Announcement for the Modifieds

SassyCassie14

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES U EDDIE HERE IM NAMING NAMES AND ITS U WE NEED TO GET THERE ALSO MAN SURE MISS UR WIFE COMING OVER FOR THE BLUE STUFF AFTER U SPANKED MY BUTT THOSE WERE THE DAYS WHY DONT U COME COME ON LETS SEE A PAY OUT THAT IS GOOD FROM ANOTHER TRACK I WANT TO SEE SOME NUMBERS MAYBE IM WRONG OR MISLEAD BUT LETS SEE EM I THINK THE PAY IS LOW ALSO AND FOR THOSE PULLING ON A FRIDAY NEEDS MORE TO GET EM THERE THANKS FOR THE NAME NOW I CAN ADD IT DRY SLICK EDDIE ROSS ;)

"Greg there has only been one race. How do you know the car count isn't going to be better?"

LETS SEE :unsure: I HOPE IT DOES ITS JUST I POSTED THIS LAST WEEK ABOUT WHERE R THE CARS AND I DIDNT HERE IM COMING :blink: OH WAIT ILL BE THERE :blink: NOTHING SO MAYBE ON THE 10 TH BUT WHEN THE PAY DROPS TO NORMAL THEN WHAT TIME WILL TELL SEE U THERE RIGHT ;)

HEY POORBOY, You go to lots of races it seems.. Do you think ANY south Texas racetracks will ever see 18 to 24 cars on a regular night of racing??.Cars from up north like NATIONAL IMCA MOD CHAMPIONS and NATIONAL IMCA ROOKIES in mods... I am talking WHIT,EGBERTS,ANDERSON,WHITEHEAD,GREEN,and many more taking on South Texas best like Flanagans,Browns,Whitakers,Grobe,Hardcastle,and a bunch more, then we could spill over to Futher south regulars like Adan,Blaylocks,and sevarel more....It was always like a north VS south every weekend..But are those days gone??Saw lots of TALENT every race night..Will the fans ever see this type of racing for the cost of a regular pit pass??I am not saying that there is not some GREAT racing taking place now,. Just seems the mod class is at a stalemate to show off the local talent it once did..Unless you want to really spend some big bucks and travel far....Now the SPORT MODS are really a big deal.. And we have some really bad ass drivers in that class... Will they ever get to shine as many have the talent to run with the VERY BEST!!! Frank Torres

Frank I don't go to as many races as I used to but obviously with the car counts there are others that don't either. In my honest opinion I don't think you will see the 19-24 acrs on a weekly basis. Special shows with more money I think will be different. I think I-37 has a chance now to see some increase in cars since the rules are the same as 4 other track in the area. I personnally wish all were IMCA but there not. I think there are cars from South Texas that can go anywhere and be competitive against any drivers under any set of rules. I'm not one of those, I'm just having fun.

Frank I don't go to as many races as I used to but obviously with the car counts there are others that don't either. In my honest opinion I don't think you will see the 19-24 acrs on a weekly basis. Special shows with more money I think will be different. I think I-37 has a chance now to see some increase in cars since the rules are the same as 4 other track in the area. I personnally wish all were IMCA but there not. I think there are cars from South Texas that can go anywhere and be competitive against any drivers under any set of rules. I'm not one of those, I'm just having fun.

FUN U CALL THIS FUN LOL SEE YA ON THE 10 TH AND THOSE FAST GUYS ALSO :P SHOULD BE A GREAT RACE WOULD LIKE TO SEE LAWRENCE GO FROM THE BACK TO THE FRONT AGAIN HE WAS REALLY GOING AT IT AT EDNA HE JUST HAD SHIATY LUCK TRYING TO AVOID THE SHTUFF

RBSF, I am saying we had some GREAT mod racing for several years..It was unknown who would get a win on race night because of ALL the tough comp...The paying fan got to see MANY top of the line racers and UPCOMING 1st class racers..Now it seems there are only a HANDFULL of different winners..So you have to wonder what changed...The fans want to see GREAT racing and different winners... When its always the same, whats the excitement, then other things that grab your appeal will get your business...Frank T

Yep, good point! So what HAS changed? I saw some of what you're talking about here, and if I wasn't good friends with the folks that win regularly, I probably wouldn't appreciate them as much. One thing I have seen about these particular folks is they really don't care if they win or not as long as the racing is good, door to door, clean and hard fought. It does seem the trend is going toward winning at any cost, not just the battle! I know it's not about the purse, 'cause even if they win regularly it barely pays the bills....

