Pro Sedans

David: I'll check my ride height and make sure my rear bumper lines up with all those Ford front ends! It should. That's how it was set up!!! :lol:

I'm looking forward to joining you guys. I've heard about the food. Just what I need. I've already added 15 pounds to my left side weight since I moved here and it's not part of the car!

Timer: Toyotas always start in the back??? That means you start inverted by points? Is that how it works?!?! hehe Um, I guess I'll bring my chain just in case I might be wrong on this one! Seriously, though... some of my best friends are Fords. ;)

Mike: I'm sure all this scuba diving around the world is exciting and all - but we can't babysit Ricky Bobby forever. You are missed! :ph34r:

..... never met a toy we couldnt beat ..lol are you the one that will change that .....hey my father in law owns two yota.s i have owned yota.s and we raced a yota way back when ..well thats until we found out fords were faster ..lol .

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I best not be talkin' smack on your Fords. If you run laps around me that would be slightly embarrassing. My little 1800cc may get kinda winded.

So, I will just say TRD RULES!!!! B)

You guys comin' out to THR on the 24th? I plan on doing a few easy laps to get a feel for the track. Now, left me see if I've got this down... you guys turn left out here, is that correct?

I best not be talkin' smack on your Fords. If you run laps around me that would be slightly embarrassing. My little 1800cc may get kinda winded.

So, I will just say TRD RULES!!!! B)

You guys comin' out to THR on the 24th? I plan on doing a few easy laps to get a feel for the track. Now, left me see if I've got this down... you guys turn left out here, is that correct?

YOU WONT HURT OUR FEELINGS IF YOU TALK SMACK ABOULT OUR FORDS ..HECK SOME OF IT MAYBE THE TRUTH ...AND DONT TRY AND KID US ABOULT THAT LITTLE 1800 .... I WAS NOT BORN YESTERDAY ...THOSE LITTLE MOTORS ROCK .. ....AS FOR THE WINDED PART ..ILL WIND OUT BEFORE THE THIRD LAP ....

Haha! OldTimer, you are on to me and my little 1800!!!

Seriously, I'm pretty proud of that little motor, but I doubt I have anything for you guys on power. I might give you a good run for your money in the turns, but some fool put the finish line in the middle of the straight away - which does me no good! :rolleyes:

Also, I have never been pitted against front wheel drive cars, which I hear tell are pretty darn wicked in those turns!

My first goal in joining TPS is simply to stay on the lead lap. A caution flag should help with that.

Past experience has shown that I tend to run best after about 30 laps, which sucks for the 20-25 lap events. Give me 40 laps or more and I might catch you!!!!!

heck my goal is a little one .. i want to kick some booty ..only going to race the 7 car probably two races at kyle then turn it over to the other or others which ever it will be .. ... now my other goal just in case i dont kick booty .is dont look stupid out there in the race ..lol now dont sell your 1800 short .most of those fwd .s have smaller motors than you ...so i dont buy this cant keep up part ..just yet ..

In all honesty, I have no idea how I will run with you guys. I just know you have much more open engine rules than I come from. I tried to do the math in comparison of track lengths and lap times to see how I might fare, but there was just way too much calculus involved - and way too many variables like "D" compared to "0" ovals... degrees of banking... track temperatures... it just made my brain hurt. So, I might be running in the top 5 or 5 laps down... no telling. :huh:

There is absolutely no reason why a properly-prepared Toyota should not run up front. The key will be in the setup. A RWD Toyota actually has the advantage over the FWD cars if all the weight distribution advantages are actually taken advantage of.. The Fords have a huge power advantage under the current rules, but, so far anyway, only a few of the Ford teams have found the magic setup to go with all that power.

I think you'll have fun playing in the TPS playground.

Nick

i will agree with you on that one nick .. added to that can the driver drive ,,,see some fast cars out there running in the back cuz the driver cant or wont drive it like he she should or could ...or want to .. ..this man maybe a driver we need to pay attention to .more than his little motor ..i cant wait to see what his toy will do ..d.wright.s toy aswell .. .and our car will not have that solid motor mount we installed last year that hurt us all year long .we took it off and the car came alive and ran every lap like it should have . something so symple can make your season long .....

see some fast cars out there running in the back cuz the driver cant or wont drive it like he she should or could ...or want to ..

OK, what are you trying to say here oldtimer???

in general there my good friend ozzy .... it happens in all the classes ...now as for you .. are you a guilty of being one those drivers ...you have your times when you step on the gas ..hard that is .....lol ...... you know i love you .. go ahead shoot me for that ...

