13, 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX Ford Mustang/2349-svo 21.296 0 Laps

14, 9 r Bobby Burrows/Yorktown, TX Ford Fusion/2338-svo D 20.256 dns Laps

15, 88 r Doug Osburn/San Antonio, TX Chevrolet Cobalt/2232 dnt dns Laps

16, 3 Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1782 dna

17, 18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX VW Karmen Ghia/2275 dna

18, 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1870 dna

19, 23 J.J. Osburn III/Converse, TX Ford Muistang/2338-svo dna

20 24 Josh Freeman/San Antonio, TX Ford Probe/2338 dna

Margin 1.50 sec. #15's 17.040 doesn't break the TPS record at THR.

dna - did not arrive … dnt - did not time … dns - did not start … r -r - eligible for 2009 TPS "Rookie Of The Year" Award

TPS thanks race sponsors:

Hoosier Racing Tires Southwest and S&S Hoosier at Thunder Hill Raceway

Richard & Bea Villanueva of San Antonio

Nelson Skinner, Attorney at Law of San Antonio

and special TPS sponsor for race #1 - the Merrell’s in Memory TPS fan, Jan Bailey (Dec 26, 1947-Feb 21, 2009)

TPS thanks Thunderhill Raceway for hosting this 1st 2009 TPS race.

TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2009 REMAINING SCHEDULE (Subject to Change, Additions, Deletions)

Race Rain Track Remarks

Apr 25 tba Thunder Hill Raceway 2 - 8 Lap Qual Heats & 20 Lap Feature Race

May 9 tba Thunder Hill Raceway 2 - 8 Lap Qual Heats & 20 Lap Feature Race

May 23 5/25 Red River Speedway Time Trials, (LC Race tba) 40 Lap Feature Race

May 24 5/25 Red River Speedway Time Trials, LC Race (tba) 40 Lap Feature Race

Jun 13 Open date - THR rain date tba

Jul 4 or 11 Open dates tba

Jul 25 tba Thunder Hill Raceway 2 - 8 Lap Qual Heats & 20 Lap Feature Race

Aug 8 tba Thunder Hill Raceway 2 - 8 Lap Qual Heats & 20 Lap Feature Race

Sep 5 9/7 Red River Speedway Time Trials, (LC Race tba) 40 Lap Feature Race

Sep 6 9/7 Red River Speedway Time Trials, LC Race (tba) 40 Lap Feature Race

Oct 10 tba Thunder Hill Raceway Time Trials, 34 Lap Feature Race @ THR "Spectacular"

Nov 15 n/a 2008 TPS Awards Dinner (Sunday) Earl Abel's Restaurant, 1201 Austin Highway, San Antonio, 4:00pm

Official TPS Results Certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Race & Administrative Director

210/655-3222 office

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

For additional TPS information - please visit: www.texasprosedans.com/

TPS Points (thru: April 11, 2009)

Point Point

Position Car # r- Driver Hometown Total

1 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX *** 21

2 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX *** 16

3 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX *** 13

4 27 Bill Labarge/Bryan, TX *** 11

5 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX *** 10

6 01 r- Tory Christopher/Universal City, TX*** 9

7 04 r- Nathan Robbins/Bastrop, TX *** 6

8 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX *** 5

9 2 r- Johnny Guerra/Corpus Christi, TX *** 4

10 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX *** 4

11 9 r- Bobby Burrows/Yorktown, TX *** 3

12 40 r- Robert Robbins/Bastrop, TX *** 2

13 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX *** 2

14 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX *** 2

15 88 r- Doug Osburn/San Antonio, TX *** 1

16 3 Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX *** 0

17 18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX *** 0

18 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX *** 0

19 23 J.J. Osburn III/Converse, TX *** 0

20 24 Josh Freeman/San Antonio, TX *** 0

TPS Drivers without 2009 points:

4 r- David Wright/Wichita Falls, TX

7 Jesse Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX

10 Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX

14 r- Scott Fortin/Burkburnett, TX

16 r- Mike Cooper/Knoxville, TN

28 Lisa Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX

29 Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX

38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX

42 Adam McCosh/Cibolo,TX

55 John Miesen/Marion, TX

56 Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX

66 Ariel Arredondo/Corpus Christi, TX

72 Candi Hogan/Cedar Park, TX

74 John Wasek/Austin, TX

77 Pete Wright/Ft. Worth, TX

86 r- Michael Deschenes/Lee's Summit, MO

r- eligible for 2009 TPS "Rookie of the Year" Award

April 14, 2009

A points computation error was discovered by the TPS Administrative Director regarding car #01 and #04.

The # 01 total has been corrected to 9 points instead of the original posting of 6 points.

The # 04 total has been corrected to 6 points instead of the original posting of 5 points.

