Friday Night Racing

Jamie

its not motor get off that has nothing to do with that <_< it has to do getting the biggest bang for ur money [edited out by Nick Holt, 4/16/09] ... and edna hickuped because of the threat of rain and easter and poorboy work on the back of that car instead of the front a wiseman told me :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tg to answer your question,

in 2008 a conservative count of IMCA modified drivers ALONE in texas there were 422. that a low count, definatley more than that and then add in all those non IMCA cars. and then add them OUTLAW boys and girls too. ;)

your welcome.

They are out there, some just have more sense than us?<-------EDITED BY GREG . :blink: speaking from our personal experience of course ;)

Candace

Putting one class down each week is the fix for late nights .. I have seen this work at several different tracks over the years . but that also means less money for the track , and the track can't stay in bussiness if they don't make money and alot of drivers would want to race every week because of all the money they have spent on the car to race_ not to stay home .. but alot of the guys would still come to watch the race or go in the pits to help out one of thier buddies that are racing that night. I did like it as a driver because it let me split the pea better with my wife honey dos . (she dosen't like racing) And it gave me more time (once a month) to work on the car.. Getting the line up in order after a caution could take less time by stoping the cars on the front straight , and pulling them out one at time in the correct order .. It is usually only one or two that are in the wrong place . Another thing i saw was after the race the top three cars all came around and stoped at the flag stand , and a b/s session insued between the drivers.. the only car that needs to be there is the winner . Get the pics taken and get him out of the way for the next class to come out .. ROll OVERS that would have been a good time to get the running order lined up , in stead of having them make laps around the track at caution speed and then getting them in order for a couple of more caution laps ..

I HOPE this is not taken as a bitch session and is seen as constructive. I have been going to races since I was 11 years old and I am 61 now and have been driving on and off since 1969 . I don't normally post anything on here , because I have been known to pee in sombody's corn flakes , but ya can't make things better if ya don't talk about it .. so in the words of forest gump " thats all I have to say about that"

The top four MUST stop in the SPORT MODS by IMCA rules...This is the only class that must stop...Does not mean they have to get out..Hope this helps answer that thought.... Frank t

Yup That answers that . Just shows that sometimes ya don't know the big picture.. But I don't understand why???

Archived