A Few More Pieces of the Puzzle

Budman

I recently came across this internet site. It contains a few more little pieces of the big puzzle of Texas Racing History. This guy has undertaken a huge project. When you get there page down to the lower left and click "browse by track". A long list of race tracks will appear. Scan down the page to the various TX tracks. If you truly have an interest in Texas Racing History, you're going to find some of those old lists, incomplete as they may be, very interesting. Look for tracks such as Arlington Downs, Arrowhead, Corpus-Christi, Longhorn, Meyer, Pan-American, others.

Here is your .................... LINK

Great find Buddy. I was lost on that sight for hours checking out all the places I had been to in the past. Someone did a lot of research on this and deserves a ton of kudos. :)

Yep, Dano ........ some fascinating stuff there. I was looking at the old Ascot Park track in California. Can you imagine sitting in the stands on a Saturday night at a sprint car race where the top 5 finishers in a 30 lap feature were Foyt, McCluskey, Andretti, Larson and B. Unser. Rutherford ran 10th. Absolutely incredible, and no one there at the time realized what they were watching. November 13th, 1965.

Archived