Official TPS Points Certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

I have a lot of people to thank for helping me get my car to the track but most of all to Dennis Taylor for all the help this week. I swore a long time ago I would not build a car from the ground up, now I remember why. Had a great time. Also, I think we witnessed history tonite. Correct me if I'm wrong, but our own Kevin Hallman (97 car) finished the race. Nothing broke. Is this a first or what? Way to go Kevin. And watch out for that new Toyota (01) I think he's sandbagging. See you all at the next race.

i agree with that yota thing ..he has a large sand bag in the car .i saw it being delivered ,,,. tory you dont have to be shy ..hit the gas ..heck of a race ...one mistake by one of 4 drivers most of that race and the outcome could have been bad ..so ata boy to the drivers ... i sergio had to be looking in that mirror 98 percent of the time ..cuz it was full .. i hope all tps races run that clean .that close all year ....and mike .not beingh mean .but you looked like you have been dead for six months today .no color in you face .just dead tired look ..car looked good though .we will have to keep an eye ouit for you ..

Funny, I don't remember getting an invite to have some of Lalo's famous BBQ. Jeez... I wonder if we'll have to cut out Lalo's video interview due to all the rumbling stomach noises the mic must have picked up as we taped... LOL

Nick

I just wanted to thank all Texas Pro Sedans drivers who competed in the April 11th race at Thunderhill Raceway for their close racing and excellent sportsmanship. There wasn't a scratch on any car in spite of the fact that April 11th was a full moon night. Maybe we caught a break with the cloud cover in which a full moon couldn't be seen.

I also wanted to thank all Texas Pro Sedans car owners and crews for their work in preparing some well crafted and good looking TPS cars for the start of the 34th consecutive Texas Pro Sedans racing season.

For any TPS driver who hasn't filed entry for our next race at THR on April 25, the Race Bulletin and Entry Form is posted on www.TexasProSedans.com

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

Funny, I don't remember getting an invite to have some of Lalo's famous BBQ. Jeez... I wonder if we'll have to cut out Lalo's video interview due to all the rumbling stomach noises the mic must have picked up as we taped... LOL

Nick

nick you didnt notice how lalo was changing angles why you and he talked ....... i cant say for sure .but he was either trying to get the cam angle at the right spot to show everyone he had the top dog of all pit crews .which includes me ofcourse ..are he was trying to block off the sight of the bbq .....

Its kind of funny how close those bill boards on the back straight look when spinning off back there, I thought I was going to have to do some painting for Mary Ann.

heck where did you run off too.. mike knox came back there looking for you ...... .. said you finaly finished a race ..man i could not believe that.... heck you spun and still finished the race .. . that was the time for a big party ........ now that you finished the race .is that a warning for things to come .... we have to watch that cc champion from last year .he has the power .just needs some track time at kyle .and we will have both of you to watch out for .... sure going to make it interesting ...i may have the car out next race ..that will add some scary thoughts to everone.s night ...... congratz to you ...... boy that was a good race to watch ...with sergio makeing his car wide .without moveing around much to block i may add .just a good line .he made everyone else work hard ..did not know who was going to be where on any given lap ........ clean race ..injoyable race ..

I need the right gear, and more power that little 6500 rpm cam was stretching pretty tight with the low gears around the bottom, also need to correct the caster. Looking at the tires I have a lot of camber gain.

so you are saying we wont have to watch out for you ..... you have little faith ...

April 14, 2009

A points computation error was discovered by the TPS Administrative Director regarding car #01 and #04.

The # 01 total has been corrected to 9 points instead of the original posting of 6 points.

The # 04 total has been corrected to 6 points instead of the original posting of 5 points.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

Its kind of funny how close those bill boards on the back straight look when spinning off back there, I thought I was going to have to do some painting for Mary Ann.

You noticed that too, lol? It was the "dirt wall" that really caught my eye the one time I went exploring back there.

Thanks Sergio for the plug wire that kept me out of the 3-cylinder division. Thanks Lalo for the BBQ. I'll be back for that if nothing else.

Thanks to all for a really great first experience with TPS.

Wish I could say I was sandbagging - it I had been, I'd have stuck a little closer to the guy in front of me! ;)

See ya'll in a couple weeks.

T

Thanks Sergio for the plug wire that kept me out of the 3-cylinder division. Thanks Lalo for the BBQ. I'll be back for that if nothing else.

Thanks to all for a really great first experience with TPS.

Wish I could say I was sandbagging - it I had been, I'd have stuck a little closer to the guy in front of me! ;)

See ya'll in a couple weeks.

T

.......... you ever heard of pool sharks ...they have those typs of drivers in racen ..lol ........and pip .why didnt you make it ..not one bug showed up ..why ..

.......... you ever heard of pool sharks ...they have those typs of drivers in racen ..lol ........and pip .why didnt you make it ..not one bug showed up ..why ..

I had had a strained neck earlier in the week, and while it wasn't necessarily that that kept me away, the meds I was on did. I didn't think Neil or the THR staff would have thought too highly of me racing under the influence of vicoden. B)

ozzy joshua is pitching at east central at 7 tonight .heres your chance .i know he would be excited to see you there ..call me on my cell //361.290.2096 . im leaving right now .

Cheez, sorry I couldn't make it out. Had to work till 11pm. You were pitching against the homeboys. Hope all went well.

Archived