What's the Deal?

Budman

Thanks Storm. Do they run on the same nights? One is to the north, the other to the south. Which one is Cowtown?

Yes, I believe the majority of their race dates coincide. I've heard of some individuals running a feature at both tracks the same night.

Cowtown is to the north.

And there's a drag strip less than 1/2 mile north of both of oval tracks ....

Buddy, Cowtown and KSP are next door neighbors....The back of KSP pits borders on the parking lot for Cowtown.

Both run on Saturday night......both have good counts.....both are well run......both have city impossed curfew.....KSP is IMCA, Cowtown runs Outlaw rules.

If you sit in the top of the bleachers of Cowtown you can watch the races at KSP too. It's difficult to see Cowtown from KSP, only because its uphill.

Either is a good choice for a good, well run show. I'm assuming you're interested in the Midget show coming up at Cowtown this weekend?

As far as running both tracks in one night.......probably only the Street Stock rules would crossover.

Papa,

I can bring a lug wrench and a 1 gal gas can, if you can find a old bumper jack. We'll give the gas can to Dano. That's about all he can handle at one time. Heck, a gas man, a jack man and a tire changer .................. who could ask for more? :lol:

Papa,

We look forward to seeing ya at THR. Somebody's gotta crew for O/T out there this season. I figure you, me and Dano :lol:

you and papa are hurting me with laughter .. stop ........ suppose ill have to name it old goose racen ....sure hope i wont need a tire ..some water or just a pat on the back ..it may take to long .... but you all are welcome to sit in my rocker ......ill have the medic.s standing by just in case ...papa its righty tighty ... please use torque wrench ....dano i will have an air jack for him . budman ...you can be the go .go . go . man when the tire and fuel are completed . only say go when fuel cap is on and jack is down ..could get ugly otherwise ..txtom seasonal weather change would be better timeing wont you think ..

Aw now Tom, that just ain't so. I'm bettin we could have him gassed with new shoes inside of 20 sec ......... ahhhhh, I mean 20 minutes!

O/T ................. I just want to remind you of our team name. They don't call us HALF-FAST MOTORSPORTS for no good reason. :lol:

Aw now Tom, that just ain't so. I'm bettin we could have him gassed with new shoes inside of 20 sec ......... ahhhhh, I mean 20 minutes!

O/T ................. I just want to remind you of our team name. They don't call us HALF-FAST MOTORSPORTS for no good reason. :lol:

....Great name ..should market that one ..Wonder if anyone would buy t.shirts with that logo ... I do need tires you know .and fuel .and gas .. .sassage wrap..gotta eat ... PLUS YAHS PAY ..or DOCTORS PAY I MAY SAY ....

OK OK. I'm in on this too. I suggest the team name Fantastic Auto Racing Team. When people talk about us they can use the Acyronym and simply say its the old FART team.

And OT we will keep you in the competition so its up to you to go easy on the sausage wraps so you won't have to make too many pit stops. :blink:

OK OK. I'm in on this too. I suggest the team name Fantastic Auto Racing Team. When people talk about us they can use the Acyronym and simply say its the old FART team.

And OT we will keep you in the competition so its up to you to go easy on the sausage wraps so you won't have to make too many pit stops. :blink:

I SUPPOSE YOU DIDNT KNOW ..WHEN THAT MOTOR FIRES UP AND ITS TIME TO HIT THE TRACK .ALL PERSONAL'S ARE FORGOTEN .... PIT STOPS WONT EVEN BE IN THE PICTURE .GET MY DRIFT ..IN FACT A SASSAGE WRAP OR TWO WOULDNT HURT DUREING THOSE CAUTION FLAGS ..THAT WILL HELP IN OFFSETTING THE LOSS OF LEFT SIDE WIEGHT DO TO FUEL BURNING OFF DURING THE RACE .. GOTTA PASS TECK ..

Here`s the latest on the the big race at Cowtown this weekend....

J.J. Yeley Confirms Cowtown Midget Championships Entry & Autograph Session 2/9/09, DarinShort.com. Fresh off of a 5th place finish at the 281-car Chili Bowl midget field; USAC, IRL & NASCAR Sprint Series veteran driver J.J. Yeley of Plainfield Indiana has confirmed his entry into this weekend’s City Vending Cowtown Midget Championships. The event will be held on the ultra fast banks of the Cowtown Speedway in Kennedale (D/FW) Texas on February 13-14.

An autograph session will be held from 3-3:30pm under the track grandstand on Saturday. There you can meet J.J., get his autograph, and even purchase team apparel. The races start at at 4pm.

