Late Models

speedy

How many have Late Models that are wanting to bring them out to start the late model class?I am wanting to see what we have for a definate count to see if we may be able to get this class going.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok.

We have 2 super latemodels

1 offset, 1 perimiter, both 9.5:1 18 degree headed 390 cfm dry sump motors. Rack & pinion steering. 1 abc body, 1 older straight up body, coilovers.

1 car is being recliped and wont be ready for a little while but the other just needs to have the tires aired up and charge the battery.

Cory

HAVE STOCK CLIP TRSR CAR BUT WON'T BE READY TO MID SEASON HAVE TO GET MY SUPER STREET UP AND RUNNING FIRST I NEEDED TO SELL SUPER STREET TO PAY FOR REST OF ENGINE STILL NEED HEADS AND MINI CLUTCH AND MACHINE WORK ON BLOCK THEN REASSEMBLY CAR SO WE WONT BE MUCH HELP AT FIRST

I have 2 port city & 1 Lefthander perimeter cars that want a place to race. I also have 2 Port City Straight rail cars that would go, All 3 Perimeter cars are USRA legal cars, one straight rail is Mobile pcola legal and the other is going to be a crate car. I say look at the PASS Series or CRA rules they have a really good set of rules already established. Another reason i say this is becuase they allow the crate, super late model and tour legal options. If you worked the schedules right (when HMP isnt racing) you will get more than enough cars for each event. What kind of purse structure would be talking about?

Looking forward to getting back to CC Speedway i missed a race there couple of years ago, set fast time and lead every lap except the last one (got spun out) So I have to go get that win back!!!!

52-JC Umscheid

35- Greg Davis

54-Todd Mclemore

42-Justin Long

5-Josh Trees

Please email me with what your thinking.

J.C Umscheid

JCU52@sbcglobal.net

May I suggest something. Why don't all the late model guys that want to run at CCS get together and come up with a set of rules that everyone can live with and and approach Dan with the decided rule package and car count and a realistic purse amount and I am sure something can be set. Dan and his staff have a lot of preparation for this year in a very short amount of time and priorities need to be set (license, permits, inspections, cleaning, repairs, local classes, procedures, sponsorships well you get the idea) so if you want to help move this along this might be the quickest way. If you want to talk to Dan just pick up the phone and call him 361-332-9716 I too would love to see the late models run.

:rolleyes:

May I suggest something. Why don't all the late model guys that want to run at CCS get together and come up with a set of rules that everyone can live with and and approach Dan with the decided rule package and car count and a realistic purse amount and I am sure something can be set. Dan and his staff have a lot of preparation for this year in a very short amount of time and priorities need to be set (license, permits, inspections, cleaning, repairs, local classes, procedures, sponsorships well you get the idea) so if you want to help move this along this might be the quickest way. If you want to talk to Dan just pick up the phone and call him 361-332-9716 I too would love to see the late models run.

Typically, the track and officials should come up with rules and regulations for any series, but under the circumstances, it would be a very wise and beneficial decision for the drivers to come to some happy medium for this series. This in turn will obviously give the owner/leasee time to get the local classes and the facility a little more organized for the upcoming season. Alot has happened during the off season, I'm sure this would be appreciated from all aspects of racing. Ultimately, we would have a nice smooth running facility AND LATE MODEL racing back at this historical racing venue.

Archived