Announcement for the Modifieds

SassyCassie14

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE MODIFIEDS

I-37 Raceway is proud to announcement that they are putting in some extra $$$ to go towards the Modified class for our next race which be will be on the 10th.

The payout will be a follows:

Guaranteed to win will be a $1,000 to win, 2nd 300, 3rd 200, 4th on down will the same as our payout

if there are 20 cars - $1,000 to win, 2nd 500, 3rd 325

if there are 24 cars - $1,000 to win, 2nd 500, 3rd 350

Also, any car that is registrated at any other track, can come here and race and we will waiver your registration.

We hope and wish other tracks would join in on this!

*** And just to make sure everyone knows, we are having a test-n-tune on the 4th. Starts at noon. For everyone is the pits it will be $5.00. On the general admission side it will be free.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE MODIFIEDS

I-37 Raceway is proud to announcement that they are putting in some extra $$$ to go towards the Modified class for our next race which be will be on the 10th.

The payout will be a follows:

Guaranteed to win will be a $1,000 to win, 2nd 300, 3rd 200, 4th on down will the same as our payout

if there are 20 cars - $1,000 to win, 2nd 500, 3rd 325

if there are 24 cars - $1,000 to win, 2nd 500, 3rd 350

Also, any car that is registrated at any other track, can come here and race and we will waiver your registration.

We hope and wish other tracks would join in on this!

*** And just to make sure everyone knows, we are having a test-n-tune on the 4th. Starts at noon. For everyone is the pits it will be $5.00. On the general admission side it will be free.

Now thats cool! Wish I still had a car <_<:unsure::(

Obviously, every track promoter has a decision to make about how to divide up the payout. I-37 Raceway has decided to divide the payout the way they announced. But I'm almost certain that Jim would accept sponsorship money from folks wanting to spread more money down the payout sheet.

Nick

Maybe some sponsors could drum up some $$$ for the Sport Mods as well. There are several drivers that own both Mods and Sport Mods. Could make for a big event!

What do you Sport Mod guys want !!!!!

THEY PAY $ 175.00 NOW--(paid 300.00 last year)

Naw man, I was just thinkin that a big show would be a great opportunity to bring even more cars (local & out of town) and fans to the track. Just want the track to do well ya know. If ya gonna have the big mods, why not have a darn good sport mod show as well! How bout a purse between $300-$500. Just thinkin out loud... Ya'll have a cold one!

Unlimited limited mods? What rules do the limited/ssm's run at I-37? Most are probably IMCA, and running for points not just a purse that wknd, especially if the purse is comparable to an IMCA track...

Unlimited limited mods? What rules do the limited/ssm's run at I-37? Most are probably IMCA, and running for points not just a purse that wknd, especially if the purse is comparable to an IMCA track...

I THINK THEY PAID LOW CAUSE CAR COUNT AND THEY R IMCA SPORT MODS :ph34r: I ALSO HEARD THEY POSSIBLY WAS ADJUSTING THE PAY ;) SURE WISH THEY WAS IMCA I THINK THEY WOULD HAVE MORE CAR COUNT BUT THATS MY OPINION :huh: AND I SEE ALL THOSE FINE FOLKS THAT SAID GO OUTLAW AND WE WILL BE THERE THEY SHOWED UP NOT :angry:

I THINK THEY PAID LOW CAUSE CAR COUNT AND THEY R IMCA SPORT MODS :ph34r: I ALSO HEARD THEY POSSIBLY WAS ADJUSTING THE PAY ;) SURE WISH THEY WAS IMCA I THINK THEY WOULD HAVE MORE CAR COUNT BUT THATS MY OPINION :huh: AND I SEE ALL THOSE FINE FOLKS THAT SAID GO OUTLAW AND WE WILL BE THERE THEY SHOWED UP NOT :angry:

Greg,

Thanks for saying what I have wanted to say..... I talk with Jim just about everyday. I have some things in the works, but nothing on paper. I expressed a concern to Jim on two issues. 1) Was as Greg said, people told the track go outlaw and they will come! Question: Where are they? 2) Driver attitude... These folks at I-37 have busted their humps to give drivers a place to race. They have added classes and changed classes to try to get more cars to come. Yet people still are not happy... My hopes are that by the end of 2009, I-37 has attracted new drivers and it continues to grow. I hope for more drivers like Greg and Candace who love racing and support the tracks they go to. Yes, tracks have issues from time to time. Just as drivers/teams do.

I plan on sponsoring I-37. My products need exposure to the drivers as well as the fans.

Mark

i am not a track owner or promoter and nor do i care to be nor do i own a modified. but if you paid a purse for modifieds and said it 's 500 to win gauranteed and pays decent down thru 10th or 12th and then payed min start money (what it cost to get in the gate) i think you would see more cars at the track. you put 1000.00 to win hoping to get more cars (and you will get a few more i'm sure) but the avg joe looking to race and be competetive looks at the paydown to decide wether it's feasible to travel and what they leave with hopefully...$500 but not always the case. so i believe paydowns should be greater without all the money on top! now sport mods most cars running at STS are still IMCA legal with the exception of headers and maybe some body mods, but i think the consensus is that why go race when you don't know if they are gonna change the purse after they count the cars. pay the advertise payout and show people thats what you intend to do and then there may be more cars. just my own opinion so don't start crying about find sponsors and buy a track and all that b.s. also there were grumblings about paying an IMCA reg, then $50 car reg.and pit pass was increased all = $$ from the racer.and i know that reg was waived for this next race so hopefully there will be more cars. Remeber tracks can't survive withouit racers and racers can't get their fix without tracks.

on EDIT there are things about IMCA that are good and theres alot of stuff i don't like but thats my choice, lets face it guys how many IMCA tracks are there around other than Waco(which runs fridays also) killeen is sat but i never see any i-37 names in the results.. except johnny when he was racking up national points when STS wasn't running the same night. this part of the country appears to be OUTLAWED, hell everyone crys about motors but half of you got big motors anyway :o i do remeber rye going to kileen last year in the mod. come on al your to quite

Ok, here is a question and maybe Reb knows the answer. What does it cost per track to get into the gate for the guys running modifieds? Driver($$$)? Crew($$$)?

