OFFICIAL TPS RESULTS @ THR

Thunderhill Raceway - TPS Race # 9 - August 30, 2008

Finish- Car # r Driver/Hometown - Car Type/Engine CC - {Heat 1} - <Heat 2> - Feature Race Laps

1--- 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX Ford Mustang/2340-arca {1} … … 20 Laps

2--- 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX VW Scirocco/1690 … <2> … 20 Laps

3--- 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX VW Rabbit/2042 {3} … … 20 Laps

4--- 7 Jesse Sandoval/Corpus Christi Ford Pinto/2338-arca {2} … … 20 Laps

5--- 56 Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX VW Sedan/1835 {4} … … 20 Laps

6--- 18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX VW Karmen Ghia/2275 {5} … … 20 Laps

7--- O4 r Nathan Robbins/Bastrop, TX Ford Pinto/ {7} … … 20 Laps

8--- 72 Candi Hogan/Cedar Park, TX VW Sedan/2160 … <5> … 19 Laps

9--- 66 Ariel Arredondo/Corpus Christi,TX Ford Taurus/2030 … <6> … 19 Laps

10--- 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX VW Scirocco/1870 … <7> … 19 Laps

11--- 9 J ® James Burrows/Yorktown, TX Ford Fusion/2338-svo D {8} … … 19 Laps

12--- 28 ® Lisa Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Pinto/2338 {6} … … 19 Laps

13--- 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1780 … <8> … 19 Laps

14--- 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX Ford Mustang/2338-svo … <4> … 18 Laps

15--- 94 M Adam McCosh/Cibolo,TX VW Rabbit/1780 … <9> … 17 Laps

16--- 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Cobra/2345-arca … <1> … 10 Laps

17--- 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX Ford Mustang/2338 {9} … … 3 Laps

18--- 3 ® Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1780 … <3> … 1 Lap

dna- 27 Bill Labarge/Bryan, TX BMW/2313 … …

dna- 84 J ® Josh Cournoyer/Wichita Falls, TX Ford Pinto/2338 … …

dna- 46 ® Mark Rahn/San Antonio, TX Chevrolet Cobalt/2232 … …

dna- 23 J.J. Osburn III./Converse, TX Ford Pinto/2338 … …

dna- 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX 2001 VW Sedan/1588 … …

dna- 55 John Miesen/Marion, TX VW Sedan/2332 … …

dna- 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1870

Note: Heat #2 Results changed on 8/31/08 re: finishing positions 4 and 8.

Margin of Victory - .50 sec .. dna-did not arrive .. r-eligible for 2008 TPS "Rookie Of The Year" Award

Penalty note: #66 penalized one finishing position for passing after move down instruction was issued by scanner.

Sponsors:

Richard & Bea Villanueva of San Antonio

Nelson Skinner, Attorney at Law of San Antonio

Express Jet Airlines thru: Jim Nides

TPS thanks Thunder Hill Raceway for hosting this 9th race of the TPS 2008 season.

TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2008 REMAINING SCHEDULE (Subject to Change, Additions, Deletions)

Race … Track Remarks

Sep 27 … Thunder Hill Raceway Time Trials, 33 Lap Feature @ THR "Stock Car Spectacular"

Oct 18 … Red River Speedway/Wichita Falls Time Trials, LC Race, 50 Lap Feature Race (final 2008 TPS event)

Nov 8 … 2008 TPS Awards Dinner (6:30pm) Earl Abel's Restaurant, 1201 Austin Highway, San Antonio

2008 TPS POINTS (after August 30)

Position Car # Driver Hometown Points

1--- 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX 133

2--- 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX 112

3--- 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX 102

4--- 7 Jesse Sandoval/Corpus Christi 99

5--- 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX 89

6--- 27 Bill Labarge/Bryan, TX 85

7--- 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX 72

8--- 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX 54

9--- 28 ® Lisa Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX 50

10-- 56 Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX 49

11-- 3 ® Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX 48

12-- 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX 41

13-- 84 J ® Josh Cournoyer/Wichita Falls, TX 38

14-- 94 M Adam McCosh/Cibolo,TX 27

15-- 18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX 26

16-- 46 ® Mark Rahn/San Antonio, TX 24

17-- 85 Ja Lane/Katy, TX 20

18-- 72 Candi Hogan/Cedar Park, TX 17

19-- 4 ® David Wright/Wichita Falls, TX 17

20-- 24 ® Jody Wayne Stuart, San Antonio 15

21-- 23 J.J. Osburn III./Converse, TX 11

22-- 86 ® Michael Deschenes/Kansas City, MO 11

23-- 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX 9

24-- 9 ® Bobby Burrows/Yorktown, TX 9

25-- 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX 6

26-- 55 John Miesen/Marion, TX 6

27-- 31 ® Brooks Payne/Wichita Falls, TX 6

28-- 66 Ariel Arredondo/Corpus Christi,TX 5

29-- 9 J ® James Burrows/Yorktown, TX 5

30-- O4 ® Nathan Robbins/Bastrop, TX 4

31-- 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX 0

32-- 29 Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX 0

33-- 10 Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX 0

Note: - Ties broken by best finish in last race

® Eligible for 2008 TPS "Rookie of the Year" Award

Drivers without 2008 TPS Points:

