IMCA Modified Sanction for I37?

Modified20

Has there been anymore considerations for sanctioning the Modified Class moving forward? In my opinion car count has been lacking due to the outlaw rules. the class needs to be cost competitve class and the cars will come out again. Just my 2Cents

Big Mike

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike, that subject has been sliced, diced, hashed, mashed.......and all the other adjectives that Waffle House uses.....

It isn't going to happen, and now because of that several guys have sold their(IMCA) stuff already.

Since HOT cancelled early the possibility was there to pick up car from the Austin/Killeen/GRK area that normally would have raced at HOT tonight.

As long as the track is not sanctioned they might pick up a couple...(not me)...The current rules do not favor a competitive race. the outlaw cars have a much greater advantage, and I'm not going to waste my time, equipment and money without have a reasonable chance to win. By the way there are plenty of cars sitting around that could be ready to race under IMCA rules and be competitve.

Just My Quarter, costs more than 2 cents its way out of reach due to the economy.

Not SO Big Mike

There are no cars sitting around San Antonio that could be raced IMCA. There are 2 forsale but the rest have been mostly didmantled and they didn't race IMCA before. I was told this was the reason for the change to outlaw,no cars. I intend to race outlaw or IMCA whatever. My issue is , do I have a chance of paying to get in from the purse?

Just asking but what was the average car count with imca mods. I havent been there in a few years because of family, so i have no say on which way to go.Personally i like imca rules better ,without the claim,{I dont know of anyone running a 500 motor in last 20 years,}.I am planning on running up there a few times this year either way.Also not fond of having to run a certain wheel because they pay imca.But I will try to make it on weekends that I will have time to work on car saturday to get ready for corpus. Weekends we don not race i should be there.P S congratulations on being little mike.

Eddy, to answer your question.....back when Joe/Frank were operating the track they averaged about 20 IMCA Mods. A lot has happened with things since then....which I won't go into...but sure you know anyway. Last year it was only about 10/night. This years "Outlaw" count is starting the same. It's just a swap of these guys for those guys.

The claim is NOT about running a $500 motor....but keeping the playing field level so (usually) the majority of racers can be competitive, and not feel(real or percieved) out horse-dollared. Again, a subject we've beat to death.

There are guys that have quit/retired/sold thier stuff/don't show up because they don't feel they have a fighting chance against aluminum heads, quick changes, etc.

As for wheels, you do have a point......but correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only about $4-5 more per wheel? Granted, if enough get torn up during a race season it adds up. I would think some of that gets made back up in IMCA track points payout, contingency awards, etc. Yes??? I posted a list a while back of all the money/awards/parts that guys from around here recieved for their efforts last year.

Eddy, to answer your question.....back when Joe/Frank were operating the track they averaged about 20 IMCA Mods. A lot has happened with things since then....which I won't go into...but sure you know anyway. Last year it was only about 10/night. This years "Outlaw" count is starting the same. It's just a swap of these guys for those guys.

The claim is NOT about running a $500 motor....but keeping the playing field level so (usually) the majority of racers can be competitive, and not feel(real or percieved) out horse-dollared. Again, a subject we've beat to death.

There are guys that have quit/retired/sold thier stuff/don't show up because they don't feel they have a fighting chance against aluminum heads, quick changes, etc.

As for wheels, you do have a point......but correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only about $4-5 more per wheel? Granted, if enough get torn up during a race season it adds up. I would think some of that gets made back up in IMCA track points payout, contingency awards, etc. Yes??? I posted a list a while back of all the money/awards/parts that guys from around here recieved for their efforts last year.

