any update on transponders

runninfords

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed the meeting so I dont know anything.Opening nite is 4 weeks away so I hope we get details soon.I cant afford a 400$ transponder.Are you going to run the dirt tonight?I wonder what they pay.I wonder what CC pays.I wonder if Obama will sponser me.I need to be stimulated.

:( sorry guys i just cant afford to run a transponder my brother in law would not eather wish you all the best of luck.i guess mine will just sit if i dont sell them.

rent one

thats what i was thinking .but what happens when tthere are more cars than trans ..who goes home....... the tracks are trying to save money on score keepers .but it sure cost alot for those .. trans . heck some can barely buy tires .and cost of those will buy two to three tires ... on top of buying radios or scanners .... plus the lower startesr classes will hurt seeing they wont make much purse wise .. makes me wonder the saterday night racer who can barely afford gas and pit pass .whats he going to do ..stay home i guess .. this mans post most probably speaks for alot of drivers .. tracks are trying to get cars .and when this exspence is thrown in ..it will keep cars away .i predict with this added exspence with the hard times we have now .there wont be as many racers out on saterday night.s hope im wrong ..as usual ..

I don't beleive they are trying to save money on score keepers. Somebody will still be operating this I would think. I think they are getting some accuracy in scoring. CC asphalt racing has always been 10 years behind everyone else, now they do something that most others are doing and people whine. JMO.

sorry there guy im not whinning. just saying can aford to do this i have 3 cars and my in law has one. were looking at what 1200 or more. and i also know of 3 or 4 more that figure thay coast more than the car so its not worth it and there are 2 or 3 outher places that we can run and not spend the money on them we can invest it in outher things that are needed.

I don't beleive they are trying to save money on score keepers. Somebody will still be operating this I would think. I think they are getting some accuracy in scoring. CC asphalt racing has always been 10 years behind everyone else, now they do something that most others are doing and people whine. JMO.

i would not call me whineing ..i pointed some things out ..if you can afford one .go for it ..some out there cant afford one .so they dont race ..i suppose you over looked scrappy's post to get to mine ..he made my point .......

The bottom line is the purse.If it increases enough to cover the rental fee then nothing changes.If however we run for 20 years ago purse AND costs go up even more then in reality the racer is paying to perform.

At my home track it now costs 73$ for 1 person to race a car.Thats 25 pit pass,25 for the car pit pass,20$ trans[ponder rental AND 3$ for ambulance fee.The purse for my class is 100 to win.Same for the big stock cars.Plus redgestration fees and parking fees.

When racing becomes pay to play its future in in doubt.Its hard to rationalize racing to begin with.If a racer can go home a little better off at the end of the nite with a good performance then theres something to be excited about.I still believe theres more poor racers than ritch ones.

Poorboy,when did the track you race at start using transponders?Im trying to borrow one from a local for the nites that RGS does not run.Maybe you could loan yours also.

where did he say the track he races at uses them? you need to re-read it, "CC asphalt racing has always been 10 years behind everyone else, now they do something that most others are doing and people whine. JMO" i think the most others was refering to HMP and THR.

I was planning on running at CC this year when STS was not running but the transponder just changed my mind I will not buy a $300 transponder just to run every other week or so. And I am not going to load my car and drive 45 minutes to get to the track and hope they have one to rent.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 3/4/09] I would love to see the transponders at a track but for a driver to put out $300 to buy one when the track may run a full season they are asking a lot.

I am not trying to bash the track just stating my opinon.

Yes, transponders do cost money. Technology costs money.

In the "good old days' I paid about $14 a month for my phone service and maybe $10 extra for long distance calls depending on how often I used it.

I now pay over $400 a month for seven phone numbers - four cell phone numbers, the land line number the fax number and the air card number. Is the extra money each month I pay worth it? It is to me. But to others it might not be worth the expense. Different strokes for different folks.

CC Speedway is making the move to electronic scoring this year. Sooner or later having a transponder will be mandatory just about everywhere.

