Modifieds no longer IMCA sanctioned at I37 Raceway for 2009

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
first off This year someone need to be claimed...

and Ya'll are kinda missing the point.... If I-37 doesn't pay $400 or $500 to win no modifieds will show up next year.

THATS WHAT THEY R BUILT FOR TO BE CLAIMED COME BUY U ONE WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR AND SEE WHAT COMES :huh: IT WILL TAKE MORE THEN A CLAIMER AND ONETHING MAKES A GOOD ENGINE OWNER NERV IS A CLAIM BUT IT HAPPENS AND ONE THING WE RESPECT IS THE CLAIM U MIGHT NOT GET WHAT U THINK U R BUYING MOST OF THE TIME ASK AROUND AND IF U THINK IT WAS A MOTOR THAT I WON WITH I KNOW WHAT MOST THOSE MODS HAVE IN IT THAT RUN OUT THERE AND THEY WOULD NOT WANT CLAIMED EITHER AND WITH THE CAR UR DAD SPONSORED AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT MOTOR IS IN IT, NICE PIECE,LOL JAMIE :lol:

AGAIN SINCERELY CONGRATS ON THE WIN SWENSON AND THE HARD CHARGER

That is $800 on a regular night. Several nights they ran for $1000. This year Edna was the place to be by far and I am sure next year will be alot of the same. But dont kid yourselves the drivers that are there are fighting for it and they are good experienced ones at that. No freebies at Edna.

IMCA or not, If the purse sucks the car count will suck too. Most tracks want to put the cart before the horse by waiting to get cars before the purse the purse is raised. Spectators dont come to watch races with very few cars. I believe I read that there were only 2 mod claims in IMCA this year. That is not worth having a claim in the rules for.

I find it highly humorous that there are so many tracks(everywhere) that say.....IMCA rules except.....blah, blah, blah for their mods or other classes for that matter. Point is..... all those "excepts" are money burners. Claim rules were put in by IMCA to keep the class cost effective/self policed. I'm sure no one wants to lose a 10-20K motor for $500.....DUH.....but you can get a good Blaines claimer, or JR Motorsports engine for around 5K.

Reb,

I think you point out the only major issue people have with IMCA. The claim. That is why so many tracks use the IMCA rules except claim and one or two minor rules. I would not want to sell a $5,000 claimer engine for $500 any more than I would want to sell a $10,000 engine. It is even worse for the guys that build their own engines and do a lot of research to find the right combinations and spend a lot of time making sure everything fits perfect just to sell it to somebody for $500. I personally think a Modified class with a good set of engine rules would work very well if the rules are put in place and left alone like IMCA does it. I also do not see how the claim rule self polices anything. The haves that can afford it still run the real good stuff and the have nots that can not afford it still do not have the best stuff. Most people are afraid to claim because of how they will be looked at afterwards and some stay away because they do not want to be involved in a claimer class. Besides that, most tracks I have been around STRONGLY discourage claiming.

CLAIM IS NOT THE PROBLEM AND IT AINT A BUNCH OF HP U STILL HAVE TO HOOK IT UP I THINK IF U WATCH MY RACING WITH WHAT U HAVE CHIP I PASSED A LOT IN THE CORNERS AND ALSO GOT PASSED U SWAP NOW DAYS IF U CAN FINISH ON THE SAME LAP UR PIECE IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME WILL I MAKE CHANGES TO THAT MOTOR :ph34r: I WILL PULL MY CAMSHAFT U CAN BY IT FOR 45.00 NOTHING CRAZY THERE AND THE BOTTOM END IS REALLY GOOD PIECES FOR RELIABILTY IT AINT NO 9000 RPM MOTOR ;) LIKE DERRY WANTS TO BUILD BUT A GOOD PIECE I KNOW U R SELLING UR SPORT MOD FOR A NEW OUTLAW MOTOR I CAN GET U ONE CHEAPER BUT DONT TURN IT 9000 ;) THE CLAIM IS NOT WHAT KEEPS EM FROM COMING LETS GET REAL IS IT IMCA IS IT ADDITUDES ;) IS IT THE TRACK :lol: IS IT THE CHANGES :unsure: IS IT THE PREV BAD REP ;) COME ON WE REALLY KNOW WHERE AND WHAT IT IS GO STICK UR BIG MOTOR IN AND THEN HOOK IT :( UP SO ITS NOT THE CLAIM THE PERSON WANTING TO BUY IT DONT WANT TO WORRY ABOUT BUYING JUNK :lol: I HAVE 1 WE SWAP BACK AND FORTH THE CLAIM IS A BIG EXSCUSE :huh: WHEN THEY CLAIMED P-J HE WENT THE NEXT NIGHT AND WON WITH IT ITS NOT THE MOTOR FIND ANOTHER EXSCUSE . IT SAYS I CANT POST THIS MANY EMOTIONS WHAT THE UR RIGHT I CANT TYPE IM A 1 FINGER TYPER SORRY

