Thunderhill Raceway Schedule of Events

Shown below is the Thunderhill Raceway Schedule of Events for the Allstate Texas Stock Car Spectacular that will be held from Thursday, September 25, through Saturday, September 27. To print the schedule, click and download the PDF file at the bottom.

post-29-1221754174_thumb.jpg

post-29-1221754234_thumb.jpg

post-29-1221754259_thumb.jpg

PRINT SCHEDULE: THR2008SpectacularScheduleRev.pdf

Is it a typo that the Grand Stocks Qualify on Saturday?

Mike,

Regarding your question, I'm trying to contact Roy to discuss it with him. We simply do not have a spare minute left in Saturday's schedule. We had originally scheduled the NasKarts to run on Friday night, but I understand that it was not feasible for y'all to run then. So, we squeezed y'all into Saturday's agenda. I realize we've been scheduling heat races during the the last half of the season, but this race is a special event with lots of classes scheduled to run on Saturday. The normal scheduling process has been adjusted in many ways. It has been a scheduling nightmare for the THR staff.

If you have a contact number for Roy, please have him call me to discuss. I've already sent him an e-mail, but haven't heard back from him.

Jody Wayne,

No, the second round of Qualifying for the Grand Stocks is not a typo. Since they are having two separate feature events (one on Friday and one on Saturday), we starting over with a clean slate on Saturday.

I guess it helps if you read it in its entirety. Thanks Hottness.

Greg,

Please contact Jack Sandefur, our Technical Director, at 512-281-5489, to see if it's possible to adapt your cars to the THR rules.

I'd love to see my friends from CCS again, but it's not my decision to make.

If you race with the local classes, e.g., ASA A-Line Super Stocks, Thunder Stock or Grand Stocks, there is no entry fee. There is a one-time registration fee of $50 per car.

You're welcome, Jody Wayne. And save me a BBQ plate from the Lone Oak VFD Picnic to pick up on my way back from Austin on Sunday! I saw your name on the "Kitchen Help" list - scary thought!!

Ha ha. They give me a good soap and drenchin' with the fire truck before they let me serve food. Those guys have come to a lot of my family member's Rescue over the years. Not to mention, free beer while serving. HOLLA. I'll be on duty at 3. Try to make it before then. ;)

Greg,

I talked to Jack earlier this evening about the CCS cars. He said he hasn't received any phone calls regarding CCS cars at the Spectacular. However, he did say that these cars must comply fully with the current class rules to compete in the Spectacular. Since it's the last points' race of the season, he needs to make sure it's a fair playing field for all of the current THR drivers.

Again, if you think you can adapt your cars to comply and have technical questions about the rules, please call Jack Sandefur (telphone number above).

last time i checked (granted that was 3 years ago) that would take quiet a bit of changing. so that's a NO to the ccs cars..

if we had a vote mine is let them run on their goodyears , heads up with just the gear change , springs and shocks if they want.

We're drawing for position with the top six qualifiers, including the Last Chance qualifiers on Saturday. The remainder of the field will be lined up in qualifying order, similar to the TSRS Late Model lineups. Remember, the top qualifier in each class will get five bonus points, with another five bonus points if he/she breaks the track record.

Hey Deb, coming from Corpus and wondering if the grandstands will be available for viewing of practice at around noon time Friday, have a bunch of people coming making a weekend out of it.

we use to drop jessies mom off when we would get there around noon ..they always let her go up in the stands ...

Archived