A TIME TO REVIEW

Budman

When I think back on all the photos I've seen posted in this section, and there are a lot of great ones, to me, two in particular come to mind. The first of these is for its dramatic impact. If I were to give the photo a title, I'd call it THE SPIRIT OF RACING. The photo like few others I've ever seen, conveys the senses of motion, speed, danger, intensity and drama of competition.

post-1274-1220068043_thumb.jpg

tell them where his right hand really is buddy. that is my favorite to. it's my screen saver.

The second is for its historical content. Those old modified coupes still reign first in my heart. The drivers are two of the greats in all of Texas short track history. Both went on the top ranks in racing, although for one of them, it was all too short a ride. Foyt and Wade.

post-8338-1220164045_thumb.jpg

I'd have to say the Pan American Speedway pictures are my favorites. PAS was my first exposure to racing, and I can't think of a better place for a kid's first trip (the parade road right in front of the stands, the variety of cars at the time, etc.).

No way I could pick an specific photo from all those, though...

• 6 months later...

The Foyt/Wade pic seems to have left us. Replaced by a red x.

But, that's only one of what appears to be hundreds of missing pics from this History Section.

Those are irreplaceble photos, gathered on here from many over several years for all to share and enjoy.

How very, very sad. :(

I do hope the forum management will make it a priority to attempt to recover these priceless pics.

The Foyt/Wade pic seems to have left us. Replaced by a red x.

But, that's only one of what appears to be hundreds of missing pics from this History Section.

Those are irreplaceble photos, gathered on here from many over several years for all to share and enjoy.

How very, very sad. :(

I do hope the forum management will make it a priority to attempt to recover these priceless pics.

As I have explained in several other posts, the pictures are all recovered. The problem is that the software upgrade did not anticipate that someone had made changes to the way the software normally points to attachments in the database. So when the upgrade was installed the "pointer" pointed to someplace other than the software expected. We have contacted the software vendor about this. Hopefully they are working on the problem

If all else fails, we will be putting up a huge pic gallery and make the announcement that folks can find their favorites pics in that gallery. But.. we'd much prefer that the "pointer" problem be resolved so that all the pics posted before December 2008 would be available as in the past.

Sorry for this problem.

Nick

Thanks Nick, I was begining to get real nervous, being that I have recently wiped out some pic's and documents with the new Vista.

Budman, your still the d-man with the thread "Old Modified and Super Modified pic's wanted"

• 2 weeks later...

My vote goes to the Pan Am sections/threads. When we raced there I had no idea how much it would mean to me later. I mean we had it made there. Some of my best friendships started back there. Nick Holt didn't have any grey hair then. Bruce Mabrito was famous then. I wouldn't have joined TXSZ if not for the Pan Am stuff.

I still don't have any gray hair, Mike. I go to the beauty shop once a week and have them color some of that dark brown hair white.

And Bruce Mabrito is still famous. At least in my eyes he is... But he does have gray hair and that's why I go to the beauty shop - so he won't feel so bad about how old he looks.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My vote goes to the Pan Am sections/threads. When we raced there I had no idea how much it would mean to me later. I mean we had it made there. Some of my best friendships started back there. Nick Holt didn't have any grey hair then. Bruce Mabrito was famous then. I wouldn't have joined TXSZ if not for the Pan Am stuff.

I still don't have any gray hair, Mike. I go to the beauty shop once a week and have them color some of that dark brown hair white.

And Bruce Mabrito is still famous. At least in my eyes he is... But he does have gray hair and that's why I go to the beauty shop - so he won't feel so bad about how old he looks.

Nick

Hey Nick, I sure hope you are not paying that beauty shop a lot of money. I hate to see people get gyped. :lol:

Archived