Pro Sedans

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark,

On average I think the top teams replace right sides about every three to four races (maybe six tires a year for our season). The lefts may go a whole season or maybe half a season, budget for four a year to cover flats and unexpected circumstances. Obviously this number will vary slightly but I think it is a good ballpark, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong..

Pro Sedans are required to have a scanner or radio that will receive 154.570 mHz. at all times when the driver is on the track. Scanners are readily available from many sources but it is generally easy to find an inexpensive one (under $50) at a pawn shop, ebay or craigslist.

walmart .alot of drivers in tps use the same one ..dont need alot of channels ..tires we ran two cars this year and went through alot ...per car on average should have been three right side sets ..two left .we race pinto.s ..and had one wrecked . and went through alot of tires setting it back up ..alot of practice time ..and we also lost 6 tires to puntcher at one race track ..and cut a couple down in races .. ..next year if all goes well ..we should be back to low tire count ....if you were to put a lap count on the tires . some of ours had over two hundred spread between ...cc .some at thunder hill and some at red river . and one or two with more ..

I found a guy out of the Dallas area with a Pinto. We are supposed to be trading Sunday. Its turnkey and comes with a spare motor and tranny. I still have some left over stuff from when I ran Mini Stocks in Killeen. Hopefully I can get a decent motor put together before the season.

ok thanks good luck ..kinda funny how the pesky pintos keep showing up . seeing the last one was built 18 years ago ..we have five of them and three are racecars .one a spare ..and one im fixing up for the street .fords made a good racecar not in the know at the time of conception .lol .. heck drag cars and street rods use alot of the front end parts which were introduced in the pinto ..they hide it by calling it ford mustang parts ...pinto was a victim of some nasty wrecks ..and alot of poeple didnt know the mustang 11 had the same problem with blowing up .glad they quit makeing those ugly 70.s cars . mustang that is ...

ya i hear you. it gets old everytime someone asks you what kind of car you race, and you tell them a pinto, they always have a dumb remark about the exploding. oh well. i think they make really good race cars myself. i ran a pinto and a mustang and i enjoyed both.

ive built both . and like the pinto alot more ..

ey guys if yall can help me answer some questions: How much does this class Pay Out, What kind of body do you have to run, and How many laps do you do. I have been thinkibg about running Pro Sedans because every track around here dropped the Mini Stock Class and have no place to run. If I do come up to the conclusion of doing this thid will be a new learning expirence because I am used to racing Dirt would any one be interested in helping alond the way? I also am guessing that you use slicks right since it is asphalt and all please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Go to the series section in the forum and follow the link for Texas Pro Sedans to see the rules. We do run slicks, but treaded is still ok, but you would not have the grip you have with the slicks and you could find some used ones to buy anyway. We have a great group of guys and all are willing to help when needed. Since we have a wide variety of cars there is plenty of knowledge to go around as well.

• 1 month later...

I am also joining the TPS series for '09. Just FYI, I had to change radios and found some great deals on Bearcat Scanners from UnidenDirect.com - they have factory refurbished 100 channel models as low as $49.99 - you just have to keep monitoring their site to see what they have in.

I am also joining the TPS series for '09. Just FYI, I had to change radios and found some great deals on Bearcat Scanners from UnidenDirect.com - they have factory refurbished 100 channel models as low as $49.99 - you just have to keep monitoring their site to see what they have in.

welcome to tps ..we look forward to racen against your toy ...... d wright . will be racen his toy aswell with some tps races ..sure is good to see some toys . come on out and show our fords thier vw.s and a bmw what you have ..

Dangit!!! Tory and his toybox done found our playground. Isn't there anyplace sacred anymore. LOL

whats a matter ozzy .you have a bad hair day with a toy before .....i thought all toys were welcome in the land of ozz .....where off to see the wizard ..... could the ozz see his way to a new set of tires for me ...theres no place llike the speedway .theres no place like the speedway .. theres no place like the speedway ...there i clicked my heels three times ..where are my tires .....

Well, thank you there, Mr. Timer. I look forward to it.

And Mr. Oz... Yes! I found your playground!!! Buhahahaha - You think I would have stayed on the West Coast where they love Toyotas - - OUCH!!!! What the????? Was that lightning???

I didn't know you were sponsoring tires. That's awesome. Where should I pick mine up?

Mike! You're ALIVE!!!! WooHoo! That's Awesome!! Guess all that Duck & Cover training in grade school finally paid off. Try and get back in one piece, please. I need you to go over this tire swapping procedure with me.

P.S. - I am skillfully ignoring the "It's A Small World" comment.

P.P.S. - You might want to bring back a small boat to cross Lake Ricky Bobby.

welcome to the pro sedans , these guys are a blast to run with .they are very professional on and off the track ! you will defenantly be able to eat good at these races ! oldtimer kinda looks down on toyotas ,but im trying to get him turned around ! glad to have another toyota in the class . you wont find a better traveling series to run with ! just to let you know our celica back bumpers line up pretty good with a pinto front bumper , ha ha , oldtimer knows what im talkin about ! anyways , glad to have another toyota on the track with me ! also their are some unwritten rules you need to know about but ill tell you at the track !

welcome to the pro sedans , these guys are a blast to run with .they are very professional on and off the track ! you will defenantly be able to eat good at these races ! oldtimer kinda looks down on toyotas ,but im trying to get him turned around ! glad to have another toyota in the class . you wont find a better traveling series to run with ! just to let you know our celica back bumpers line up pretty good with a pinto front bumper , ha ha , oldtimer knows what im talkin about ! anyways , glad to have another toyota on the track with me ! also their are some unwritten rules you need to know about but ill tell you at the track !

i dont know what your talking aboult david ...oh yes i remember you were hanging on for dear life when jessie took our ford and showed you what power felt like ...... whats this unwritten rules your talking aboult ..i remember now all toyotas have to start in the back ..period ..... yep it isnt a written rule .. need to work on that one ...now starting the fords in the back wont help you .in two laps we will pass you anyway ...so get a chain or get a life ...be happy ..lol

No, we are not back yet. We could see and hear some of the action from our hotel in Tel Aviv. Today we are in Eilat on the Red Sea for some scuba diving then tomorrow we visit the old city of Petra in Jordan. We get home Sat.

David: I'll check my ride height and make sure my rear bumper lines up with all those Ford front ends! It should. That's how it was set up!!! :lol:

I'm looking forward to joining you guys. I've heard about the food. Just what I need. I've already added 15 pounds to my left side weight since I moved here and it's not part of the car!

Timer: Toyotas always start in the back??? That means you start inverted by points? Is that how it works?!?! hehe Um, I guess I'll bring my chain just in case I might be wrong on this one! Seriously, though... some of my best friends are Fords. ;)

Mike: I'm sure all this scuba diving around the world is exciting and all - but we can't babysit Ricky Bobby forever. You are missed! :ph34r:

Archived