stuff? All it does is make the person complaining about this or that driver or this or that track or this or that promoter look like a crybaby.

And the LSS forums are not here to provide a quick, easy and anonymous outlet or a soapbox for malcontents. The forums are here to provide a place where the Texas racing community can get the latest information and discuss issues, topics and ideas of general interest to our members in a civil manner.

There are numerous forums where folks can rant and rave against drivers, promoters, "bad" calls, etc, but LSS is not one of them.

Thanks.

Nick

Rough driving is a problem at one time or another at most tracks. LSS has had many interesting discussions over the years about rough driving and the various ways to control it.

But we do not allow attacks on drivers or tracks whether it's deserved or not. There are sites out there where folks can bash away all they like, but LSS is not one of them.

I have edited several posts in this thread. If anyone has a problem with a particular driver or a particular track, they should take the matter up with the parties involved rather than attacking from behind a computer keyboard.

Thanks.

Nick

Nick, I appologize!

I had no intention of bashing a particular track or driver... Even the edited section was not intended for anyone inparticular. I've disscussed and made peace with the drive that I had an incodent with last week... The 08 is a friend of mine... I didn't mean to come across as attacking.

As you stated the LSS is a forum for discussing issues... I was simply trying to agree that excessive rough driving the last couple of races at a particlar track has indeed been an issue. I wasn't trying to bash anyone or any track, just looking for a good answer, and hoping the powers that be may read through these and work to correct the issue before we lose any cars from a good track.

Lets flipside this for a second. If the flagman throws the black flag everytime someone gets bumped you will need two flaggers. I think at THR and I-37 the flagmen do great jobs. Do the fans have to yell at them every once in a while for a yellow or because someone was banging on another car and they didnt see it, sure.... But all in all, they are doing a great job, perfect no; but I don't want to try walking on water!

steve does a great job. as far as the yellow coming out too late or too soon, i alway assumed he got the call from the officials on when to throw it or hold it. so never really thought it was steves call when to throw the flag. figured it was the same with the black flag.

I 'm going to have to look up the definition for the words of "bumped and smashed". I thought i was being smashed last week but i guess those were bumps that caved in the drivers side of my car and pushed the nerf bar to the bottom of my window opening. I've known Steve a long time and he does a good job and can't see everything but none of the posts talk about black flagging for rubbing or "bumping" thats expected. But a black flag can be used for taking someone out or looking like a pinball bouncing there way thru and causing other to crash.

JMO but I have to agree with the rough driving. Come on guys. There is no need for all of that. The cost of racing these days have gone up tremendously in the last few years and the drivers don't need any of this ****. They have enough to pay for as is, with their pit entry, buying fuel, tires and etc. Then they have to fix their cars cause drivers feel its okay to run over other drivers. NOT COOL AT ALL. I saw the same driver hit 4 other cars out there. Cars got torn up for no freakin reason. It was and still is uncalled for.

Also, on a different note: about the modifieds. If you decide to run the modifieds once a month, so be it. But have a bigger purse. You will hopefully get a good modified turnout and good hard "clean" racing for that purse. That is a win for the drivers (get a good payout), a win for the track (gets a good turnout) and a win for the fans (who get to watch one heck of a race). Its a win win for everyone.

And then there is the rules. Keep the rules for your classes and quit making them faster each year with new stuff because the drivers are begging for it. When you make these changes, it can and will force out the lower budget drivers because they can't keep up with the changes and be competitive, so they quit or go somewhere else to race. If you lose the car count, you will lose the fans. Then what? I would hate to see another track shut down.

Again this is JMO.

I would say the guys doing the banging, and they know who they are, should really think hard about how they want to be driven back. From what I have seen, drivers NEVER forget when someone tore them up . We all make mistakes, and getting together sometimes happens. The problem is when 1 driver is a repeat offender and always seems to bang his way to the front. If the track doesn't deal with him, I bet the other drivers getting banged around eventually will ....

Drive clean and make friends....

Have the color of every car in your class somewhere in your sheet metal, don't cry when you get put in the wall...

jmo

i have a cure for beating, banging and using the bumper to move me.... you drive me clean and i drive you clean. you try to move me by running over me or use me as the guardrail and it's on... i got caught in traffic during a cart race and the kid behind me wasnt nearly as patient as i was, he proceeded to try to move me and succeeded only till i caught him several laps later and removed him from the race.

Live by your sword, die by your sword... If you want to move people expect to be moved!

