Modifieds no longer IMCA sanctioned at I37 Raceway for 2009

Well if you want outlaw modifieds then switch to these at least all of the HP didn't go to waste.

That 87 on the high side is actually the car Lawrence is running now and kicking our butts with. He just put new sheet metal on it.

Red no that is not the car Lawrence is running, that is Bo Rawdons car fron the early 80s, normally with a wing on it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reb, I am sorta planning on it but never can tell with this economy. There are so very few that can afford a $10,00 plus motor that most will still be the same. If the track stops roller cams and stud girdels you can't turn a motor over 8,000 safely. Chris won a outlaw race in the valley last weekend with his IMCA legal car. Their rules may not be completely Outlaw though.

OLDGUY,there are sport mods turning almost that with STOCK ROCKERS!..And they even figured out a way to beat the vacume rule... So dont think no stud girdles will help out...And i am a Swenson fan,But how many cars started and finished that feature???I think about seven started , and perhaps four or five finished.... frank t

I am waiting to see a sport mod turn 8.000 with stock rockers. I also said safely. Very few racers will go expecting the motor to go at any time.

I don't think Chris's flat top 350 was any match for lawrence but it was better than a lot of bigger motors that were there. Also the outlaw motor he is building is a flattop, but he is planning to turn some rpm. I don't know the number of mods at the valley but Randy's cars were there and so was Whiteaker and Lawerence, beat them and you earned it.

Gary, you're right. We've tried to turn our Sport Mod motor, but every time we've gone above 7400 rpm, the rockers crack and break. We've tried chrome moly and everything. I think thats about max (at least if you want it to live more than 1 race).that sport mod has got the best money can buy trust me i know :lol: it probably has more hp than any sportmpd out there
that sport mod of chips has more hp than any sport mod out there rest assured <_<

I am waiting to see a sport mod turn 8.000 with stock rockers. I also said safely. Very few racers will go expecting the motor to go at any time.

I don't think Chris's flat top 350 was any match for lawrence but it was better than a lot of bigger motors that were there. Also the outlaw motor he is building is a flattop, but he is planning to turn some rpm. I don't know the number of mods at the valley but Randy's cars were there and so was Whiteaker and Lawerence, beat them and you earned it.

a flat top motor is a very good compression maker no doubt the way to gooooooooo :huh:

Well i tried it a few of times with good results each time so i dont agree u r a #$$^%%^&%&^%Hray :huh:

and that was my dad that posted earlier...Swenson was fast in Mcallen im glad he got his car hooked up congrats

:lol::lol: there i said it 4 ya

Gary, you're right. We've tried to turn our Sport Mod motor, but every time we've gone above 8400 rpm, the rockers crack and break. We've tried chrome moly and everything. I think thats about max (at least if you want it to live more than 1 race).

thats more like it

The funny thing is that I saw Greg laping the local cars that were out there with his IMCA stuff so how could outlaw be any different for you.

That's the point I was making. Put a spoiler on an IMCA car and go race. All those big motors won't help on So. TX dry slick tracks. If your chassis will work on dry slick, anything above 550 hp is probably waisted anyway. Quit making excuses. It is what it is.....

there he came to his well :blink: some where closer :lol::lol:

Reb, I am sorta planning on it but never can tell with this economy. There are so very few that can afford a $10,00 plus motor that most will still be the same. If the track stops roller cams and stud girdels you can't turn a motor over 8,000 safely. Chris won a outlaw race in the valley last weekend with his IMCA legal car. Their rules may not be completely Outlaw though.

I AM GLAD HE HAD A HEADS UP ABOUT GOING OUTLAW AT LEAST SOMEBODY DID MY CAR IS ABOUT DONE AND IT IS A IMCA LEGAL CAR WOULD I HAVE CHANGED THINGS PROBALY HERE OR THERE BUT THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP IT ONLY WOULD HAVE SAVED ME A FEW DOLLARS IF I WAS TO STAY AT I-37 BUT CANT BEAT EM JOIN EM NOTTTTT SO,E PEOPLE R IN THE KNOW ;)

that sport mod has got the best money can buy trust me i know :lol: it probably has more hp than any sportmpd out there

that sport mod of chips has more hp than any sport mod out there rest assured <_<

Greg,

Give it a break. You can see exactly what's in the motor, just look in the classified section...it's listed for sale (if you don't believe the ad, buy it and find out for yourself). I don't think you'll find anything unusual there. Just one of the best engine builders around combined with one of the best drivers around. It's a combination you know!

Rusty

that sport mod has got the best money can buy trust me i know :lol: it probably has more hp than any sportmpd out there

Greg,

Give it a break. You can see exactly what's in the motor, just look in the classified section...it's listed for sale (if you don't believe the ad, buy it and find out for yourself). I don't think you'll find anything unusual there. Just one of the best engine builders around combined with one of the best drivers around. It's a combination you know!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA FUNNY NOT YES I KNOW RUSTY YES RUSTY I KNOW :ph34r:

Gary, you're right. We've tried to turn our Sport Mod motor, but every time we've gone above 7400 rpm, the rockers crack and break. We've tried chrome moly and everything. I think thats about max (at least if you want it to live more than 1 race).

man rusty i didnt see any of ur low hp cars there in south texas i heard that they was running 351 hp so u didnt go right :lol::lol: or was ur spoiler not big enough :lol::lol:

Archived