Clash of the Titans, World Finals @ Houston Raceway Park 11/28-29

rebelracewriter

The Clash of the Titans world finals is set for November 29th at Houston Raceway Park in Baytown Tx. This is were champions will be crowned and we will be able to see who really has what it takes to compete with some of the worlds very best.

Houston being the home of the majority of The Clash racers is expected to have a great turn out in all classes. The whole Houston area just went through a bad time with hurricane IKE and will be ready to start racing again soon. Look for the action to be at a all time high and with the addition of the sport compact and motorcycle challenges we should have a great turn out. We expect to have world records shattered and reset several times in the same day. The only way you will be able to know who is the baddest in the land is to come to Houston Raceway Park and see some of the worlds best racers do battle. It will be wheels up, tire smoking, heart stopping, bumper scrapping action from start to finish so don't miss it.

Make sure you get those cars polished up and ready for the cameras. RPM Magazine will have Scott Singleton at Houston Raceway Park to cover our event. We would like to thanks the editors of RPM Magazine and Scott Singleton for coming to cover The Clash of the Titans World Finals . RPM Magazine has done some real nice articles in the past and we thank them for their support.

The Clash of the Titans drag racing series has always tried to have a little something to please everyone, from racing fan to fanatic, and The world Finals will be no exception. Between the Heads Up racing, and jet Funny Car there is not a dull moment in the stands. If you should happen to leave the stands there is always a nice car show and for the gear head in all of us there is a spectacular vendor midway that showcases the latest in automotive performance parts along with a swap meet to buy used parts.

2008 COTT Event Highlights:

Heads-up, Pro-tree, Worlds Fastest Street Car Action

Pro Outlaw 6 Sec. 200mph Pro Mods

Outlaw 10.5 6 Sec. 200 mph Street cars

Super street - 4 sec. 150 mph Street cars

True 10.5 7 sec. 1/4 mile Street cars

Cheap Street 8 sec. 1/4 mile Street cars

Sport Compact challenge

Motorcycle Shootout

Big Bucks Bracket race, Manufacturer's Midway, Swap Meet, Car Show

Pro outlaw

Outlaw 10.5 (Free Entry)

Super Street

True 10.5

Cheap Stree

True Street Challenge 9.50,10.00,11.00,12.00, 13.00 and 14.00

Electronics, No Elec., Jr. Dragster

All Bracket classes will be ran on a 1/8 mile format

Make sure to visit any O'reilly auto parts store to pick up discount tickets.

Ticket Pricing:

Friday: Spectators $10.00 test and tune $20.00

Saturday: Spectator side $25.00 at gate / $20.00 at any Oreilly Auto Parts in advance.

Friday, Nov. 28th.

Gates open at 3pm for early parking.

Test and tune starts at 6pm

First round qualifying at 9pm.

Saturday, Nov. 29th.

Gates open at 9am (vendors setup, racers registration, Tech)

Time Trials 12 - 3 pm

Index Eliminations 4 pm

1st round bracket eliminations after the 5pm pro qualifier

Pro Qualifying 3 pm and 5pm

Pro Eliminations at 7pm.

Race Track Info:

www.houstonraceway.com

General Clash info: 210-849-3225

• 2 weeks later...

was a record breaking weekend in Baytown.Some of the quickest doorcars I've seen in awhile.Mike Moran from Michigan,driving his Monte Carlo, became the fastest turbocharged drag car on the planet when he laid down a 6.01 @ 250.88mph into a 25+ headwind.Third doorcar driver to ever record a run at 250 mph.He joins Scotty Cannon Jr who ran 252.71 in Englishtown at the Shakedown Oct 4th in a Blower car and Brett Stevens who ran 252.66 at Queensland, Australia on June 8th,2008 also with a Blower car.

Tommy,

I heard tale while we were at the Mile that Mike and crew had moved the turbo's up front. Heard it didn't gain much at the bottom, but heard it's a hard hitter mid to top. Heard the mile per hour would be crazy... Hope they can keep the tranny gremlins away! I have always said you put Mike in a good car and he'll pull the numbers... Way to go Buster... ;o)

Mark

they move the turbos from the trunk back to the front.alot of frustration was setting in.was taking alot of time to work the gremlins out and in this game,to much time will set you back,way back.believe it was a heat build up issue from the back to the front,spoolin the turbos and building boost,cooking tranny seals,or something along that line.i know i cleaned up alot of the mess from the seals cooking and spewing the fluid about 60 to 100ft off the line sometime.he moved em and went back to flyin.ran in vegas week before last.qualified like 5th out there and put the legend bob glidden in the trailer in the 2nd or 3rd round.turbo cars usually dont have the bottom end like a nitrous car,but from 330ft to top end,they'll peel the skin off your face.i see alot of em having to let off just to steer the car down track.they ride the wheelie bars.

:D

Mike always did like the back bumper. I remember some of the first write ups on him. Picture always showed huge wheel stand...

I found the video of him in "cracker" running the bike that wrecked. That White GT was wicked fast...

Hopefully he can keep the money coming in and they can keep running Star Car II. Do you know if they moved the icebox or if they still use it?

Archived