Support for a San Antonio short track?

boogity-boogity

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! That's a loaded question. Thunderhill does have plans to race next year. We've already issued the schedule, rules, etc.

Are you really planning to re-open SAS, or build something similar?

Not in planning mode yet, but my wife and I and a few others are looking for the opportunity to make things right again. Whether that includes reopening SAS or building a new track all together, so be it. I just don't know what the drivers of SA will do if THR closes down. We need a place to be. We need our race family back. What is your take on this and if opened, would you be interested in maybe being a part of this?

Boogity,,,just who are you anyway?

We have been down the road where someone gets on here and starts talking about a new race track they are going to build. How about letting us know who you are and what your relationship to racing is... that's the least you can do.

Thanks.

Nick

the truly sad part of it is, the apparent loss that would happen with the property never happened, as far as I know, the City's plan has failed, we know what's happening with the auto industry effecting the large neighbor there on HWY 16 and that track sits idle falling into disrepair; have you researched if indeed the track could be re-opened? I think if it was it may do well. The bad part is Mary Ann and her staff have opened the doors and made the SA racing family part of the THR family uniting and in my opinion saving all of us!

As mentioned, 2009 is set at this point in Kyle, but SAS or something in that area would be enticing to many folks, good luck, I commend you for your passion for the sport!

Not in planning mode yet, but my wife and I and a few others are looking for the opportunity to make things right again. Whether that includes reopening SAS or building a new track all together, so be it. I just don't know what the drivers of SA will do if THR closes down. We need a place to be. We need our race family back. What is your take on this and if opened, would you be interested in maybe being a part of this?

I still hate it that SAS shut down, but in my opinion, things are pretty "right" at Thunderhill these days. We have a great promoter with a great staff. As long as she can keep the doors open, we'll support her and race there. Rather than talking about THR like it's already dead, how about supporting the place now so that it can thrive?

Like Nick said, you probably won't get too many people's hopes up anyway. The San Antonio area racers have been too recently burned to forget the last couple that came along with similar ideas.

I am also grateful to THR and their staff for accepting us in our moment of need as a viable part of the Texas racing scene. Believe in no way shape or form am I trying to take away any of the success that they have created. Just want to see, if anything could manifest further south, what the SAS drivers thought about that. I do remember the scandal about the "Neighbor on HWY 16" and it is sad that they had the power over our racing destiny that they did, but if things could be worked out and arranged with those "higher powers" involved, I don't forsee them giving more trouble. They have their own problems to address now. Just good to see that their "muscle" is not as strong as they thought.

We have always supported THR and by no means think they are dead. Please don't read to far into the comments I have made as they are not meant to offend anyone. Just wanted to see what support was there in the event that this idea manifested into a reality. I understand many poeple have come with the same aspirations and have failed, leaving you jaded. But, I feel if I was able to make something happen, it would be for the love and passion of the sport rather than a business venture. Sorry if I have offended anyone.

boogity,

You certainly didn't offend me. I just hope you understand why everyone is so skeptical. We all want what's best for everyone, but several of us have been burned in the past and may be somewhat overly cautious.

boogity,

You certainly didn't offend me. I just hope you understand why everyone is so skeptical. We all want what's best for everyone, but several of us have been burned in the past and may be somewhat overly cautious.

Very fair. We also want what's best for everyone (not just ourselves) and is why we stress that this would be for the passion of the sport rather than to line our pockets. We think that a "business" mentality would only hurt those drivers and fans as it has in the past. That's the last thing we could ever do.

Why would wehave to give up one for the other? We have Mary Ann and crew at Thunderhill that support us and give us some of the best racing in the country. Why does Thunderhill have to close for another track to open? Why can't we have BOTH? There are enough open dates that racing could exist at Thunderhill, HMP and SAS. We at Thunderhill need to be careful.....Look at what dissatisfaction and strife by a small group of people has caused at HMP. We are blessed by Mary Ann, Debbie, Jack and the crew. Let's focus on making what we have the best that it can be, not dreaming for greener grass that may never be.

Boogity...The bottom line is people want to race. If you were to open SAS in CONJUNCTION with Thunderhill, you would have lots of support. If you are looking to open SAS as a REPLACEMENT to Thunderhill, I think you are on your own.

Why would wehave to give up one for the other? We have Mary Ann and crew at Thunderhill that support us and give us some of the best racing in the country. Why does Thunderhill have to close for another track to open? Why can't we have BOTH? There are enough open dates that racing could exist at Thunderhill, HMP and SAS. We at Thunderhill need to be careful.....Look at what dissatisfaction and strife by a small group of people has caused at HMP. We are blessed by Mary Ann, Debbie, Jack and the crew. Let's focus on making what we have the best that it can be, not dreaming for greener grass that may never be.

Boogity...The bottom line is people want to race. If you were to open SAS in CONJUNCTION with Thunderhill, you would have lots of support. If you are looking to open SAS as a REPLACEMENT to Thunderhill, I think you are on your own.

Keep in mind that I appreciate the feedback about alternating schedules. Never would want to replace THR and everything that they have done for us and the sport. I'm afraid everyone is taking this wrong as an insult to THR. Not what i'm looking to do. So any future posts, please keep that in mind. I think it woul.d be great to work together in conjunction but would certainly hate to step on any toes @ THR in the process. Believe me, I have great respect for THR and its staff and will be supporting its 2009 season.

as in that movie [ if you build it , they will come ] think that holds true to the old sas speedway . would love to see it happen

i feel alot of people would like to see it reopen . NOT ONLY RACERS but the fans also would enjoy it . but not to take anything away from what mary ann and her staff has done for thr that is a first class place to race . with safety always first . cant ask for anything more from them.

what ever you plan ondoing I'm sure you'ld get support from racers and fans in san antonio. I'd caution about putting anything on here tho. too many people have been burned by scammers. Me and my wife had funding to get sas to code and reopened by 2 investers that just wanted to be part of a race track and didnt expect a return. but after j and s the negitivity on here was real bad. There was bickering going on back and forth between someone who said they were opening a track in cibalo and was attacking us, and our investors were on here reading it all. long story short....sas could have been fixed to code and reopened but instead the 2 friends of mine decided against san antonio and own a partial share in a track out east . I heard they invested about 1/2 million in it. might be rumor tho. anyway I suggest keeping low key and I'd be glad to give you my support. best of luck

Archived