‘DW’ part of TSRS ‘DW 75’ revealed

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MAN Racing Promotions, 512.844.3582

‘DW’ part of TSRS ‘DW 75’ revealed

Austin, TX (September 19, 2008) - This weekend will be a celebration of sorts in Central Texas racing.

The racing community will celebrate the resumption of local racing and the start of the last two weekends of the local racing “regular season” at Thunderhill Raceway ( Kyle , TX ).

It was released earlier that Saturday’s feature race for TSRS (Texas Super Racing Series) late models, the premier late model touring series in Texas , would be called the “DW 75.”

While NASCAR fans could certainly draw the conclusion to former NASCAR champion and current FOX broadcaster Darrell “DW” Waltrip, TSRS owner/founder Mary Ann Naumann (who’s also the owner/promoter at Thunderhill Raceway) explained the honor was something a bit more local.

'The 'DW' stands for Deb Williams, who has been invaluable to our staff, both for TSRS and THR,' Naumann stated. 'However, I'm using Deb as the 'figurehead' for every person on the THR and TSRS staff. A lot of people have put in a lot of time, blood and sweat to make this a great year at Thunderhill Raceway and with TSRS. So, the name of the race may be Deb's but the meaning is to celebrate and thank everyone who's toiled for the local race scene this season.'

THR will host races both this Saturday and next weekend during the 2008 AllState Texas Stock Car Spectacular, scheduled for Sept. 26-27 at the 3/8th-mile asphalt oval track. The TSRS series will run both weekends, including the “Deb Williams 75” this Saturday night.

Information on TSRS can be found at www.manracingpromotions.com. Information about THR can be found at www.thunderhillraceway.com.

- 30 –

Thanks, everyone. It was certainly a surprise to me - and an honor. I've never had a race named for me, even though I've been around it for 25+ years - and I'm only 38 years old (I wish).

I'll be glad to sing the National Anthem tomorrow, if I can get the rest of the tower crew to join me. Chuck, Bobby, Rick, Kathy, etc., are y'all in?

Again, I'm very honored by this gesture from Mary Ann, Chuck and the wonderful staff of THR and TSRS.

Archived