Mark, Wayne gave you a fairly accurate answer....

At IMCA tracks, $25 pit passes are the norm.....no "driver entry" fees.

Mod payout is usually $400-$500 to win...but people normally don't have lots of $$,$$$ in motors either. The majority of those tracks are also able to make money off the front gate, not depend on the back gate to make the purse.

Texana has set the bar high as far as "Outlaw" Modified payout goes. But that's only ONE reason he gets a good car count there. Not even the Houston tracks pay that much on a regular show.

Frank also brought up the Sportmod/Limited Modifieds......there are guys that have gone to this class for budget reasons.

Texas Thunder gets around 20-24 cars.

Abilene had 31 modifieds this past Sat., but Lubbock/Amarillo weren't running either.

HOT has had a drop in car count this year so far. They used to get some D/FW cars come down, but RPM opening has kept some up in that area now.

There are lots of people that just flat can't afford to race as much as they used to.

Most of your IMCA legal cars can't compete with aluminum heads, quick changes, etc. unless the track is bone dry slick.(Despite what hray says--- :P;) )

Chasing IMCA points isn't the same anymore......points/wins are more relavent based on car count(just ask PJ and Phil!!!) So gone are the days of Henry(who is racing horses now) or the Egberts coming down to race against smaller fields(AKA, cherry picking).

Personally(JMHO) throwing money at the top isn't the way to go either....You've got to help the rest of the guys to keep them coming back. There's only going to be ONE winner, and numerous others filling the field.

Then there's the other things we talked about at THR last month.

Now just my thoughts........but if ALL the south Texas tracks(I-37, Texana, Shady Oaks, STS, Rio Grande) would come up with a set of rules that are more in tune with IMCA(even without the sanction) I think you'd see more cars over time. True, the transition wouldn't happen overnight. But as guys blew the high dollar motors, broke quick changes AND they had a more affordable option there would be no need to rebuy the the high dollar stuff to be able to race. Problem is NO track(s) can afford to take that chance at still keep the gates open right now. Plus, should the north texas tracks rain out, they would be more willing to tow down and still be competitive.

It's a cycle....just like the Super-Modifieds priced themselves out back up north where I raced......or the weekly 410 Sprints and the weekly Late Models since I've moved here......Guess that means it's ALL my fault!!!! <_<:lol::huh:

I just want to make sure everyone knows that:

I-37 Raceway is putting in some extra $$$ to go towards the Modified class for our next race which be will be on the April 10th. (this friday).

The payout will be a follows:

Guaranteed to win will be a $1,000 to win, 2nd 300, 3rd 200, 4th on down will the same as our payout

if there are 20 cars - $1,000 to win, 2nd 500, 3rd 325

if there are 24 cars - $1,000 to win, 2nd 500, 3rd 350

Also, any car that is registrated at any other track, can come here and race and we will waiver your registration.

See everyone this friday!!!

I just want to make sure everyone knows that:

I-37 Raceway is putting in some extra $$$ to go towards the Modified class for our next race which be will be on the April 10th. (this friday).

The payout will be a follows:

Guaranteed to win will be a $1,000 to win, 2nd 300, 3rd 200, 4th on down will the same as our payout

if there are 20 cars - $1,000 to win, 2nd 500, 3rd 325

if there are 24 cars - $1,000 to win, 2nd 500, 3rd 350

Also, any car that is registrated at any other track, can come here and race and we will waiver your registration.

See everyone this friday!!!

no registration for all classes or only mods?

Here is another announcement, but this time its for the IMCA Sport Modifieds.

From here on out, the winner of the sport mods will get at least $300. This will be guarenteed no matter how many cars race that night.

Also, the track is still in the process of getting their beer license. So for the next 2 races, it will still be BYOB.

See everyone in 2 days!!!

Archived