CCS Races are still on!

debwill

The sun is shining here in Corpus Christi!

We arrived here (in Corpus) yesterday evening, and we've had absolutely NO RAIN! It looks like most of the rain is north of Corpus. Austin sure looks like it's getting hammered. And the radar looks promising.

I just spoke with Dan Monroe, the owner of CCS, and we're planning to open up on schedule for the TSRS practice session at 4:00 p.m. today. If we can't practice today due to the weather, we will open the gate a couple of hours earlier tomorrow (Saturday).

So, come on down and join us at the races.

You bet! I'll be posting on LSS and sending out e-mails to the teams and staff.

I'm getting ready to sit out on the deck and enjoy some of this coastal sunshine!

99 it is not going to rain .this is south texas ... i was thinking of putting suntan lotion on ..but an after thought came to mind ..i dont use that stuff ....... positive thinking here ..... heck the weather is so good the blue angels have been buzzing my work and house a couple of times today ...........

Just made reservations @ the Bodet Hilton (Thanks, Reb...). Gonna come down and watch some good racing tomorrow...

rosie you could have stayed at my house ..heck id feed you .. i would only charge you regualr hotel rates ...lol... glad your comeing ..at this time rain is near but has been staying right on the ege of town .. so my thinking is .which doesnt matter .its just a tease ........

Here's a list of the cars that are at the track:

TSRS Late Models

00 Beau Bukowski

14 Jake Kruger

81 Dillon Spreen

2 Bobby Teer, Jr.

79 Brian Moczygemba

17 Robert Barker

05 Cody Smith

4 Levi Krauss

51 Chad Menard

Jake Kruger has the fastest time so far - 14.236, which tops the track record set in 2004 by Ervin Breiten, Jr. - 14.515. Several drivers have also topped that record, so we're looking for the track record to be broken tomorrow in qualfying.

TSRS Allison Legacys

07 Rusty Mirth

08 Gavin Boyd

19 Cole Runco

96 Jake Wright

88 Kyle Harding

32 James Huff

56 Lauren Runco

Fastest time for the TSRS Allison Legacys so far is Kyle Harding with a 16.161.

And, by the way, the sun is shining . . . really!

Practice is over. Jake Kruger turned in a 14.132 during the last practice session.

Here's a picture of Jake and his mom (Deb) when he got the news about his time:

post-29-1240019584.jpg

Anybody remember the track record for the USRA super late models?

I can't seem to find my references notes about USRA or ROMCO. I think USRA only ran there in 2005, none in 2006.

I know the TIDA record was a 13.48 set by Slick Yoemans in '96.

Tom: The Texas International Drivers Association Late Model Series track record at Corpus Christi Speedway is 13.485 seconds. It was timed by the TIDA Infra Red system on October 19, 1996. The record holding driver is Slick Yeomans from Corpus Christi and North Carolina. He drove a Ford Thunderbird 272 CID V-6.

The Texas Pro Sedan track record was broken the last time TPS raced at CCS on July 9, 2005. The record time was set by Donnie Moore of Hutto, Texas in a VW Scirocco/1710cc. His record stands at 15.370 seconds.

Neil Upchurch

Former President & Race Director

TIDA Late Model Series

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Tomorrow I will post a picture of the "Hillbilly Cleanup Crew" - don't have it yet. And, no, I'm not picking on the CCS safety crews. You'll understand when you see the picture.

Archived