PRO4 RACE AT CC SPEEDWAY

txtwister

well if there are some of these cars in texas why havent you called them ...get a deal going between the track and those drivers and race ..btw thats a good price .but how good is that car ..whats the history and where did it race ..... price is one thing what your buying is another ..no pun here just asking ..i noticed it has a ford 9 inch ..not a quick change ..big differents ..

when i say they are all over the place i mean there are a lot of them (rollers) for sale cheap. im not interested in promoting, just trying to help. i believe a team makes a car what it is, not the car. you cant buy a win in racing. When we sold our TPS dominating championsship car, (the car with 6 feature wins and about 8 heat wins in 02) everyone expected it to do well but i dont think that car ever saw victory lane again. So when you ask "how good is that car" i ask "how good can you make it?" im really not being sarcastic, its the truth. I also belive there is no benefit to having a quick change if you only race at one track. A 685 in a quick change is the same as a 685 in a 9 inch. on the other hand, if you have 2 or 3 8 or 9 inch gears you can afford a quick change.

Any reason you use to not have a pro4 will be the reason you dont.

I believe Leemotorsports is about one of the most modest race teams around but i have to say that my father and brother who are "the team" are the unsung heroes behind the success of our racing career. They go unnoticed and all the credit goes to the "car". HELLO---------they built it. They are so modest that they will probably frown on me giving them credit in the public eye, but its a little frustrating hearing people constantly talk about how "good" the car is (that they know NOTHING about) instead of how priceless the team is that put it together and keeps it together.

Its not the quick change, tires, engine, carb, ignition, chasis, transmission, brakes, or clutch that makes a car what it is. Its the people that put it together, the ones that have the knowledge, the ones that make it turn, keep it running, and keep it reliable that make it what it is. We could give dads car to some people and they would, without a doubt, be successful. on the other hand there are some people that would not have a clue what to do if it developed a push.

new essslinger motor 10000.00 new

crankfire ignition 1500.00 new

4 wheel disc brakes 1200.00 new

late model body 1200.00 new

quick change rear end 1800.00 new

lighted gauges 300.00 new

4-10in tires 575.00

tristage paint 1000.00

a team that can fix any problem anytime-----------------------------priceless :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you catch your breath yet ..lol.. see yah on the 23.rd... ill add this ..you are interested in promoting ..otherwise you would not be trying to build this up ..randy i hope you can build it i think there is a place for those cars down here ..it would be fun seeing a load of these cooking around the local tracks ..as for quick change and 9 inch ..how much lighter is that quick change ...

Dang dude, you should work for NASCAR!!! I see advertising in your future, LOL! All good points (all replies). What are the chances of other driver's from other areas coming down to help with your promotions? This might help in many aspects of this potential class. From what I'm understanding from previous posts, you run in other states, couldn't THEY come down for a race or two? Before you answer that, are they a touring series? Either way, it's nice to see late models at CC, be it 4cyl or 8. BTW, very nice car and congratulations to you, your dad and brother (the unsung heroes).

Mini9 it depends, some are down sized, and some are purpose built.

They could be, but the big difference is quick changes allowed as well as engine is allowed to be setback 6".

They also run as previously mentioned 10" wheel and tires vs 8" in TPS. The weight rule is different, TPS is 1.1 LBS per CC. TPS is allowed some after market suspension parts, but have to keep OEM type spindles and brake systems with no adjustability from cockpit while race is under way. Pro 4 can have better braking systems, but with the OEM combo you can still come up with good braking, Leroy Farmer commented on his one night it about ripped the eyeballs out when he had to stand on the brakes he had. Like Randy said a gear is a gear, only thing about a quick change is the availability of gear ratios and ease of changing them. With the older quick changes you actually lost some horse power in a quick change due to the additional friction of the added gears, not to mention the extra weight.

Although the rules are certainly different in key areas, the fact is that the Pro-4 class is seen as a alternative to the TPS class as well as the four-cylinder class currently running at CC Speedway. While I understand that not everyone is 100% pleased with the TPS rules and/or CC Speedway Thunder rules 100% of the time, trying to establish a new four-cylinder class during these difficult economic times seems counter-productive from my perspective.

In addition, the suggestion that folks currently competing in the "upper" divisions move to the Pro-4 class can't be generating a lot of support from the existing Late Model organizations.

Again, just my perspective.

Nick

It's a new class of race cars and I think it is going to take people some time to warm up to it. People generally want to go fast, not spend a lot of money, and have a nice looking car all at the same time. If it is an alternative to anything, it is an alternative to spending $50K on a race car and not necessarily the TPS of the Thunders. What was TSRS when it started and where is it at now?

I think Randy and Dad just provided a blueprint for what it take be successful in this class. I hope it succeeds, I really do. Californian's know what it’s like to be in an economic crunch and they are successful there. I don't think them running at CC would or should be any different. If anything, the Pro-4 car(s) don't get enough respect and some of the late models won't admit that they are just as fast, if not faster. I think there is an over rationalization that in order to go fast (be the fastest out there), you have to spend more money. Oh, and there is the typical, "They are just 4 cylinders!". These cars aren't going to show up over night though, it's going to take some time.

Tim

HEY TIM HOW MANY RACES DID RANY WIN IN PRO FOUR BEFORE C.C.

The answer is none, but since you asked i will elaborate.

April 2003- 4 cylinder national event in california-----42 pro4s from 10 different states- qualified 5th(of 42)- was recognized as the longest haul of 1500 miles(some people call it the big bal_s)award. finished 15th. of 28 starting cars.

April 2006- The bullring at the Las Vegas Motorspeedway complex. qualified 3rd of 15 cars- spun on lap 2 moving for the lead. went to rear of field and finished 5th with no cautions.