All the points money is paid by the track to imca then imca gives same amount back to drivers . They just get to keep the interest its earned over te year. I know but what about if we get national points money. Ok maybe one person from south texas will get any extra. To finish near the top in national standing you need to race about 50 times a year and win 30 of them. i only know of two people capable of doing that around here and they dont race imca consitantly enough. They go to races that in one night pay what imca pays for a national champion. And the only thing a quick change would do for me is rob horsepower and save money on buying 3rd members every year.As for aluminum heads. I have one pair they are on my truck itdosent makea hole lot of horsepower. All that said, yes we do need to do something about motors. I must have missed the list. Was my name on it i finished third in our points.Maybe they are sending me something. B)

Point taken on the number of guys that could compete for a national championship....but it was a little more than you think.....10k for the Nat. title, 2,500 for Reg. champ, plus HOT and Texas Thunder points money(close to a grand), a set of EQ heads, complete rear end from Speedway, 500 from dynotech and 100 from Kevko and probably some others(didn't read through all the contingencies this time).

Greg even got money for Reg. points, plus I-37 and STS track points...and a nice shiny new carburetor.

Yes, your name was on it too......check your PM's.

I tried to search for the list and the search engine on here sux......and I didn't save it. :(

jmo imca wont make a differance of that many cars..... plain and simple and everyone hear knows what brings the most cars for any class.... big PURSES... dont get me wrong either cause i cant win those kinda of purses cause i suck at driving and of coarse under powered.. but big purses bring lots of cars....i know tracks cant afford it and thats one thing that will keep some classes car counts down..... big money , brings big and more cars, which brings more fans, which brings more money for track.... uncle had a track in tennesse.... there where 4 tracks with in 1hr from him and he always had the biggst crowed .... he told me the secret that he used... big purses with some guarnteed payback for all racers that race the feature, cheaper pit passes and entry fees, and bump the gate for fans a buck more and keep food and beer at a decent price...... he would drag all the cars in with purses and cheap pitpasses and along with them came the fans.........like i said jmo :ph34r:

wicked.....big purses DON'T necessarily mean bigger car counts.

They were paying $1,000 to win in the Modifieds and still only got 11, but your right about paying back through the field.

thats not really a big purse jmo... i think around a 2000 is a big purse..... i know lots are gonna say 1000 is.... the big purse has to be consistant too.... cant go by one night of racing.. if some one wants to have the biggest turn out and best track for racing gonna have to spend money... i know moneys tight and i couldnt offer that either but someones gonna have to stick neck out and give it a shot if they want the best around..... with no sacrifce comes no victory...jmo

Point taken on the number of guys that could compete for a national championship....but it was a little more than you think.....10k for the Nat. title, 2,500 for Reg. champ, plus HOT and Texas Thunder points money(close to a grand), a set of EQ heads, complete rear end from Speedway, 500 from dynotech and 100 from Kevko and probably some others(didn't read through all the contingencies this time).

Greg even got money for Reg. points, plus I-37 and STS track points...and a nice shiny new carburetor.

Yes, your name was on it too......check your PM's.

I tried to search for the list and the search engine on here sux......and I didn't save it. :(

Reb i did get the imca points money.That money came from Owen sending it to them every week.some people may not know this but everyweek the promoter sends imca a check based on number cars entered.At the end of season Imca devides this money that track has sent and sends it to drivers .So basically sts paid my points money .those guys up north that got nearly 1000.had more cars everynight. And Johnny i think we were talking about modified imca money not limited.You guys did great this year but its because you guys ran alot of races at alot of tracks. Thats alot of traveling wich costs alot of money.And evetryone says imca is supposed to be cheap.You can when pretty good money if you can afford to race three times a weekend everyweekend.

I looked through the "racing junk" posting and one of the two cars for sale was on there. All of the others were maybe within 200 miles but nearly all were at the edge. Only 1 car from anywhere closer than Austin. Like I said, there are no cars around this area parked and IMCA ready to use.

I looked through the "racing junk" posting and one of the two cars for sale was on there. All of the others were maybe within 200 miles but nearly all were at the edge. Only 1 car from anywhere closer than Austin. Like I said, there are no cars around this area parked and IMCA ready to use.

I can name 4 right now

20 sbg

25 sbg

37 pittaway

99 rye

Archived