Support for a San Antonio short track?

boogity-boogity

it doesnt look like that developement group is planning on saving the speedway. by the looks of the plans it will build the shipping company on the site of the old san antonio speedway, a gas station on the corner of watson and hwy 16, and then a commercial complex where alamo dragway was located. so i am thinking this group might not be boogity, because he spoke of saving the track to race on, not bulldoze to build over.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boogity shared his identity in a post very early on in this thread, but he edited him name out for some reason. I am assuming that he does not want his identity known, so I am respecting that.

However, I know that he is not the developer of the site(s) we are discussing.

Nick

it doesnt look like that developement group is planning on saving the speedway. by the looks of the plans it will build the shipping company on the site of the old san antonio speedway, a gas station on the corner of watson and hwy 16, and then a commercial complex where alamo dragway was located. so i am thinking this group might not be boogity, because he spoke of saving the track to race on, not bulldoze to build over.

I would agree I went by there my self while out on a bike ride. The ground is broken,water mains in place and one street cut in just on the other side of the strip between the 1/4 mile and the old dirt track. All looks like fresh stuff machines on site. Big sign with trucking sytem or countainer out fit..........Racers I four one would love this place just to open. I always wanted to race there but love that dirt to much.............ITS OVER unless so called but-boogi can let us know who he is and some hard facts its sad to say but lots of feeling will be saded again...................Abraham#4 sportsmod

:( Looks like another bit of "Wishful Thinking" for SAS. We may have to accept the fact that the track will meet the same fate as many others, Pan-Am, Longhorn etc. If we do get a 1/2 mile or larger it looks like it will need to be built elsewhere.

Sad Thing. Lenny66

A new track in San Antonio could do well. It wouldn't have to be a 1/2 mile. If you could clone the HMP facility, you would hit a home run IMO. Houstons track is a great racetrack. If co-operation is desired with THR and HMP what better way to share the pool of cars than with a really nice 3/8 mile track?

I believe Mike has the right idea. As much as I would love to see a new track built in San Antonio, take into account that its been a long long time since there was an auto racing facility inside the city of San Antonio. Pam Am was in Live Oak. SAS is outside the city limits and only recently was included into the San Antonio ETJ. ETJ does not mean its in the city, that simply means its extra territorial jurisdiction that they can apply their rules to. So any new track I believe would happen outside the city limits and Mikes suggestion of a 3/8th mile track makes plenty of sense. As much as I enjoy the half miles from a spectator point of view, the 3/8s are as exciting as well.So Boogity, if you are serious look around the area. I think you will find lots of decent places. :)

• 4 weeks later...

ok - i never really got into racing - but if the circumstances were different - i could see how i'd fit in with the race fanatics. (i mean that in a good way!)

i don't know who boo is - but i have my suspicions (DAW, DS?????)

none the less.....San Antonio Speedway is officially up for sale

check out loopnet and see the specs.

I'm an outsider and never experienced the thrill of being involved with racing

even though i should have been involved.

If anyone is interested in re-opening the San Antonio Speedway, let me know.

After visiting this site off-and-on for my own reasons, i've come to appreciate racing.

thanks a lot.....Kate

ok - i never really got into racing - but if the circumstances were different - i could see how i'd fit in with the race fanatics. (i mean that in a good way!)

After visiting this site off-and-on for my own reasons, i've come to appreciate racing.

thanks a lot.....Kate ......

kate there are some racetracks all around texas .dirt or asphault .that would love for you to attend...... there are so many teams who would love for you and your family to join them . even if its just to watch them work .you sometimes read nagative reason.s on speedzone ..i have said a few .but let it be known . when it comes down to it ..racers nomatter what they race .are family ..and that includes our exstended family. the fans ...

For the person who finally tells the truth and comes through for the S.A. racing community....This Bud's for You.

i'm ready to negotiate on behalf of the owners of san antonio speedway, i myself included as an unknown owner and not aware of negotiations until after 2006. KaTe

So....it's a 30 dollar membership required at loopnet?...just trying to promote a website you started?...grab some memberships?...and I truely thought I would have to buy someone a Bud this time... :(

sorry devinitive - I'm on the up and up and up

paid way more than 30.00 to advertise

out of my own pocket

I'm serious

I'm as close as you're going to get to SAS (within reason)

not trying to promote website

or grab some membership

you gotta by me some BUD - even though I don't drink beer

prefer = that wine from Jazuccazi in Calif = sonoma -

anyway 0 i'm the real deal

not trying to promote loopnet

just trying to see where SAS stands

i'm an unseen member

so please............................be kind.

