Support for a San Antonio short track?

boogity-boogity

talk about tires going flat, we had hoosiers from last year snowflake that still had air in them, and some goodyears from speedfest that looked like they had air in them but they were flat, american racers wouldnt hold air for 30 laps much less 30 min. i hope sas can be reopened, but lets be real guys and gals, who has that much money to loose, there wasnt a good car or fan count at the end, what makes you think there will be a good count if someone opened it back up? the same guys and gals will be bitching about the same stuff and there will be the same car count. if your gonna open it back up, do it, if not dont, makes no difference to me, but dont come on here and ask for imput from a bunch of pissed off racers.

big john

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just have this to say just remeber all the big talk we have heared about old track being changed or reopened and the lies we have heared from more than one person . then this talk about this why cant people just go and do it then tell us its here and invite the racers to come and race their dont get peoples hopes up in false lie , im just tired of the false hopes this is my 2 cents.

Isn't April 1st a long time from now?This thread will be awfully long by then when someone says...April Fools.If Boogity is trying to convince him or herself into building a new track or renewing an old one,this is not a real good place to do it.If it ever happens that there is a genuine attempt at revitalising stock car racing in the San Antonio area,I'm sure the facility's tax,building,alcohal,food,occupancy permits etc.,will all be in place before we on this board ever hear about it.Nowadays only a fool attempts to buy a house without getting preaproved financing.That being said,is the earnest money even set aside?When the day comes that I come on this board and see an initial post saying something like...the all new San Antonio Speedway is nearing completion at so and so location,and the first of many driver's meetings and press conferences will be held at this location and time,then maybe I will get overexcited as a fan.Boogity...I know this just sounded like a lot of negativity,but I am just trying to have you think a little before you have a bunch of high bank,high speed stock car fanatics,like myself,hanging onto your every post all winter just to find out it is all just a big tease.If you are serious,more power to you,and may you be blessed with good fortune in this venture....and when it opens....please save me a seat on the top row!!

oh no here we go again .......has the same ring to it as last year .. boogity poeple are still waiting for thier checks to go through from the last bunch .....i dont know if you know what went on . but the last batch came on here with the same typ of question.s .. im looking into .we want to know if we will get backing from teams ...what if .what ifs ...and of course noone knew who they were for some time .... you say you are a fan ..have you raced .do you race ..how many drivers do you know .. in plainer words . .WHO ARE YOU ...

I wonder what Big thinks about all this.

AS SOON AS HE READ ABOUT IT, HE SKIPPED WORK AND HAS BEEN THRASHING AND BASHING ON HIS CAR FOR ALMOST TWO DAYS NOW, LATER ON HE WILL BE OUT THERE MOWING THE GRASS, TO HOPEFULLY GET SOME PRACTICE TIME IN EARLY TOMORROW, HE HASNT SLEPT, AND HE'S ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTAIN DEW..............................BUT HE SAYS HE'S NOT EXCITED :huh:

BoogityBoogity: I read all your posts and the replies.

If you are REALLY REAL - keep working on this project to either reopen SAS or build a new half mile asphalt track in the San Antonio area.

If you are REALLY REAL - the Texas Pro Sedans are prepared to support a San Antonio track, as we have done for more than 33 years. (TPS is headquartered in SA).

If you are NOT - REALLY REAL - or if your name is J&S or Shelma - please stop and get off this website !

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

To support what Neil said and to add my two cents worth....Again. I have been around racing my whole adult life and was very saddened by SAS closing. I am so thankful that Mary Ann stepped up and gave us all a place to race with our best interests at heart.

If you are for real.....walk the walk.

If you are doing this to stir up emotions and cause trouble.....DON'T GO AWAY MAD...JUST GO AWAY.

Sorry for not posting lately, just very busy. My wife and I are still throwing around ideas on what we need to get this ball rolling, once again my apology. We have a wide backing of support here, so now it should be just a matter of time. Just keep in mind anything done right will take a little while to complete if it's going to be successful. Thank you everyone.

A key phrase in Speedway Business Park's business plan is "Speedway Business Park Partners, LP is seeking an equity development partner to participate in this development project."

I don't think that has happened - yet. Money is a bit tight around town these days.

Nick

SAS reopen? Well I think about it often and miss it dearly but I doubt that it will ever open again. It's rare that you have someone like Terry Dickerson invest money into something that will never make you money but did it for the love of the sport so who is willing to do that again? After reading that the whole "gold mine" on Hwy 16 fell through and that the area will possibly be re-zoned back to County code then SAS will have a chance fianancially to get up to par. As for SAS and THR working together we all know Debbie's roots are SAS and I'm sure between her and MaryAnn they could help promote and attract racing series that would not impact THR's schedule or funding. There would be no reason why the two tracks couldn't work together however as someone mentioned in a previous post not only did THR welcome SAS drivers but they also welcomed SAS staff and loyalty goes along way around here. Now to answer your question about having the support "IF" SAS reopened of course you would but it would take time for the car count to grow again. I know of at least 10 Roadrunner cars just sitting waiting to go that would be the first one's at the track. If I could have just one request if it did reopen and that would be to become NASCAR sanctioned again. Your sponsorship possibilities would be greater and we would be back on the map again as well as go after big names such as AT&T and Budco whom at one time was very interested in being the major sponsor at SAS but wanted rights to the beer sold which meant no more Miller Lite. <_<

So lets see what 2009 brings for SAS, I would love to see some of my favorite drivers such as the Bendele's, Salazar, Oates as well as my brothers back on the track again. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

Archived