Then what are the guaranteed weekly payouts? Not special payouts, but weekly.... Let's do the tracks in South Texas...

Mark

Here are some questions that are key you left out...How much does a mod cost compared to a door car??.How much alcohol will that puppy burn on a race night compared to a gas carb?,How much was that non claimable motor to have built??.Its not the cost getting in that changes,its the investment cost..And the upkeep is much higher...Its easy to see on other web sites what the outlaw tracks are paying...But i think the real set back right now is the rules were very late,and has there been any contact with mod supporters from last year from the leaders??... Frank T

Frank,

promotors don't call drivers anymore.

The biggest thing left out is what it costs to drive to I-37. The place is in the middle of nowhere and runs on Friday. A lot of people have to work Friday's (luckily I normally don't) and then theres getting home late and having to get the car ready for the next night. I ran that track last season until the suprise cut at the pay window. I've ran that track every season since I got a car but this year I think I'll just sit back and see what happens.

What does it cost per track to get into the gate for the guys running modifieds? Driver($$$)? Crew($$$)?

At Waco and Killeen it's $25 per person. Does not matter if it's driver or crew. Each of those tracks offer a one night "by" on registration. After that you have to register your car for the season. They also pay what they say and don't base it on car count.

As far as IMCA tracks, that depends on the class. Go to the IMCA web page and look under tracks. Most of the sanctioned modified tracks are central and up. The south seems to prefer the outlaw rules.

I hope I-37 does well but I won't go there because of "outlaw" rules and Friday scheduling.

This has nothing to do with racing, but more to do with life.

I had a boss tell me some 17 years ago that "the proof would be in the pudding!" Well this year is 20 years with the company I work for and the "iceholes" that caused me problems 17years ago are long gone... Point being, some people are in our lives to show us exactly how strong we are and others are there to make Us laugh...

I-37 is doing a great job and I'm trusting they will be there in years to come.....

Keep up the good work guys!

Mark

I THINK THEY MADE A MISTAKE NOT BEING IMCA AND ITS SHOWN ALL THOSE ILL BE THERE ILL BE THERE CRY CRY IMCA SUCKS THATS WHY I DONT RACE WELL I WANT THEM TO SHOW UP ITS NOT COOL TO TALK SHIAT ABOUT IMCA AND NO CARS THEN NOTHING IM TELLING U I CAN PULL UP THE PAST PEOPLE WHO POSTED ABOUT IT AND THEY R NOT THERE :angry: AND THEY KNOW WHO THEY R THE TRACK IS WORKING REAL HARD TO RECOVER FROM THIS AND BY THE LOOKS OF IT ITS GOING TO TAKE A LOT :blink: IM HOPING THAT SOMEWAY THEY CAN MAKE A PLACE WHERE SOME PEOPLE THEY LOST WILL BE BACK AND YES I SAID I WILL RACE SOMEWHERE ELSE CAUSE I DIDNT THINK THE OUTLAW THING WOULD WORK FOR I-37 AND IT PISSED ME OFF HOW THEY DID IT BUT WE HAVE TALKED OUT OUR DIFFS AND IM TRYING ALONG WITH A LOT OF OTHERS TO MAKE IT WORK AND I KNOW NEW EXCUSE PAY WELL I THINK THEY R WORKING ON THAT PROBLEM AS A FEW OTHERS<_< AND I KNOW FOR SOME IT IS A BIG PROBLEM AND SOON IT WILL BE SOLVED I LIKE THE PEOPLE THE FANS THE RACERS I LIKE THE FACT THAT U DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT UR FAMILY WHILE UR RACING I KNOW THEY WILL HAVE PROBLEMS BUT AT LEAST THEY TRY WE WOULD LIKE TO RACE FRIDAYS I-37 THEN GO TO GOLIAD THEN EDNA ON OTHER WEEKENDS COULD BE FUN BUT THEY NEED CARS I HAVE MY 07 ABOUT TOGETHER AND I KNOW OF A FEW OTHERS BUT COME ON WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL U NEED IS A SPOILER NOW ITS SOMETHING ELSE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE DARIN AND HIS FAMILY THERE BILL PITTAWAY AND CREW GROBES CARS HOW BOUT CURT THE TRACTOR MAN AND RICK THE 3 WHEEL GREEN AND HOW BOUT CHIP LETS COUNT BOB THE ROOFER HOW BOUT THE BUCKER I COULD GO ON AND ON WHATS IT GOING TO TAKE R WE TALKING 50.00 WHAT P-M ME IM THINKING OF A BOOSTER OR SOMETHING (IM SORRY I DONT DO GRAMMAR) SORRY IF I PISSED SOME OFF BUT I GOT KICKED AROUND WHEN I SAID BULL SHIAT TO NO IMCA AND KNOW IT LOOKS AS IF IM RIGHT :P YES I STILL PLAN ON GOING UP NORTH TO RACE NOW AND THEN BUT I CANT BELIEVE THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WHO MORE OR LESS SAID GREG U R WRONG GET OVER IT THAT ARE NOT THERE :o;)

Archived