Modifieds no longer IMCA sanctioned at I37 Raceway for 2009

After having mediocre car count and lack of IMCA support tracks around us we have decided to drop the IMCA sanction for the MODIFIEDS ONLY. We hope this change will help improve the weekly car count and competition. We will still be IMCA sanctioned for the sportmods. As for the rules, we will be keeping the base rules of IMCA with the exceptions of the motor claim, we will allow a spoiler, we will also allow aluminum heads and roller cams with a weight penalty.

We appreciate our loyal modified drivers and hope you will still race with us in 2009.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to use any of the contact information listed on our website at www.i37raceway.com, or you can email us at i37raceway@hotmail.com. This topic will not be debated by us on this forum.

Thank you,

I37 Raceway

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how to make it any clearer.

If you have a problem with the track and their decisions, take it up with them and not on here!

I am deleting some posts and will close the thread if the bitching continues.

Nick

I personally like IMCA but I think the track made the right decision. The Modified class had low car counts. With as many other tracks running the non-sanctioned cars in their area, there are going to be a lot more non-IMCA modifieds than there will be IMCA modifieds. I do not see a whole lot of cost difference between the two if you want to be a front runner. The lack of racers put the track in a tough position and I think their only choices were to drop the class all together or do what they did. Hopefully this will work out for everybody. They still have a very competitve IMCA class for those that want to stay with IMCA.

how long till the Sport mod sanction is dropped??

EDNA --- IMCA rules / no sanction Bi-weekly sat nites

RGS VALLEY----IMCA rules / no sanction Bi-weekly sat nites

GOLIAD--- no rules out yet? close to EDNA but schedule not out yet

CORPUS---last yr IMCA / this yr?? with edna and goliad within 100 miles?? Weekly sat nites /possible bi-weekly nxt yr??

so i say again how long will that Sport Mod sanction last?????????

I personally like IMCA but I think the track made the right decision. The Modified class had low car counts. With as many other tracks running the non-sanctioned cars in their area, there are going to be a lot more non-IMCA modifieds than there will be IMCA modifieds. I do not see a whole lot of cost difference between the two if you want to be a front runner. The lack of racers put the track in a tough position and I think their only choices were to drop the class all together or do what they did. Hopefully this will work out for everybody. They still have a very competitve IMCA class for those that want to stay with IMCA.
WHAT MODIFIED DO U RUN THAT THE COST IS THAT CLOSE LAST TIME I CHECKED ITS A LOT DIFFERENT AND TO BOOT EVER BEEN HURT AND NOT HAVE ANY INSURANCE NO INSURANCE CO COVERS THE RACER THERES A LOT MORE JUST ASK A FEW OTHER MOD DRIVERS ADD IT UP THERES A HUGE DIFFERENCE LETS JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THE NAME SPRINTS U CANT AFFORD TO RACE ONE AND NEITHER CAN I BUT IM SURE A SPRINT CAR IS CLOSE ALSO JUST JUST PUT 1 OF THOSE IN THERE

AND I TAKE IT SPRINT U WAS RACING A MOD AT EVERY RACE THIS YEAR SO UR SUPPORT WAS GREAT UVE INVESTED A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY LIKE WE HAVE

Greg,

1. You can take your IMCA car and be competitive with the Outlaw cars so I would say the cost is about the same. Not exact but not a large percentage difference. We took our IMCA car and engine and were competitive at the last Pleasanton race and that was the first race with a new (IMCA legal) rear suspension so I think we have room for improvement. I have a couple of good suspension men helping me at Burlington Performance. Derry Burlington and Rusty Ray who I am pretty sure you know.

2. Yes I have been hurt in a race car and the track's insurance paid all of the bills. Ambulance ride and all. It was not an IMCA track so there must be other insurance available for tracks.

3. The cost of Sprint Cars has nothing to do with why I do not race them anymore. I don't enjoy the traveling as much as I used to.

4. No I did not race at every race and support the class as much as you did. Not enough racers did and that is why they felt they needed to change.

I have always been an IMCA supporter. I have raced Stock Cars, Sprint Cars, Modifieds and SportMods with IMCA. I think it is a very good organization and they have helped racing tremendously. For some reason it is no longer working in South Texas. I think the track had a tough decision to make and I happen to think they did what is best for them. They are running a business.

Chip Godfredson

IF UR TALKING ABOUT THE LAST RACE I THINK U STARTED IN THE FRONT AND THERE WAS NO PASSING AT ALL IF THE LAST RACE IS WHAT U R JUDGING UR SEASON ON I MUST SUCK 1 LANE NO PASSING HECK WHITAKER AND BROWN BOTH TRIED EVERYTHING THEY COULD DO AND NO RESULTS SO GO WIN EVERY RACE NEXT YEAR WITH UR IMCA CAR GET ER DONE USMTS RACE IS IN EDNA I EXPECT U WILL BE THERE SEEMS HOW UR WERE SO FAST AT THE LAST RACE I THINK THERE IS A BIG DIFF AND I KNOW FROM RACING THEM AND NOT JUDGING BY MY LAST RACE A BIG DIFF AND WHO CARES THEY MADE THERE MIND UP LET EM HAVE IT LIKE BIG AL SAYS I WILL HAUL IT AND YES I KNOW DARRY AND RUSTY :lol: AND THEY SHOULD KNOW THE LAST RACE WAS NOT A GOOD ONE MAYBE :blink: WHO PASSED I GOT PASSED WHO DID U PASS ? SO HOW CAN U SAY THAT UVE GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT NOW

OH YEH AND I HAD MY SET UP DONE BY THAT DUDE CHANCE HES GREAT CAUSE I GOT PASSED :lol::lol:;)

WOW! Nick said Bitching :lol:

HE MUST OF HAD TO MANY OF THE BLUE HES LOOSENINGUP :rolleyes::)

LOL at Randy and Greg...

