New dirt track taking shape in Crandall, TX

NickHolt

Crandall Texas is already the home of what I think is the oldest, or one of the oldest continuously running dirt tracks in the State.

If memory serves me, Thunderbird was born in Crandall after racing ceased at the old 1/5 mile track at the Dallas Fairgrounds.

Hoping the tracks have a plan to work together.

Pro Tree, you're right when you say it looks like they've got it goin on out there! Motorsports seem to be very popular out that way.

I've heard the rumors about Thunderbird closing at the end of the 2009 season also, but they've been spending some money re working the fence on the front straight this year, so I've got my fingers crossed that they wouldn't be spending that money just to close things down next fall.

It's about an hour and fifteen minute drive from my house to get there, but they always have some pretty good racing so it's worth the drive!

:)

well guys , i went by the track today its looking pretty good looks like it is all wired up the fences are all up just about they are getting the concession stuff put in too . the track looks like it going to be lit up real good it looks alot like thunderbird speedway but not as much bank the owner said he is trying to make it a two to three wide racing and not a one line race. we took some pics .here they are.

attachmentid=10369]

post-253-1227761761_thumb.jpg

post-253-1227761810_thumb.jpg

[attachmentid=10372

post-253-1227761881_thumb.jpg

post-253-1227761628_thumb.jpg

post-253-1227761843_thumb.jpg

Tbird is the oldest continually operated track inTx. If I'm not mistaken the 1st race there was June of 59. Ive been hearing that Tbird was gonna be open only 1 more year for the last 15. The Bowl is the only track thats been closing longer than Tbird.

Archived