Bottom line: Where people choose to race and why they choose to race there is entirely their own personal decision. It's the American way.

Nick

I would like to see Nick answer 7 phones at once.What if you had to buy a 350$ reciever for each phone?would that matter?

I just hate to see the lower classes go by the way of dirt modifieds,they priced themselves out of popularity.

Since the dirt track can run 100 cars on a good nite without transponders does that make them 10 years behind like poorboy said or are they exceptionally talented?

Ultimately the tracks opinion is the only one that matters,just like

Congress.Take it or leave it.You cant change it.

Im just concerned about the prize money.Like always :lol:

BTW the word "whining" is from dirt track vocabularity.It means having an opinion that differs from the majority.Asphalt guys call it beaching

LOL at Thumper...

Well, one of those phones is an I-Phone for my 19-year old, and believe me, that was not cheap. With an IPhone in one ear and an IPod in the other, she's costing me a fortune.

Racing costs a fortune too, but most of us do what we have to do to keep getting that racing fix.

And yeah... we didn't have to get the daughter all that expensive crap. We had the option to buy her the basic, no-frills cell phone like the one I use, or better yet, I could have told her to buy her fancy electronics herself, but she's working two jobs and going to college full time, so I guess I can't really complain too loud.

Nick

LOL at Thumper...

Well, one of those phones is an I-Phone for my 19-year old, and believe me, that was not cheap. With an IPhone in one ear and an IPod in the other, she's costing me a fortune.

Racing costs a fortune too, but most of us do what we have to do to keep getting that racing fix.

And yeah... we didn't have to get the daughter all that expensive crap. We had the option to buy her the basic, no-frills cell phone like the one I use, or better yet, I could have told her to buy her fancy electronics herself, but she's working two jobs and going to college full time, so I guess I can't really complain too loud.

Nick

lucky you I pay for it all

oldtimer the pro sadans have to use the transponder or am i wrong if they do it should be no problem for the group you help :lol::lol:

...... Should be no problem for the group you Help .. with the lol part added on ............ what do you mean by that remark .. becuz that group reads what is said on speed .... besides i take it some of it as meaning i am just a helper ....wrong im also a car owner ..plus a driver aswell ..little as driveing i do ... as for tps and transponders .i say read tps news... you will have your answer ..

Sorry I said whine I guess I should have said get upset. But anyway Thumper I will gladly by a transponder if the track I race at goes to them. Heck the way I seem to change my mind I could be at CC next year. Any thing is possible.

Sorry I said whine I guess I should have said get upset. But anyway Thumper I will gladly by a transponder if the track I race at goes to them. Heck the way I seem to change my mind I could be at CC next year. Any thing is possible.

AGE IS CATCHING UP WITH YOU ..LOL..

Thet way I see it is there are a few that are making excuses not to run. If there was a "majic trick part" that would make your car a 1/2 second faster that cost a $1000.00 I would say 99.9 % of the drivers would be coming up with some ceative ideas on how to get that majic part one way or the other. To say that you cannot afford one is one thing. Can you afford not to run one? I think that is a legitamate question.

May be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. If I have a racecar and rent/buy transponder and my buddy/brother/friend/neighbor/mechanic/sancho has a racecar also, can I lend him mine (same night)? Whether we split the cost or whatever, is this possible? I wanna say that this is done on a slightly different type race (R/C cars). I am now feeling my age as Oldtimer said in previous response, therefore am not 100%.

May be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. If I have a racecar and rent/buy transponder and my buddy/brother/friend/neighbor/mechanic/sancho has a racecar also, can I lend him mine (same night)? Whether we split the cost or whatever, is this possible? I wanna say that this is done on a slightly different type race (R/C cars). I am now feeling my age as Oldtimer said in previous response, therefore am not 100%.

Yes you can as long as the cars are not in the same class. The potable one is very easy to switch from car to car All you have to do is buy a 5 dollar mounting bracket

Archived