Joining J.J. in the autograph session will be fellow USAC standout, Bryan Clauson of Noblesville Indiana. Bryan recently picked up the $10,000 to win “Twas The Midgets Before Christmas” indoor event championship in Kansas City. He will be piloting the #39h midget sponsored by Bryan Clauson Racing/All Star Performance/DMI/Gaerte Racing Engines, owned by Cory Tucker Racing. Bryan also drives for Earnhardt Ganassi Racing and competes in select NASCAR Nationwide series events.

There will be live remote driver interviews broadcast on the track PA system by ‘Big Chris’ Wright as well. Make sure you arrive early so you don’t miss out on all of the extra off-track action.

32-year-old Yeley picked up his first victory in a non-winged sprint car in 1995 in Chico, CA. From there he became the USAC Rookie of the Year in 1997. In 1998 he finished 9th in the Indy 500 after running a limited schedule with the Indy Racing League. Returning his focus to open wheel racing, Yeley won his first USAC Sprint Car championship in 2001. In 2002, he won the USAC Silver Crown Championship.

In 2003, J.J. reached a record only duplicated by Tony Stewart (in 1995) by winning all three USAC titles (Sprint, Midget and Silver Crown) all in the same season. During that year, he also broke the single-season USAC win record, previously held by A.J. Foyt.

Yeley was chosen to drive a limited NASCAR Busch series schedule in 2004, which led to a full-time driving contract with the Joe Gibbs Interstate Battery NASCAR Sprint Cup series team in 2006 and 2007. And 2008, he continued with the NASCAR Sprint Cup series with the #96 DLP sponsored Hall of Fame Racing team based in the D/FW area.

In 2009, you will find Yeley competing at various NASCAR Camping World Truck and Nationwide series events, with plans to hit as many sprint and midget events as possible. Next weekend you can catch him in action at the USAC sanctioned Copper on Dirt event at Manzanita Speedway in Phoenix, Arizona.

For complete Cowtown Midget Championships event information, please click www.CowtownSpeedway.com there you will find complete details, including a 2-day grandstand ticket sales promotion, which ends Thursday.

Don’t miss your chance to meet these legends of open wheel racing, this weekend, at the Fastest Li’l Dirt Track in Texas – Cowtown Speedway!

Here`s some of the drivers that are pre-registered....

