need a little help with program

ou81too

Personally I don't think the passenger taking control of a car out of control is a good idea either. If this is done in a real situation it will complicate things, the driver is more than likely trying to regain control him/herself and if the passenger reaches over to shift the car or hit the e-brake it will further panic the driver. I would tend to believe also at high speeds if you are already in a slide or beginning one if you hit the e-brake or shift it into reverse the car would be more likely to flip when the wheels lock up. I do like the idea of trying to help and prevent such situations but agree with everyone about the safer driving practices are in order rather than trying to shift control when the adrenaline is already going. Last weekend I was driving back to Corpus from San Antonio and around Lake Brauneg (sp?) the bottom fell out of the sky, I slowed down to probably 45 or slower and still had idiots flying by me at 70-80 mph when my wipers couldn't keep up. Sure enough one of those speeding bullets that blew by me was in the right side median upside-down. I hope that no one was injured in that accident but doubt there was anything the driver or passenger could do to save that truck on I37 in a downpour once it was not going straight anymore. I've lost control of my truck before and I was driving slow, had a moving truck blow by me and the air movement caused me to spin on a freeway. Although I was lucky and didn't hit anything I didn't panic and slam on the brakes and the e-brake/reverse was the last thing on my mind because I knew if I did they'd be fishing me out of Corpus Christi Bay that night. Although I've never driven a race car, it was my 25 years (at the time) of going to race tracks that reminded me to steer into the skid and easily lift off the gas until the truck regained traction then hit the brakes. I was a little shaken up and drove home the rest of the way at about 35 mph. That experience still haunts me so anytime it rains hard I take my chances of being rear-ended but I won't drive above 45-55 mph. I'm terrified of driving in the rain. Besides, wouldn't slamming a car traveling at any decent rate of speed into reverse shatter the tranny and cause more problems as I would think it would cause everything to lock up and shake pretty heavily? Never seen it done and of course never have done it myself. As for e-brakes on rentals, I think everyone tests those things out, Dodge Neon's have a very good e-brake inducing spin potentials although it did save us from going into a ravine near Devil's Bowl one day. 8G I do believe how bad people drive around big rigs, people drive poorly everywhere and I've seen exactly what you're talking about and can only imagine what you guys feel like in those big rigs but imagine what it's like to be in a passenger car that has to slam on its brakes to keep from becoming a speed bump to your big rigs because someone cuts you off. It gets your attention. As stupid as it sounded in drivers ed that 2 second rule is helpful.

OK yes I think I got your attension . No one can control 3000 to 50,000lbs better than a driver.HOWEVER you have to be tested before you can be called a driver. And everyone that uses this site has earned his/her stripes THIS program concept was designed with DRIVATAR TECHNOLOGY computers it can duplicate 3000lbs at 60 mph RESULTS can be felt in steering resistance. LLS Thank You for ALL the support RACING IN SAN ANTONIO IS NOT DEAD IT JUST TOOK A VACATION

OK yes I think I got your attension . No one can control 3000 to 50,000lbs better than a driver.HOWEVER you have to be tested before you can be called a driver. And everyone that uses this site has earned his/her stripes THIS program concept was designed with DRIVATAR TECHNOLOGY computers it can duplicate 3000lbs at 60 mph RESULTS can be felt in steering resistance. LLS Thank You for ALL the support RACING IN SAN ANTONIO IS NOT DEAD IT JUST TOOK A VACATION

All AI models require that the variables used possess some basic, if ill-defined limits. There is absolutely no way on God's green earth that the variables associated with a realistic emergency road situation could be even identified, let alone assigned meaningful limits.

When you mention the Drivatar Technology, I can only assume you are referring to the Forza Motorsport AI system that uses the Drivatar AI software. If so, there is no possible way that this particular software is able to replicate any unique, one-time, real-life emergency situations. In order for the AI software to work, repeated iterations of the envirment variables are required. As anyone can easily see, each unique emergency situation is just that - a unique emergency situation that AI software has not had the opportunity to "learn."

This particular software - which is designed to work in very narrow racing game environments with a narrow pre-defined range of imputs and with zero "real life" inputs - is entirely incapable of generating meaningful AI responses outside of those environments.

Add that to the fact that you are recommending that a passenger actually provide real-time input(s) into the emergency situation, and well, you've just magnified the whole algorithm by another infinite, non-defined variable set. The best use the AI software is that for which it was designed - to produce a response to a pre-defined set of inputs like in a flight simulator or racing simulator.

Nick

Archived