01 ® Mike O'Connor/Weatherford, TX

5 ® Gage Guevara/Corpus Christi, TX

14 ® Will Robertson/Corpus Christi, TX

19 Lloyd Hart/San Antonio, TX

54 ® Mike Cooper/Wichita Falls, TX

74 John Wasek/Austin, TX

84 H ® Hank Cournoyer/Wichita Falls, TX

Official TPS Results & Points Certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

210/655-3222 office

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

Note: Point standings corrected from 131 to 133 points re: #70 Mike Merrell.

For additional information about TPS please visit: www.texasprosedans.com/

Thanks Neil for the purse that you secured for the final 2 races, they are great!

I would like to apologize again to # 7 Jesse and his team for the incidental contact, witch because of the yellow flag (all involved rule) put us at the back of the field.

Sergio

Thanks Neil for the purse that you secured for the final 2 races, they are great!

I would like to apologize again to # 7 Jesse and his team for the incidental contact, witch because of the yellow flag (all involved rule) put us at the back of the field.

Sergio

I was not surprised when jessie said he wasnt mad at you .... he knows you are one heck of a driver .... he knows being bunched up like that things happen .. he was just plain old happy the car ran good . Funny thing jessie brought up putting yellow on the car friday ..i said no .you said yes ..lol ......so ill be looking for some today .....last night may have been our last tps race ...if so its been a pleasure raceing against you and others ....

OT I hope not that car was moving, but something didn't sound right after a while in the feature, hope its not terminal. Thanks for the purses for the final 2 races, and I got the e-mails at both places.

NOPE NOTHING WRONG WITH THE 7 ..BROKEN HEADER ...VERY HAPPY WITH THE WAY THE CAR RAN EVERY LAP IT WAS PICKING UP SPEED .DRIVER WAS WORN PLUM OUT LOL. ... MUSHY LEGS YOU MAY SAY .....THE CARB LAID DOWN ON JESSIE SOME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HEAT RACE . BUT DIDNT THINK THAT COST HIM A WIN ..TOM HAD A GOOD CAR AND DROVE IT FOR ALL ITS WORTH . JESSIE NEEDED TO HAVE THE OUTSIDE LANE . THAT WAS TAKEN .. :D ..FUN RACE TO LOSE . IF THERE WAS A BETTER SEAT TO WATCH THAT RACE SERGIO IN THIRD HAD IT .... .......

ID LIKE TO THANK LALO FOR COMEING OVER AND HELPING OUT .TWO CARS BEING WORKED ON WITH LIMITED TIME AT THE SAME TIME WITH JUST FOUR OF US WAS MURDER . AND THANKS TO EVERYONE ELSE THAT STEP IN IF I MISSED ANY ..

.....last night may have been our last tps race ...if so its been a pleasure raceing against you and others ....

Old Timer,

I hope I read this wrong. Last night may have been your last TPS race......Tell me I read that wrong.

I was going to post that the most improved TPS on the track last night was none other than the #7 of Jesse Sandoval. He ran well all night and I thought for a while the feature could have been his.

post-3-1220217132_thumb.jpg

TPS Results and Points calculation corrections:

#70 Mike Merrell officially has 133 points (not 131).

#22 Ozzie Osburn placed 4th in Qual Heat 2 (not 8th)

#71 Bruce Mabrito placed 8th in Qual Heat 2 (not 4th)

Please pencil in these correction in your records.

"My bad" - from doing this work at midnight Sunday.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

$275 TO GO RACE WON FIRST RACE HAD A FLAT RUNNING 2 FIXED THE #7 CARB. THATS PRICELESS L.O.L.

i asked you to clean it .not find something wrong ..but im glad you were there.kinda funny how we all thought it was a fireing problem at first ..i owe you two sparkys lol ..... Sergio lalos bbq is great ..racen you guys is the priceless part ..i know you drive a fwd and we are not suppose to like each other. but man i just cant help it ..i like you ..Sounds mushy doesnt it .. . i believe tom came over to jessie after that heat .and said something like.. Jessie did i give you enough room .thats something to say right there .mans leading a race trying like hell to beat you .and was worried if he gave the other driver enough racen room ..gotta love it ..

