SPRINT'S

• 5 months later...

I don't know if the following specifically includes Gator, but it might relate. It was posted on the houstonarearacing forum, and has to do with John Coyle of ASCS2/EMSA starting an injected 305 Wingless class..

The reason we are looking at that.Is there are three other 305 groups in Texas and running these rules(with success).Alot of guys are stuck on wanting to running carberators.True you save money by running carbs.But then people are spending more then what it cost for a new set of injectors on a motor thats only going to last one year.Why not spend a little more on injectors(used injection and mags can be bought also)and have a motor that will last for 4 to 5 years.These cars will not have wings or any cockpit adjustables.So this is going to be a set up deal more then who can spend the most money.Getting back to the other 3 groups.Now with this class your likely to get drop ins from other areas.Carberated 360 your not cause there arent any.Carberated 305 again your not going to get any out of town cars cause there arent any.We did the same thing in mini sprints running very limited rules and different from all other groups.We had about 12 cars a week. Then we went to standardized rules(ASCS2) with the rest of the country.Now we get 20 to 30 a night.The same can happen with the racesaver sprints.I talked to racesaver and have already got oked to start a group in the Houston Area.We will also hold regional races with us going to Dallas to run and them coming to Houston to run with us.Along with running with the group from East Texas.We are hoping to get races scheduled for mid 2010.I have already talked to alot of the tracks and generated interest.Im going to our corperate sponcers for year end awards and setting up a points fund.Any sprint car drivers interested in discussing the rules or any other ideas can call me John Coyle at 832-921-6043 or come by and see me this weekend at 105 speedway ASCS and ASCS2 will be running there .

Archived