I meant to type "over reacting in a negative way" but somehow it came out "bitching."

However, if you look at the keyboard you will see that the keys for both are very close together and if your fingers are as old as mine and er... well, yeah. I said bitching.

Nick

LOL at Randy and Greg...

I meant to type "over reacting in a negative way" but somehow it came out "bitching."

However, if you look at the keyboard you will see that the keys for both are very close together and if your fingers are as old as mine and er... well, yeah. I said bitching.

Nick

Thats cool Nick, Bitching sounds better anyway! :lol:

Greg,

Not real interested in arguing with you. I happen to agree with the track and you do not so we can just leave it like that. Good luck to you next year.

Any major rules change means that some are happy and others are real unhappy.

When someone puts a ton of work and emotion into their hobby and suddenly the rug they were standing on is no longer there, it gets personal real quick. It's entirely understandable why those who now are looking at potential boat anchors are really upset.

However - and you knew this was coming - it serves no useful purpose to get on a public forum and bitch about it. The only purpose it really serves is making those folks who are doing the bitching (said it twice in the post!) look like crybabies. And anyone reading without knowing the players involved are left with the impression that racing in Texas is in chaos when actually it is pretty much on the rebound compared to just a couple of years ago. It's amazing what damage four or five disgruntled folks can cause when they unite in a "bitch campaign" to discredit a track, a series or someone else involved in the sport.

So... that's why I jump in when these things start. Any racing forum like TXSZ that's worth its salt should be online to provide timely news and information about racing and to encourage healthy, positive discussions about the sport we all love. I am not doing this labor of love to provide a place for people to vent when they're upset.

Hey.. thanks for reading.

Nick

I heard from several drivers that they would not race mods at I-37 under IMCA because it put too much of a disadvantage to go to other tracks close enough to go to. That track could not afford to lose more cars in the modified class. Without a change in the purse vs entry I don't think it will help anything. I intend to go there only because lower gas prices make it feasible. A large part of racers can't afford to race for nothing. I would say from watching , Chip made a huge gain in his performance.

I heard from several drivers that they would not race mods at I-37 under IMCA because it put too much of a disadvantage to go to other tracks close enough to go to. That track could not afford to lose more cars in the modified class. Without a change in the purse vs entry I don't think it will help anything. I intend to go there only because lower gas prices make it feasible. A large part of racers can't afford to race for nothing. I would say from watching , Chip made a huge gain in his performance.
I WOULD HOPE HE DID :lol:

The ONLY reason IMCA doesn't work at tracks around here is they are all scared of the damned claim rule!!!!!!

People want to put 10-15-20K into a motor...and for what???? So they can say they have 600+ HP? What's the freaking point? Put all that motor on the skinny hockey puck tires and all you do is burn them off.....just like the guys in Corpus crying about burning up tires every week....WELL DUH!!!!!

IMCA----

Track insurance..... only goes so far and IMCA adds above and beyond that. Just ask Allen Williams and how much IMCA helped when he got seriously injured. I'm sure that ASCS had their own insurance too.

Rules...IMCA has always had a standardized set of rules allowing guys to race ANY IMCA track NATIONWIDE. Problem is teching is poor at best for any track/any rules. Oh and just ask the Edna driver that won in Houston racing with his legal hometrack rules, but got DQ'ed anyway.

Points funds.....IMCA pays out for the top 20 racers in each class.....What/how many do the tracks pay? That's a rhetorical question because I know the answer......

Contingency awards.....I know that Speedway Motors pays $100 to every first time feature winner. A year or two ago Greg got a new transmission......Tell me what track does that???? Again another rhetorical question.

It's plain and simple, people are scared of losing an overpriced/unneeded high dollar motor to the claim. The problem is at least 75% of racers can't afford that high dollar crap, just to be competitive....Why do you think we have no more dirt late model class, no weekly sprint class....They priced themselves out of it because the tracks cant afford to pay the purses, and drivers/teams cant afford new pieces if they knock the bottom out of a motor.....

Just for shits and giggles.....What's the going cost for a set of aluminum heads, roller rockers and stud girdles? And that's just for starters...next it will be tires to hook up all the extra power...then this, then that....drivers/teams are their own worst enemies.....They complain about the cost of racing, the lack of a good purse, but when they have a "fairly" cost effective way of racing(IMCA) they whine and cry about it too.

Finally I do NOT see the rules changes bringing any more cars to I-37 except maybe to offset the ones they''ll lose......I tried telling Jim that....

I WOULD HOPE HE DID :lol:

Not real sure how to take that. :unsure:

Archived