There is absolutely no reason why a properly-prepared Toyota should not run up front. The key will be in the setup. A RWD Toyota actually has the advantage over the FWD cars if all the weight distribution advantages are actually taken advantage of.. The Fords have a huge power advantage under the current rules, but, so far anyway, only a few of the Ford teams have found the magic setup to go with all that power.

I think you'll have fun playing in the TPS playground.

Nick

Thanks, Nick, for your vote of confidence for the Toyotas! ;)

I know I will enjoy the TPS playground and the quest for that magic setup!

Soooooo Mikey, you gonna be at the pinewood derby??

i have to work all day . i will see if my lunch break comes at the right timei .if not .i maybe able to make a deal with someone .so i can join you all for just a few minutes ..i know that will sound good to you .the just a few minute part ...be good to see you though ..and to meet this fast toyota driver .who is trying to fool us into believing his car will be the one finishing first five laps down ..

WELL TORY IT WAS NICE TO MEET YOU . NICE LITTLE TOYOTA ..CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT TIMES THE LITTLE HEMI TURNS AT KYLE ... ..IT WAS ALSO AS ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE OZZY . HE IS ONE OF A KIND ...... JESSIE SAID HE INJOYED TAKEING THE CAR OUT . AND THOUGHT YOU MAYBE ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS .. . JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF WE WANT TO USE UP YOUR LITTLE AIR FILTER IN PRACTICE OR IN A RACE ...AND WHO WILL BE THE FIRST TO WORK IT OVER .LOL .....GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK AT KYLE .... WE WILL BE HERE WORKING ON THE NEW CAR ..SO WILL MISS THE FUN ...

Alright. That's it! My little air filter is coming off before it gets scratched!!!!

Hey, good to meet you guys too. It was fun making the road trip down there. I'm ready to get out to THR and put in a few 21 second laps! Vrrroom! Vrrroom! Will let you know how it goes... maybe. :unsure:

Alright. That's it! My little air filter is coming off before it gets scratched!!!!

Hey, good to meet you guys too. It was fun making the road trip down there. I'm ready to get out to THR and put in a few 21 second laps! Vrrroom! Vrrroom! Will let you know how it goes... maybe. :unsure:

NOW DONT TAKE THE BULLS EYE OFF ..BE A GAME PLAYER ..IF YOU JUST GO FAST ENOUGH TO OUT RUN ALL OF US .THEN PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED .DONT YOU THINK ......

OZZY . I WAS TO TELL YOU FOR JOSHUA .HE HAD A BASEBALL GAME GOING ON AT THAT TIME YOU WERE DOWN .... KNOWING IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE OVER AT 12.00 OCLOCK .HE HAD ANOTHER GAME AT 1.00 OCLOCK JUST OFF WEBER ROAD. I HAD TO GET BACK TO WORK AND TURNED TO TALK TO YOU .BUT YOU RAN OFF .... HE THOUGHT THAT WAS YOUR CHANCE ...OWELL ..

DANO HOW MANY SEARIES OUT THERE HAVE AS MANY FRIENDS RACEN HARD AGAINST EACH OTHER ...THATS WHY WE SPEND THE HARD EARNED MONEY TO TRY AND RACE WHERE TPS RACES .... YEP WE GET MAD SOMETIMES .THINGS HAPPEN .BUT IT REALLY IS NEVER CARRIED OVER TO THE NEXT RACE ..MAYBE IN PART WE HAVE A COUPLE OF WEEKS TO COOL OFF BEFORE OUR NEXT RACE ..... BUT I RAELLY DO LIKE 99 PERCENT OF THOSE DRIVERS .AND CANT LEAVE OUT THE STAFF EITHER ..PLUS FANS LIKE YOU AND BUDMAN ADD TO THE WORTH OF IT ALL ..

We could make Dano and Budman honorary mascots... :lol::lol: . Seriously, wait....one of the things that attracted me to this series was comraderie and everyone just having FUN! Can't wait to meet both Dano and Budman.

YOU HAVE NEVER MET THEM ...HOLD ON THERE BUDDY ...YOUR IN FOR A TREAT ..THEY REMIND ME OF LAUREL AND HARDY ....LOOKS LIKE ILL HAVE TO TAKE EM BY THE HAND AND INTRODUCE THEM TO YAH .....IN DANOS CASE THE HAND THATS NOT HOLDING THE CAMERA ..

Archived