Midgets - 42

#93 Brian Harvey – McKinney, TX

#91 Kevin Bayer – Bixby, OK

#10P Will Pierce- Lees Summit, MO –

#4R Robby Ross – Lees Summit, MO

#1K Ron Kuhn – Lees Summit, MO

#7 Joe Boyles – Lees Summit, MO

#54 Barry Pardo – Gatesville, TX

#85 Matt Johnson – Oklahoma City, OK

#35 Matt Sherrell – Owasso, OK

#6 Rafe Essary- Stilwell, OK

#11S Chris Sheil – Englewood, CO

#36F Frank Flud – Broken Arrow, OK

#36 Jonathan Beason – Broken Arrow, OK

#96 Cody Brewer – Choctaw, OK

#11 Joe Cleveland – Salina, KS

#11J Justin Melton – Flower Mound, TX

#12C Rick England – Wichita, KS

#7M Kevin Ramey – Rendon, TX

#9 Doug McCune – Ft. Worth, TX

#24E Bill Eslick – Burleson, TX

#11R Ryan Cole – Porter, OK

# 1C Chad McDaniel – Concordia, KS

#4F Chad Frewaldt – Kansas City, KS-

#05 Brad Loyet – Sunset Hills, MO

#39 Brandon Moeller – San Antonio, TX

# 89 Todd McVay – Lees Summit, MO

#11P Todd Plemmons – Lakewood, CO

#11T Gary Taylor- Lakewood, CO

#10 George White – Ft. Worth, TX

#99 Brady Bacon – Broken Arrow, OK

#15D Andrew Deal- Caney, KS -

#9JR Kenny Conrad - Marion, AR –

#77 Matt DeWitt – Houston, TX

#2 Bob Harr – Arvada, CO

#11A Andrew Felker –Carl Junction, MO–

#93D Dustin Morgan – Tulsa, OK

#39C Bryan Clauson – Noblesville, IN

#15 Danny Burke – Houston, TX

# 05X Channing Zierolf – Houma, LA –

#10C Jimmy Winkler – Parkville, MO –

#1W Paul White – Waco, TX

#0 Johnny Murdock – Kansas City, KS –

Outlaw 600 - 22

#91 Kevin Bayer – Bixby, OK

#52 Blake Hahn – Tulsa, OK

#29 Brandon Hahn – Tulsa, OK

#66 JJ Simons – Alvin, TX

#24 Jamie Steward – Weatherford, TX

#65 Robby Fox – Kennedale, TX

#7S Steven Mann – Bowie, TX

#21T Taylor Smitherman – Kennedale, TX

#15 Cole Wood – Woodland Park, CO

#6X Chris Meyer – North Little Rock, AR

#74 D.J. Estes – Mansfield, TX

#4 Jerry Tucker – Lindsay, OK

#12S Drew Salisbury – Arlington, TX

#41 Kirby Bedford – Tulsa, OK

#81 Frank Flud – Broken Arrow, OK

#32 Carmey ( Butch ) Ivy - Bryant, AR -

#8 Jon Randall – Waco, TX

#16 Nate Fleming – Great Bend, KS

#13 Tony Beam – Geneva, KS

#79 Ryan Duke – Claremore, OK

#61A Toby Brown – Carthage, MO

#11A Andrew Felker – Carl Junction, MO

Modified - 9

#35 Chase Meade – Dewey, OK

#3 Sam Cox – Flower Mound, TX

#12T Tyler Townsend – Longview, TX

#82 Brandon Houk – The Colony, TX

#14R Mike Richardson – Red Oak, TX

#xXx Rick Hearnsberger – Arkadelphia, AR

#30 Chase Allen – Midlothian, TX

#4M Bobby Malchus – Red Oak, TX

#64 Jay Sale - Oklahoma City, OK

Limited Modified - 15

#96 Larry Clark – Lillan, TX

#1 Sean Jones – Mansfield, TX

#05 Milt David – Carrier, OK

#B4 Kevin Brown – Richardson, TX

#4 Jacob Pirkle – Midlothian, TX

#184 Danny Ferguson – Mansfield, TX

#64 David Ferguson – Mansfield, TX

#85 Keith Martin – Mansfield, TX

#69 Brett Young – Kennedale, TX

#68 Dane Adleman – Mansfield, TX

#B00 Randy Thomas – Elk City, OK

#70 George Gafford – Kennedale, TX

#15 Chris Goodman – Franklin, TX

#V8 Robert Vetter – Wolfe City, TX

#M1 Ken Miller – Greenville, TX

Non Winged 600 - 33

# 71 Colby Estes – Mansfield, TX

#74 D.J. Estes – Mansfield, TX

#87 Aaron Reutzl – Clute, TX

#22 Bobby Huddleston – Mansfield, TX

#72 Eric Fenton – Tulsa, OK

#17 Cole Wood – Woodland Park, CO

#7S Steven Mann – Bowie, TX

#15 Coy Jorden – Teague, TX

#7 Jordan McPherson – Amarillo, TX

#19 Zeb Koobs – Lake Jackson, TX

#66 JJ Simmons – Alvin, TX

#8 Dustin Bottoms – Alvin, TX

#68 Roy Hutchison – Weatherford, TX

#76 Tom Hutchison – Alvarado, TX

#04 Kyle Jones – Kennedale, TX

#51 Matt Ward – Tulsa, OK

#12 Jason Tyer – Irving, TX –

#35 Barry Gifford – Ponca City, OK

#4 Jerry Tucker – Lindsay, OK

#21 Jeremy Wickham – Copan, Ok

#82 Steven Shebster – Pauls Valley, OK

#08 Jon Randall – Waco, TX

#2K Mark Klis Jr. – Midlothian, TX

#55 Josh Toho – El Reno, OK

#29 Danny Drewberry – El Reno, OK

#34 James McNeil – Alvin, TX

#51X Caleb Martin – Alvin, TX –

#68M Michael McNeil – Alvin, TX

#76J Shane Johnson – Weatherford, TX

#33 Byron Baty – Friendswood, TX

#11A Andrew Felker – Carl Junction, MO

#96 Randy Crowder – Muskogee, OK

#129 Ryan Ratliff – Tulsa, OK

Young Guns Shootout - 13

ksp1- Landers, Dillon (Princeton)

3- Yeargan, Don (Pearland)

29- Crawford, Zach (Princeton)

56- Webb, Tyler (Wichita Falls)

75- Clift, Bailee (Shawnee, OK.)

94- Cooper, Don (Denton)

15- Dudley, Brad (Tom Bean)

16- Norris, Alex (Waco)

14k- Kraly, Stanley (Beaumont)

14- Cloud, Colin (Lewisville)

93- Miller, Courtney (Scurry)

98- Miller, Chris (Scurry)

11- Gould Jr., Ron (Olahoma City, OK)

The car count for the midgets was at 47 the last I heard.

Archived