What a shame...Life is too short, and too precious to spend it being stupid. If you have to cheat to win, you're a cheater. I'm sorry to hear this, but I know it happens, and it can cause a lot more than damage to a car. (You can fix a car)

thats the bad part. an innocent driver a couple of cars back might get torn up because you took care of that bad driver on your own. the tracks have a black flag and should use it before the other drivers become vigilantes on the track. that will be no good for anybody.

beating and banging will happen. But when the same driver runs over everybody since the start of the season someone needs to put the black flag where he can feel it.

I wont mention any names but just say he drives like a pinball. Since the start of the season i have seen this driver take a couple of cars out every raceat I-37 and even at SOS. He collected us this past race. I spoke to the people at the track that needed to know. We'll wait and see what happens.

But like other people have said in this post YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU GIVE.

I 'm going to have to look up the definition for the words of "bumped and smashed". I thought i was being smashed last week but i guess those were bumps that caved in the drivers side of my car and pushed the nerf bar to the bottom of my window opening. I've known Steve a long time and he does a good job and can't see everything but none of the posts talk about black flagging for rubbing or "bumping" thats expected. But a black flag can be used for taking someone out or looking like a pinball bouncing there way thru and causing other to crash.

FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD IS THE DRIVER IN QUESTION HERE WAS MOVING CARS OUT OF HIS WAY <_< THATS JUST WRONG IN MY BOOK THE DAMAGE TO THAT DOOR BAR IS TUFF TO TAKE THATS IN THE DRIVERS DOOR AND U CAN TELL ITS A FRONT TIRE STARTING FROM BEHIND THE DRIVERS DOOR :( AND A KINDA RULE BETWEEN DRIVERS IF U GET FRONT TIRE PAST THE FRONT DOOR ITS TIME TO SHARE IF NOT ITS NOT UR PLACE I SEEN THE VIDEO AND ITS NOT GOOD THE FLAG MAN NEEDS MORE POWER TO STOP THAT STUFF AND I KNOW HE DOES NOT THERES A BIRDY IN HIS EAR TELLING HIM YEH OR NEH I LIKE STEVE AND HE DOES A GREAT JOB BUT IF I WAS HIM I WOULD UNPLUG THAT BIRDY JMO

Thanks Greg.... I wasnt there and by no means am I saying take the lead in moving people... i would rather race a clean race and not have it happened at all.... We need car count and the more that get wrecked the less there are to race...

When I moved the young man I put him up a 6" curb and there was no one else around... After the race his dad and I spoke and he agreed that his son was driving rough and needed to learn to control his foot and be patient...

The race isnt won till the last lap, but being in the front in a short track race is a must!

How about if you spin out...bring out the caution...you DON'T get your place back....you go to the back.

I watched two guys spin in front of me three times, very little or no contact and they got there place back, this was in the first three laps of the race. I spun and got put in the back, this is how it should be. [edited out by Nick Holt 5/11/09]

As I'm watching the races I'm wondering whats going on with the driving this season! Is the pay that good? Cars started the season looking really sharp but the last 2 races it looks like demo derby. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/7/09] The street stock and limited late model classes especially. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/7/09] How come can some cars go from the back to the front without tearing everybody up? Good driving skills, probably!! Cars in the past were black flagged, put on probation or suspended. With the economy being so tight, how many drivers are going to be able to keep putting a car back together and be able to race each week? Rubbing is racing and I enjoy a good show but slamming into cars because you need the whole track is wrong. This track was always known for clean driving. Hope nobody gets seriously hurt before the black flag will come out.

JMO

How about if you spin out...bring out the caution...you DON'T get your place back....you go to the back.

I watched two guys spin in front of me three times, very little or no contact and they got there place back, this was in the first three laps of the race. I spun and got put in the back, this is how it should be. i will not be back untill they change this rule. I am tired of passing four cars that spin then letting them get back in front of me. You can keep my 7th place money and put it towards new rule books.

yep thats whats going on hate to say it, but if a person spins out needs to go to the back not to his spot. and if a person spins out 3 times in feature its black flag and to the pits according to rules... so why did i see one spin out 4 times and get spot back and one spin out 5 times i belive(might have been 4) and get his spot back... i really want to see this track flurish but im afraid there digging there own grave.... also that one car thats always banging needs to be banned before some one gets hurt and its not the responsiblilty of the other drivers to teach him that thats not right its the responsibilty of the track and officail.......disclamer: this reflects my opionion and not the other opionions of the drivers or forum members on this track .... :ph34r:

Archived