Lalo, you know how it feels to win for the first time in a class, and do it at cc. Wasnt your first win in the TPS series here at cc. How long did you race with them before that win?

Were just having some fun racing cars.

Randy didn't you qualify 5th fastest ot Orange show one of your first times there, like at13.05 seconds?

yes- it was a 13.50-------the fastest qualifier was a 13.10

the car was so new that the paint was hardly dry. we made about 75 practice laps here at cc speedway before going. when we showed up we were running 14.50's. The priceless crew went to work and we shaved a whole second off. i didnt do my weather homework.....the air temp dropped about 20 degrees for the feature and needless to say the car got extremely tight. i will never forget the experience. it was awesome. it all happened too fast.

Although the rules are certainly different in key areas, the fact is that the Pro-4 class is seen as a alternative to the TPS class as well as the four-cylinder class currently running at CC Speedway. While I understand that not everyone is 100% pleased with the TPS rules and/or CC Speedway Thunder rules 100% of the time, trying to establish a new four-cylinder class during these difficult economic times seems counter-productive from my perspective.

In addition, the suggestion that folks currently competing in the "upper" divisions move to the Pro-4 class can't be generating a lot of support from the existing Late Model organizations.

Again, just my perspective.

Nick

come on Nick, your "perspective" is putting words im my mouth. I never mentioned that folks currently competing in the "upper" divisions move to the Pro-4 class. What i said was, and i quote

"Late model drivers who were tired of paying big money took an interest in the class and then it started to grow. "

Nick, i cant help but notice that you are a bit defensive about the Pro-4's. Seems like you always have a "reason" why the class shouldnt be here. I want to assure you that were not trying to take anything away from the TPS series. Thats why we scheduled "ALL" of our races on weekends when they were not running.

As far as the late model drivers, we dont want the ones currently running to stop, heck we love to watch them get after it.....its the best racing in the state. However some people cant afford to run with them and they are sitting in the bleachers like we were. TPS is an alternative (or cheaper if you may) route to racing a 4 cyl just like a pro-4 is a cheaper route to racing a Late Model.

With all due respect Nick, I would appreciate it if you wouldnt put the crosshairs on my forehead after i post.

HEY TIM HOW MANY RACES DID RANY WIN IN PRO FOUR BEFORE C.C.

That's funny Lalo, considering he has only been to 3 or 4 out of state Pro-4 races. I've never really understood why people ask a question that they already know the answer to. :D

But since we are on the subject of wins, how many Pro-4, Thunder and TPS wins do you have? That is definately a question that I don't know the answer to. :ph34r:

I know you are just pulling my chain, but I gotta pull back sometimes too. :lol:

Tim

come on Nick, your "perspective" is putting words im my mouth. I never mentioned that folks currently competing in the "upper" divisions move to the Pro-4 class. What i said was, and i quote

"Late model drivers who were tired of paying big money took an interest in the class and then it started to grow. "

Nick, i cant help but notice that you are a bit defensive about the Pro-4's. Seems like you always have a "reason" why the class shouldnt be here. I want to assure you that were not trying to take anything away from the TPS series. Thats why we scheduled "ALL" of our races on weekends when they were not running.

As far as the late model drivers, we dont want the ones currently running to stop, heck we love to watch them get after it.....its the best racing in the state. However some people cant afford to run with them and they are sitting in the bleachers like we were. TPS is an alternative (or cheaper if you may) route to racing a 4 cyl just like a pro-4 is a cheaper route to racing a Late Model.

With all due respect Nick, I would appreciate it if you wouldnt put the crosshairs on my forehead after i post.

I am not at all defensive and there are no cross hairs on anybody's forehead.

You have posted your opinion many times on Texas Speed Zone with only an occasional reply from me - sometimes in agreement and sometimes not - and do I not have the right to post my opinion on Texas racing issues? I think so, just like you do.

Also, if you would research the TXSZ archives, you will see that I have taken a very similar position whenever a "new Texas series" has been proposed or championed by someone. It's nothing personal with you or your fine family.

I honestly believe that the Pro-4 class - or a similar 4/6-cylinder class is going to be the way to go at some point in the future. Ricci Ware (Pan American Speedway) was way ahead of his time when he promoted a thriving four-cylinder class at both Paramount Speedway (Austin) and Pan AM back in the 70's. In fact, I co-owned one and have been an supporter of 4-cylinder racing ever since.

Nick

I will say this I don't have a "unsung heros team", I'm a one man team, I want to give my brothers, and family an E for trying their best to help me on what they can, I'd also like to thank Eddie Butt, for all his work, knowledge, and advice on my car, he has help me out alot on just about every car I have owned. Lalo has helped me out alot also I owe him alot, thanks Lalo. I don't have a 10k engine but I will try to compete, and most of all have fun. Not doing too bad considering what we have.This post is not to be conveyed as negative for I will support Ministocks for as long as I own one, whether it be TPS, or Pro 4's. See ya'll soon.

B) Boy look what happens when you don't get on here for a few days. Have been busy getting ready for the monster trucks this weekend. I have enjoyed cathing up on this thread. I think most of you know that I love the 4 cyl classes and they do very well at cc. I have put the Pro-4 Races on as to never be in conflict with the TPS and am not trying to pull drivers from any other series. As most of you know I have raced with the allison series since 2000. We have owned 5 of them from a new one at $16800 to a used one at $7500. So this class is a way to bring late model racing to cc at an affordable price. My grandfather always said "CAN'T never got anywhere" When it builds it will be a place for thunder car drivers to move up to just as bombers move up to purestocks and superstreet move up to late models or modifieds.

Archived