Hi, don

see ya, KaTe

thanks a lot.....Kate ......

kate there are some racetracks all around texas .dirt or asphault .that would love for you to attend...... there are so many teams who would love for you and your family to join them . even if its just to watch them work .you sometimes read nagative reason.s on speedzone ..i have said a few .but let it be known . when it comes down to it ..racers nomatter what they race .are family ..and that includes our exstended family. the fans ...

thanks, all time champ: need the positive feed back. Even though my family responsible for starting SAS the year I married - i never got involved - you know how it is - you drift away - especially if you are a female and on your own with your husbands' family - but I was there when Alamo Dragway got started and my spouse's family involved there - and my own family involved in SAS - but i drifted away because I had other interests. Now some 30+ years later with husband's family attached to Alamo Dragway and my family DIRECTLY attached to SAS and my kids grown and suscessful in their own endeavors (son - Atascosa Wildlife supply and dtr Phd in Biology and scientiest at Berkely in Breast Cancer Research) i'm grouping my way through my families involvement and ownership with SAS. From the depths of my heart, i'm ready to research what's needed in all areas. Sincerely.

KaTe

Here is the adv. on LOOPNET.COM

Hello-

My name is Katherine Friesenhahn.

I am General Manager and one of five family members of Reeh Partners, Ltd. (TEXAS)

My family, Reeh Partners, Ltd. own 280 acres (more-or-less) to include and contiguous with San Antonio Speedway (TEXAS).

Our property is located at Hwy 16 South with the Toyota Plant being directly across the highway.

Our property is between Leon Creek and Lone Star Pass.

The San Antonio Speedway property is located on the corner of Lone Star Pass (the entrance to Toyota) & Hwy 16.

Our property location has continually increasing large amounts of traffic 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Our property is a prime location for people traveling to-and-from work in Atascosa County and the surrounding communities, i.e., Somerset, Von Ormy, Primrose, Poteet, Jourdanton, Pleasanton, etc.

We feel that the San Antonio Speedway site has tremendous potential in attracting customers for a potential business such as gas station/convenice store, HEB, Walmart, etc. Our other property locations (contiguous with San Antonio Speedway) also run along side Hwy 16 and have customer attraction potential.

We are marketing our property (with the help of our attorney) before listing with an agent.

Any feedback (positive or negative) related to our property will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Katherine Reeh Friesenhahn,

General Manager, Reeh Partners, Ltd.

80 Cornet Ln.

Poteet, Tx. 78065

Here is the adv. on LOOPNET.COM --- no fee necessary... I'm for all sides - willing to negotiate. I'm the real deal.

Hello-

My name is Katherine Friesenhahn.

I am General Manager and one of five family members of Reeh Partners, Ltd. (TEXAS)

My family, Reeh Partners, Ltd. own 280 acres (more-or-less) to include and contiguous with San Antonio Speedway (TEXAS).

Our property is located at Hwy 16 South with the Toyota Plant being directly across the highway.

Our property is between Leon Creek and Lone Star Pass.

The San Antonio Speedway property is located on the corner of Lone Star Pass (the entrance to Toyota) & Hwy 16.

Our property location has continually increasing large amounts of traffic 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Our property is a prime location for people traveling to-and-from work in Atascosa County and the surrounding communities, i.e., Somerset, Von Ormy, Primrose, Poteet, Jourdanton, Pleasanton, etc.

We feel that the San Antonio Speedway site has tremendous potential in attracting customers for a potential business such as gas station/convenice store, HEB, Walmart, etc. Our other property locations (contiguous with San Antonio Speedway) also run along side Hwy 16 and have customer attraction potential.

Willing to accept all prospects in re-opening San Antonio Speedway with viable business plan. :D

We are marketing our property (with the help of our attorney) before listing with an agent.

Any feedback (positive or negative) related to our property will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Katherine Reeh Friesenhahn,

General Manager, Reeh Partners, Ltd.

80 Cornet Ln.

Poteet, Tx. 78065

I'll take a case (OR MORE) of Jacuzzi Family Vineyards LAGREIN french camp vineyards PASO ROBLES 2006 wine --- forget the BUD unless ya think you can persuade my hubby (a BUD light man) - but I'm the one with Reeh & Friesenhahn Ties. Love ya Don - all is well. Kate (you got the address to send the LAGREIN -yeah NAPA!!!!!! ))) Please be kind.

Let's all take a deep breath and calm down a notch or two.. LOL

If the property is for sale, and according to Kate it is, then all someone has to do is come up with the money to purchase the property, get the needed permits from the governmental entities, invest whatever it takes to get the place up to code and open the back gate! I for one, don't have enough to pay next month's rent, let alone several million. Maybe someone out there does, though. You never know.

But until someone comes up with the cash, no need for any of us to get in a dither.

Nick

Archived