'Dega farce and other worthless junk

rebelracewriter

You know, when I used to go to NASCAR races, I rated how good the races were by how many and how big the wrecks were. I positioned myself in the corners where the most wrecks happened. I have photos that are just unbelievable, and the newspaper published them every time. But now that I am a racer, I hate to see the wrecks, I like to see the battles. But, wrecks sell, so NASCAR will encourage them. Maybe we can loose another ICON in the sport so NASCAR can grow. Or better yet, lets put Brain France and Mike Hitler in a car and the first driver to wreck them wins.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I AGREE WITH THE WRECKS PART. FIRST RACE I SAW NEWMAN SIDEWAYS IN THE GRASS AND MY CHEEKS PUCKERED HOPING HE WOULDNT GET AIRBORNE AND WRECK. IT IS A DANGEROUS SPORT AND A TRUE RACER APPRECIATES A GOOD SAVE MORE THAN A WRECK OR A CLEAN PASS RATHER THAN A SPIN.

sorry to disagree mark. i don't care what level you are at , a wreck is a wreck and it still hurts no matter who is paying for the cars. ask hamlin.

What happened to racers going to a racetrack to "race" and not to "follow a set of rules"?

They aren't "follow a set of rules drivers".

It isn't a follow a set of rules track.

It isn't a follow a set of rules car.

They aren't a set of follow a set of rules tires.

It isn't a follow a set of rules engine.

NA$CAR please let the racers race.

sorry to disagree mark. i don't care what level you are at , a wreck is a wreck and it still hurts no matter who is paying for the cars. ask hamlin.

SP,

Guess I was thinking of Stewie and a few others.

In one of the Texas races early on, Bo Petty who I believe is a nephew to Richard Petty had a car that was sponsored by Three Stooges Beer and I believe Island Oasis, got trashed during qualifying. The driver wrecked the car so bad they had to cut him out of the car. Bo was heard to ask him if he was ok, followed by; "dont worry about it we couldnt have bought the airtime you are getting us" Also Monday morning on the front page of sports section was a picture of the car plus story. The pic showed the hood popped up and "targa top" cut into the racecar.

I have also heard several crew chiefs tell their drivers "it's time for some airtime" when they are running in the back.

I dont think that every driver has the mentality of not caring. But with butterball he has nothing to loose, he is signed for next year...(As an owner) watch how many cars get wrecked by him...

Mark

I heard on ESPN last night that Carl Edwards wanted to try to start some fist-a-cuffs with harvick Thursday regarding KH's comments Sunday about the BIG ONE II. he approached KH and as KH was walking away, he grabbed him by the shoulder, in doing this, KH shoved Cousin Carl onto the hood of the #33 Busch (100.00 more dollars for me!!) car, KH's winnabego driver got hold of Mr. Ed in a headlock only to be restrained by on-lookers.

Sorry, Ed, Harvick won't take your mouthing off, he's a hot-head too!!!!!

I heard on ESPN last night that Carl Edwards wanted to try to start some fist-a-cuffs with harvick Thursday regarding KH's comments Sunday about the BIG ONE II. he approached KH and as KH was walking away, he grabbed him by the shoulder, in doing this, KH shoved Cousin Carl onto the hood of the #33 Busch (100.00 more dollars for me!!) car, KH's winnabego driver got hold of Mr. Ed in a headlock only to be restrained by on-lookers.

Sorry, Ed, Harvick won't take your mouthing off, he's a hot-head too!!!!!

Um, sounds like that MotorHome Driver has additional responsibilities!

Archived