Thunderhill Raceway results, 8/09/08

I remember when Henry Witt was winning the IMCA Championship all the time and he would race two tracks the same night he would have a car at bellmead and a car at stephenville and bellmead would run their features first and stephenville last so he could make both races. Then when IMCA stepped in and said you could only claim one race a night the tracks in the area went to running friday, sat, sun to help him out. I remember one night in stephenville they actually held the races up waiting on him to get there and they got there got in the car and finished second or first. So its not an uncommon practice I think it is neat that the teams are doing what they are doing to help the local racer.

Josh, this is only about 90% factual.....

True, Henry would try to run to races a night Bellmead and 281(Stephenville) His brother would helicopter him back and forth between tracks and tracks would try to accomodate him by running features first or last for him to make both shows.

The IMCA Super Sunday Series was already in place and only a 10 races series.....so tracks didn't actually just jump up and start running Sunday's.

IMCA has since modified and remodified(no pun intended) it's system to be more equal for north guys that have the opportunity to run 4x a week(though fewer than everyone thinks actually do), and south guys that start earlier in the year.

There were other things Henry tried, like pack and park to keep his points average lower and start closer to the front, having multiple cars that would pull off, etc.

All this being said.......I'd consider Henry and I friends, but I NEVER agreed with the games he played to win a championship.

I never liked it when SAS/Brandon would play the similar points games......ask Deb, she and I used to go round and round about it on sa360.com. Never had anything against Brandon and consider him a friend as well.

So needless to say I'm not a supporter of THR/Cary doing the same thing. I met Cary for the first time a few weeks ago and he's a great driver, nice guy with a good head on his shoulders. He isn't a multi-time track champion for no reason.

Now here's my arguement.....

Do you know as a TRUE FACT that others are doing it, or just ASSUMING this for the sake of doing it? I think it would be easy enough to check in the new "information age" we live in to look at the results from the other guys tracks and see if lower class cars show up in different features.

Wouldn't it be kind of a hollow championship knowing you "manipulated" the points system to get the title and not raced for it? This is one of the points I argued with Henry all the time. I felt he was good enough, with good enough equipment to win a title with his racing, not playing the points game.

OK ........go ahead chop away.....might as well, everyone else is......

Ok Nick, I guess I'll have to paint my car red and black for next season with 2 big double Ts on it. :D Moving the daughter up there next weekend.

It only took me a day or two to figure out what in the world you were talking about.

20. 7 Rodney Rodriguez Round Rock, Texas Tech Infraction -- to light/to low

Nick

Now here's my arguement.....

Do you know as a TRUE FACT that others are doing it, or just ASSUMING this for the sake of doing it? I think it would be easy enough to check in the new "information age" we live in to look at the results from the other guys tracks and see if lower class cars show up in different features.

I've been watching the results pretty closely. The only thing I've noticed is one of the tracks running features on Saturday and then running the premier class again on Sunday.

Another track has run "twin 50s" in one night on a couple of occasions. I'm not sure if they count as 2 feature events or not.

I've been watching the results pretty closely. The only thing I've noticed is one of the tracks running features on Saturday and then running the premier class again on Sunday.

Another track has run "twin 50s" in one night on a couple of occasions. I'm not sure if they count as 2 feature events or not.

Points taken........but, those guys still have run the race(s) AND score a top finish to keep their points average up....correct? If they wreck/break/finish bad it hurts them.....correct?

Points taken........but, those guys still have run the race(s) AND score a top finish to keep their points average up....correct? If they wreck/break/finish bad it hurts them.....correct?

Yes sir, you are correct.

Yep, and I even searched out this....... http://www.speednetdirect.com/news.php?id=8697

Don't misunderstand me Cary....I'd love to see you win the title, and will be one of the first to congratulate you for your accomplishment....you have proven to be one of, if not, the best driver at THR over the past few years.

check your pms.

not knocking cary or anybody was just stating what i saw i say go all the way was just wondering if anybody saw it the same way . with all the help the stapps have given us i coulndnt see a better candidate for a national champion. come on 50 what u gotta say to that ;)

Never knew it was up to me to say anything...

with one other thing.. I know that the Stapps have never asked me to put my car in the race I just did...

Who knows maybe i will just run supers the rest of the year..

Never know.. will let the coin flip decide..

wow I missed that, they told me I was the UT car, what's up with that? must be why it was too light/too low.

Rodney (from Leander, Luling, Lockhart and NOW Round Rock!)

1) You ARE the UT car

2) Guess if you were too light, you need to put Bevo in your car for the next race.. :D:lol:;)

Who knows maybe i will just run supers the rest of the year..

Never know.. will let the coin flip decide..

Uhmmm...There may be other "factors" in your decision, Big A...such as

1) your wife

2) sponsors

3) your wife

4) $$ available to buy a new car/upgrade your current car

5) your wife

;):ph34r::blink:

Never knew it was up to me to say anything...

Never usually is, you just usually open your mouth & offer your opinion anyway! :lol::D;)

Archived