Had a blast last night, missed all the good people in TPS, ran fast in practice, but made a change in setup for heat race and went the wrong way, pushed like a freight train, came from back in feature to about 6th and spun. Oh well thats racing. And Lalo you are right spending the day with fellow TPS racers, and eating your good BBQ is priceless. See ya'll next race.

Believe it or not, I found that race to be a lot of fun. Just need to get the carb fixed (and go to the gym and lift some weights), and that 94 car will fly. :lol:

Btw, what was that about dwindling car counts? B)

watch out for the flying part . as for working out with wieghts ... i have aboult five pounds here .that should just aboult put you at your max liftabuility .....i see you needed a push start .... lisa broke a clutch cable and needed a push start .. she got some beef over it dureing and after the race ...what was your problem and thanks for taken the time to come over and say high ..

Adam - (aka Pipsqueak)

2008 TPS Rules contain the following self starting requirement on page 6: "The starter motor must be functional for the start of competition and for P & G engine displacement measurement. Non-functional starters may be black flagged."

It appears that not all TPS Crew Chiefs are fully aware of this rule. Now that they are aware, I am confident they will apply their expert mechanical abilities to insure compliance of their respective car(s) and avoid TPS Officials having to make the hard call to issue a black flag.

If any TPS car owner needs further reasoning for this self starting requirement, please call me and I will elaborate the reasons.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

Believe it or not, I found that race to be a lot of fun. Just need to get the carb fixed (and go to the gym and lift some weights), and that 94 car will fly. :lol:

Btw, what was that about dwindling car counts? B)

watch out for the flying part . as for working out with wieghts ... i have aboult five pounds here .that should just aboult put you at your max liftabuility .....i see you needed a push start .... lisa broke a clutch cable and needed a push start .. she got some beef over it dureing and after the race ...what was your problem and thanks for taken the time to come over and say high ..

Lol, gotta start somewhere. I didn't really need a push start I was just having issues finding 1st gear, I think. The push I needed after the race was because of a dead battery. It lasted just long enough.

Adam (aka Pipsqueak): You wrote, "Btw, what was that about dwindling car counts?".

For the record, on August 30 at Thunderhill Raceway, the Texas Pro Sedans started eighteen (18) cars in their Feature Race.

Randy Lee (aka Txtwister): You wrote, "Top Dog. Shame one you for pretending its about the money."

Randy: It may not about the money for you, but TPS has higher aspirations in obtaining favorable track contracts and sponsors to supplement the purse at most of our races, ie:

September 27 @ THR - $3,630 purse with $500 to win.

October 18 @ Red River Speedway - $6,100 purse with $1,000 to win,

The Race Bulletins and posted purses are available on www.TexasProSedans.com

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Adam (aka Pipsqueak): You wrote, "Btw, what was that about dwindling car counts?".

For the record, on August 30 at Thunderhill Raceway, the Texas Pro Sedans started eighteen (18) cars in their Feature Race.

Randy Lee (aka Txtwister): You wrote, "Top Dog. Shame one you for pretending its about the money."

Randy: It may not about the money for you, but TPS has higher aspirations in obtaining favorable track contracts and sponsors to supplement the purse at most of our races, ie:

September 27 @ THR - $3,630 purse with $500 to win.

October 18 @ Red River Speedway - $6,100 purse with $1,000 to win,

The Race Bulletins and posted purses are available on www.TexasProSedans.com

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Just curious, but in comparison to the other classes how big were we? Biggest, second biggest, etc?

Adam (aka Pipsqueak): You asked - "Just curious, but in comparison to the other classes how big were we? Biggest, second biggest, etc"?

Referencing the Official Feature Race Results posted by Kathy Tieman and Debbie Williams on TexasSpeedZone.com, the answer is:

THR Thunder Stocks - 20

THR A-Line Super Stocks - 19

Texas Pro Sedans - 18

Texas Super Racing Series - 17

THR Grand Stock - 17

NASKARTS - 14

Allison Legacy - 7

Opinion - Total cars in all classes at Thunderhill Raceway on August 30 was - 112 That is an outstanding car count given the economy, gas and diesel prices and a rain threatened holiday weekend with 98,000 football fans just up I-35 at the Texas vs Florida Atlantic game at the same time.

DAWN - You need to take note of these figures.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Archived