We are racing May 1

SassyCassie14

It looked like pretty good car counts in the other class, I dont think any classes need to be combined. . JMO

Ditto....

Combining in the middle of a season? Bad Idea...Don't change rules...Car counts were good in pures,streets and ssm...More cars coming in llm..

Rule changes cost a lot of money and anger drivers.... <_<

Again, I'm not saying in the middle of the season, but something that definitely needs to be addressed. Combine whatever classes you need to make it work, just make it work.

don't know who jaime is. but you keep stirring the pot. car counts are great. no changes needed.mods will work their problem out.great racing ,alot of broken stuff ,so don't stir :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

If people take what I say and see it as stirring the pot, I apologize, as this is not my intent.

WELL HOW DID THE OUTLAW MODS GO OR ANY OTHER CLASS ?? :rolleyes:

greg hows your car coming.

It turned out great, we had four and i broke in hot laps, trying to get it together for a feature and they announced no mod races.

thats what racing is all about and they WILL COME ----I was at the track but was not able to watch the races ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL

Considering we have a pretty good car count in pures 2 of the 3 races with more cars on the way I dont see where mixing our class and streets would do anything but be a nightmare...Unfortunately the mods have not had a solid 14-18 car field in a loong time. Its a complex issue that isn't going to change over night. Its going to take some give and take be it pay increases sanction tech saftey... I dont have an answer but if I can make a suggestion it would be for them to goto Corpus/Edna/Goliad and talk to the drivers and find out what their issues may be. Not everyone reads LSS. But everyone has a voice. In a case like this going to them may be a good thing in the long run...JMHO... All in all it was a pretty good night just not for me... lol

On a side note I really want to apologize to Jason Kelly from last night... I lost power going into 3 and was trying to get down to pull into the infield... Didnt want to wreck your night you had a fast car and prob the car to beat.

Screw that holds power to the ignition toggle switch backed off and was loose to where the wire was barely making contact instant shut down... lol

How about making the mods a once a month type of deal? I don't think southtexas has enough mods to support four tracks (and five if hill country gets going), so work a deal with the other tracks to host bigger shows less often. Make the payout bigger than average, promote the hell out of it and rotate it. I don't think the other tracks are drawing huge numbers either, but combine all the cars to run at one track and see what happens. The track will have three to four weeks to save a little money, then really put on a good show. Almost a minuture usmts, south texas style. It would take some work, some cooperation on the owners/promoters end and the drivers that are mad at a certain track for one reason or the other would need to get over it and try it. This may never work but i think would be worth a shot. The other plus would be it would eliminate one class from every night racing and shorten the program which make me ask, why an intermission? When heats are over start the feature. If you have a special half time program great, if not lets just run the cars and get home.

Why does Killeen and Waco have so many mods and have had for years?? The pay is reasonable and consistant! It's not an "if you have so many cars" deal. There has not been any new cars in SA for several years. I think that there have been 3 and mine shouldn't count as it was a replacement. I-37 is the only track I have seen with so few Modifieds anywhere. Outlaw or IMCA is not going to fix the problem. I37 has the highest driver entry of any where. Racing once a month will kill the class completely. Who is going to spend money to race once a month? I used to race at Texas Dirt every week and then go to the Hill Country and work on my house. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/3/09]

Kileen. and Waco have cars for good reasons . 1. the people there are race oriented, fans and drivers. Our city and surrounding towns are NOT. 2. Most the people in that area have nothing else to do on the weekends, unless they drive to austin, have you ever partied in kileen ? good luck with that. Pat and the track personel has always treated us good when we went there, and we were outsiders, so i am sure his locals are treated good. we have over a million people in sa,and couldnt support 2 defunked tracks here, i mean 2 bad ass tracks here. you have to have support from your surrounding communities in order for a track to survive, especially in these times. fans bring money,money brings cars. combining a class that has a 4 seconds different in lap times is not smart, and has 12 to 16 cars per class, per night. jmo

Kileen. and Waco have cars for good reasons . 1. the people there are race oriented, fans and drivers. Our city and surrounding towns are NOT. 2. Most the people in that area have nothing else to do on the weekends, unless they drive to austin, have you ever partied in kileen ? good luck with that. Pat and the track personel has always treated us good when we went there, and we were outsiders, so i am sure his locals are treated good. we have over a million people in sa,and couldnt support 2 defunked tracks here, i mean 2 bad ass tracks here. you have to have support from your surrounding communities in order for a track to survive, especially in these times. fans bring money,money brings cars. combining a class that has a 4 seconds different in lap times is not smart, and has 12 to 16 cars per class, per night. jmo

I meant to travel to different tracks each week, race once a month at corpus, once at edna, goliad, 1 37, you would race every week, the track would host once a month. as far as Killeen and waco go they are more oriented to the races, they also get the show on the road and over with quickly, two weeks ago in waco they ran 8 classes, we were the last to run, i was paid and on thirty five at 12:30.

don't know who jaime is. but you keep stirring the pot. car counts are great. no
: _______"JAMIE IS A GREAT GUY AND HES NOT MESSING WITH THE POT HES BEEN AROUND TO A BUNCH OF RACES AND A GREAT FRIEND AND NO I DONT THINK THE MODS WILL WORK THEMSELVES OUT CAR COUNT SUCKS IN SOME CLASSES AND IT NEEDS HELP HES IS ONLY GIVING HIS OPINION AND HE IS ALLOWED I HAVE NEVER HEARD JAMIE BASH THIS OR ANY TRACK FROM WHAT I HEARD IT WAS A WRECK FEST IN SOME RACES AND THERE WAS AGAIN SOME PSSED OFF DRIVERS SOME THAT HAVE BEEN THERE A LONG TIME :ph34r: I ONLY SEE GOOD COMING OUT OF A IMCA SANCTIONED EVENT ;) AND THATS THE SPORT MODS THE OUTLAW LATEMODELS THAT SOMEONE HAD BIG IDEALS FOR IS NOT GOING SO WELL :blink: AND IM NOT BASHING THE TRACK BUT WHAT I AM SAYING IS WHAT IS GOING ON WILL NOT PLEASE THE FANS CAUSE WITHOUT FANS IT WILL NOT WORK I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WANT TO RACE BUT THEY ALSO NEED TO LOOK AT WHAT THEY R DOING FOR THE FANS MAYBE STOP AND ASK A FEW FANS THERE OPINION ;) MODS THEY R A DYING BREED IN OUR AREA :blink: SO IF I WAS I-37 I WOULD GIVE UP ON THEM AND FOCUS ON ANOTHER CLASS THE FANS MAY WANT TO SEE CAUSE WITHOUT MONEY THEY WILL NOT COME AND WHEN U PISS ONE OFF THEN U HAVE PISSED FIVE OFF THE ONCE A MONTH THING GOOD IDEAL BUT THEN I THINK U WILL GET UR MAIN FANS ON THAT NIGHT THEY LIKE MODS BUT THEY R HIGH PRICE TO SEE SOMEONE PULL FROM CHORPUS THEN LEAVE DOES NOT LOOK GOOD THATS A GREAT RACER AND WHATEVER HAPPENED IS BETWEEN THE TRACK AND HIM BUT IN MY OPINION MODS COST MONEY AND THEY TAKE MONEY TO RUN SO IF U DONT WANT TO PAY THEM THEY WONT RACE SO MY OPINION IF UR IN IT FOR THE MONEY I WOULD NOT PUT THE MODS ON MY SHOW LIST UNLESS U R GOING TO PAY THEM AND GIVE THEM A GOOD TRACK TO RACE ON BEST OF LUCK TO THEM NOT BASHING JUST FACTS

Archived