Rio Grande Speedway Nationals "Battle on the Border 2008!

don't shoot the messenger

LOL....Sorry didn't mean for it to appear that way.....Been on that side of the fence myself numerous times.

Just didn't seem right to begin with or like they were trying to draw many cars.....With USMTS the week after at TRP and HRP(Baytown) it would be a chance to get guys down earlier....But with that purse structure I see no one but locals showing up.....The travelings guys will seldom show up for a "Non-guaranteed" purse....Even with your 100 car scenerio the split of 4,500 wouldn't go very far....

JMHO

NOBODY will tow 300-400-500 miles

to run

40 car X $50 entry= $ 2000. less $ 200----TOTAL PAY OUT $ 1800.00

pay top 5 --- 600--500--400--200--100-------$ 1800 HUMMMMMMM

other 19 cars get ZERO

PLUS pit pass---PLUS Transponder reatal

WITH NO GUARANTEE of car count

Your are right Jim---it aint gonna work

Big Al

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if any of our I-37 driver's will be going to this event???

it's gonna be a great show. limiteds guaranteed $3000 to win and $300 to start saturdays a main, and money paying for b mains as well, mod also will be racing for 90% of total collected entry fees for mods.

I would love to know who all is going.

Thanks

Just read on rgs forum that race fuel and methanol will not be available, maybe av gas will.

So if anyone comes, bring some fuel

Super Unleaded is around 2.20

Just read that also, pump gas can be had anywhere of course, but if anyone is needing Methanol for your modified, you can contact:

RGV Race Fuels

(956) 792-0137

They stockpile methanol and other race fuels, last I checked a 55gal drum of methanol was $240.00 but check by calling.

Also, Methanol can be bought at The Oil Patch in Pharr, Tx not sure on the price, they are open on Saturday's till noon and weekdays till 5pm.

Here is a link to The Oil Patch's information:

http://national.citysearch.com/profile/356...nd=smx_ypnat-nc

Was there racing last night (Thursday) at RGS? Lots of rain yesterday and last night in El Valle. A race fan in Brownsville would like to know that answer and car counts as he is planning a trip to McAllen both tonight and Saturday night. I haven't seen any updated info posted on this site or the RGS forum.

Thanks.

Just a fan.

Got I-Stock?

Spreen Racing Engines would like to Congratulate TJ Hutson and crew on their A Main Sports Mod Feature win!!! We really enjoyed working with Crew Chief Eddie Morin on their Engine Package. Great Job on a successful season!!!

We would also like to Congratulate James and Brandon Blaylock and team on finishing 2nd and 3rd in the Sports Mod A main.

Congratulations to Chris Swenson from Swenson Racing Chassis on his A Main Modified Win!!!

Greg Spreen

Spreen Racing Engines

I did, so I'm really not suprised, but I really thought there would be more Sport Mods. The other part of the rumor was that there were very few out-of-towners. More like a local show than the big show it used to be. It's a shame, but you're right Jay, "times are a changin'".

Sure hope this event will be run next year

For those who were unable to come--you missed out on some good racing

with a very good pay out--down the line---we run 5th and got $ 1,000 bucks

The race was very competitive and well run with only a few minor "GRUDGE"

pushng and shoving and I guess that is expected---

Tech was well run and rules enforced--couple of D Q s for compression

ALL in ALL---A GREAT SHOW

I think that next year--run a 2 day show and you will see that car count up--

lotta guys can get off for the 3 day show--

Big Al

Thanks for a great weekend, both Chris & I had fun & that's what it is all about. Great competition with clean racing. We came back to Boerne with only minor damage to our quarters after what we figure was about 230 laps with both cars. That is remarkable ! It also is credit to all the drivers, everyone drove hard & drove good lines !!! To the promoters, thanks for your hospitality , & for sticking to your commitments. We know that your purse was designed for more than 80 cars, but your paid what you posted. I hope that is not forgotten by the racers. We will be back next year & I hope that the word gets out about your commitment to racing in South Texas. Thanks Again for a great weekend. Swenson Racing - Chris & Gary

Archived