I enjoy racing AT HOME...Thats why i hope to race at I37...And i am not BASHING what will be the managements choice..I will point out why i like IMCA..SUPPORT!,I was on both sides, So i know with a phone call it will be available..A car that can travel to many tracks without ANY changes..If a driver is MR BILLY BAD and likes to run over people,and gets thrown out,he will not be allowed to race at another IMCA track till the fine is paid and problems are solved..So it makes him or her think twice..INSURACE,Have most of you good folks checked out what it does for you..More then you think!!And how often have you checked to see if a non IMCA track is covered.If you race IMCA and the track lapses in there INSURACE,..Regerstered IMCA drivers will get notice,And the track will lose its right to be IMCA..Its happened in the area before..POINTS FUND!!For Johnny winning at STS and i37,He will get almost $2000 plus we are getting lots of contingincy coupons daily..So i figure about $3000 total for the 2008 season...I do know that many will have good reason to be non IMCA,.I am sure that many will have a valid reason to be non IMCA..I would enjoy seeing the positives of outlaw mods..I know it works at STS and EDNA..Did not work at RGS..And please dont say because of the CLAIM,Because there were not claims the two years i ran the track,nor after i left..I want to see why OUTLAW is better,Because like many,i must figure out what we will do...Frank Torres

Greg,

You need a new source for your information. Selling the SportMod has nothing to do with another engine. We already have a 9,000 RPM engine but we are saving it to use with a 16" right rear tire. :D If it is not the claim, why is IMCA not at every track? They do a great job with keeping the same rules and they do a great job of making rules so it is not all about horsepower. So why isn't everybody for IMCA? It is the claim. Fair or not that is the reason.

CLAIM IS NOT THE PROBLEM AND IT AINT A BUNCH OF HP U STILL HAVE TO HOOK IT UP I THINK IF U WATCH MY RACING WITH WHAT U HAVE CHIP I PASSED A LOT IN THE CORNERS AND ALSO GOT PASSED U SWAP NOW DAYS IF U CAN FINISH ON THE SAME LAP UR PIECE IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME WILL I MAKE CHANGES TO THAT MOTOR :ph34r: I WILL PULL MY CAMSHAFT U CAN BY IT FOR 45.00 NOTHING CRAZY THERE AND THE BOTTOM END IS REALLY GOOD PIECES FOR RELIABILTY IT AINT NO 9000 RPM MOTOR ;) LIKE DERRY WANTS TO BUILD BUT A GOOD PIECE I KNOW U R SELLING UR SPORT MOD FOR A NEW OUTLAW MOTOR I CAN GET U ONE CHEAPER BUT DONT TURN IT 9000 ;) THE CLAIM IS NOT WHAT KEEPS EM FROM COMING LETS GET REAL IS IT IMCA IS IT ADDITUDES ;) IS IT THE TRACK :lol: IS IT THE CHANGES :unsure: IS IT THE PREV BAD REP ;) COME ON WE REALLY KNOW WHERE AND WHAT IT IS GO STICK UR BIG MOTOR IN AND THEN HOOK IT :( UP SO ITS NOT THE CLAIM THE PERSON WANTING TO BUY IT DONT WANT TO WORRY ABOUT BUYING JUNK :lol: I HAVE 1 WE SWAP BACK AND FORTH THE CLAIM IS A BIG EXSCUSE :huh: WHEN THEY CLAIMED P-J HE WENT THE NEXT NIGHT AND WON WITH IT ITS NOT THE MOTOR FIND ANOTHER EXSCUSE . IT SAYS I CANT POST THIS MANY EMOTIONS WHAT THE UR RIGHT I CANT TYPE IM A 1 FINGER TYPER SORRY

If everybody will look in ths forum under TEXAS AUTO RACING

you will see my post about the IMCA Claim----

All I ever hear about is guys dont like the claim rule

IMCA had exactly 2 claims in 2008 in the IMCA mod class---with 17 tracks

each running 30 features a season ----510 races---2 claims 4/10 of 1 percent

is the ratio of claiming in the South Central Region

If this is your reason for not wanting IMCA sanctiong at your track--then go for

the OUTLAW high priced motors

Big Al

OH I WILL CALL THAT PERSON A LIER U KNOW A FEW OF THOSE :lol: AND AS FAR AS PEOPLE NOT LIKING IMCA I DONT KNOW LOOK AT KSP THEY HATE IT RIGHT ITS NOT IMCA ITS RULES THEY HATE SO IS BEING HELD LIABLE FOR THERE ACTIONS ITS NOT WANTING TO PAY OUT FOR IMCA IT HAS WORKED WELL IN SOME PLACES I THOUGH IT WAS GOING TO WORK WELL THERE ALSO BUT I GUESS I AM WRONG LIKE I HAVE BEEN 1 TIME BEFORE :lol: I AM VOICING MY OPINION BECAUSE ITS NOT THE CLAIM GET OVER IT :blink:

HOW MANY CLAIMS THIS YEAR AT KSP I THINK 1 AND IT WAS A SWAP I MIGHT BE WRONG HOW MANY AT ABILENE NONE HOW MANY AT ABILENE LAST YEAR NONE ITS NOT THE CLAIM HAVE I EVER BEEN CLAIMED NEVER :blink: RACED IMCA FULL TIME 4 YEARS GET OVER THE CLAIM ITS NOT THE CLAIM OWEN WAS JUST ASKING HIS OWN DRIVERS WHY THEY DONT RACE THERE WHAT DO U THINK CHIP WHY DO U THINK OWEN STILLL HAS A PROBLEM <_< ANSWER IS IT THE CLAIM NOPE ITS NOT THEY DONT HAVE A CLAIM AND STILL A PROBLEM WITH DRAWING CARS ANSWER IT FOR OWEN HE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ALSO HOW MANY TIMES U BEEN CLAIMED CHIP OH WAIT HOW LONG U OWNED A IMCA CARD ;) I KNOW UVE SEEN A BUNCH OF CLAIMS RIGHT :blink::D TRYING TO KEEP THE EMOTIONS DOWN THE SITE WONT LET ME TALK WITH TO MANY ;);)

I am still looking for the PLUS side of OUTLAW racing....And dont say NO CLAIMS,...USMTS do have clams in there series also.. These guys will be at EDNA this week...BET they wont claim anything...And JAMIE,If you feel a claim needed to be made, You had a mod,Why did you not come out and claim?? frank torres

I am still looking for the PLUS side of OUTLAW racing....And dont say NO CLAIMS,...USMTS do have clams in there series also.. These guys will be at EDNA this week...BET they wont claim anything...And JAMIE,If you feel a claim needed to be made, You had a mod,Why did you not come out and claim?? frank torres

An engine claim? I will have to go back and look at it again. I knew they had a shock claim for $100 and MSD box claim for $250 but those are realistic prices for what the parts cost. $500 for an engine is not realistic.

Once again guys. If it is not the claim then what is it? So far nobody has mentioned anything that keeps racers away from IMCA tracks so I must believe what racers and owners tell me and it is the claim they do not like.

An engine claim? I will have to go back and look at it again. I knew they had a shock claim for $100 and MSD box claim for $250 but those are realistic prices for what the parts cost. $500 for an engine is not realistic.

Once again guys. If it is not the claim then what is it? So far nobody has mentioned anything that keeps racers away from IMCA tracks so I must believe what racers and owners tell me and it is the claim they do not like.

CHIP U GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT HAVE A GREAT TIME BEING LAWLESS U DONT EVEN READ MY REASON SO WHY SHOULD I POST EM HAVE A GREAT TIME IM SURE THE PAYOUT WILL BE 800.00 LIKE EDNA AND U WILL WIN :lol::lol:

Outlaw guys may not like the claim, and IMCA may not like the (BIG MOTOR) or "HOG" what ever yall call it but its not all about motor, or car or just Driver it's all of these things working together. More people should quit bitchin and start doing more homework. Some guys are so far out of technology the only thing they have is an excuss. Some people contradict them selfs bitching about outlaw and big motors but turn around and say you can't put it to the ground, well what difference does it make. I can say I have had my ass handed to me several times by way less motor.

CHIP U GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT HAVE A GREAT TIME BEING LAWLESS U DONT EVEN READ MY REASON SO WHY SHOULD I POST EM HAVE A GREAT TIME IM SURE THE PAYOUT WILL BE 800.00 LIKE EDNA AND U WILL WIN :lol::lol:

Now I am sad I-37 is not IMCA. For some reason I think I would enjoy racing you every week. After I got a little experience and become more competitive I think the fans would really enjoy it. ;) Nothing wrong with a good rivalry for the fans sake. :D

This has nothing to do with I-37 not running Mods under IMCA sanction, but has everything to do with the power comment. We took a 2006 Z06 Vette to Goliad and ran 200.31MPH with 620RWHP and a guy with another Vette with 850RWHP ran 201MPH. I will agree that it is all about how you get it to the ground and how you drive it. That being said, there are going to be some people I'm really going to miss and will drive to watch them race... I have to trust Jim and Eric didnt just decide to drop IMCA in the Mods without talking it over.

Wish evrybody the best!

Mark

It's having to start by points and getting there stuff tore up that's not liked by non IMCA drivers, not the claim. That's what was said when STS dropped IMCA. They'll have to pay a lot better at I-37 than they have to get outlaw cars to drag that far. A LOT BETTER.

Archived