PRO4 RACE AT CC SPEEDWAY

txtwister

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not planning on stealing the thunder Randy, at least not with my little 180 hp 2.0, but I do know we can at least keep up with the little horsepower we have, plus running on 8'' tires and the wrong gear doesn't help either. The times we have pulled with this setup is pretty darn good considering. We are concentrating on TPS right now even though we have not made a race this year yet due to parts, waiting to get the car right before we make the LONG haul to Kyle, I'd rather race with 20 plus cars than 3 or 4. And for you Mike your welcome anytime at my house but watch out for this little 2.0 lol.

[ ARIAL]

ooh im shakeing ..lol .ive been wateing for you to rattle my windows . my guess is that little 180 hp 2.0 just dosent have what it takes to do so ...i notice your garrage door is always closed when i do my little drive by to take a peak at your progress ..........makes a person wonder if your just plain skeeeeeerd to race now ...or is there a secret to your madness ...

I understand that Ariel in bolting on a brand new head engineered by NASA engineeres and Roush Fenway Racing. Should be something to see!! NASA and Roush engineeres plan to be on hand to test and tune his motor.

yates racing builds roush motors...... yates engineers , not roush. nasa still does there own stuff.

[ ARIAL]

ooh im shakeing ..lol .ive been wateing for you to rattle my windows . my guess is that little 180 hp 2.0 just dosent have what it takes to do so ...i notice your garrage door is always closed when i do my little drive by to take a peak at your progress ..........makes a person wonder if your just plain skeeeeeerd to race now ...or is there a secret to your madness ...

Why do you have to peek for progress? Sounds like you're the one skeered! As for the shaking, that's just old age!! LOL

All joking aside, let's just get as many as we can on the track and let us viewers enjoy!!!

if randy wants to make the race watchable have him spend some money.[bolt some 8'' tires on]there is only one of those cars around.

..cost ..it really isnt the tires he has ..its more of the chassis .quick change rear end ..high dallor racen brakes ... 8000 plus 2.5 .. 500 to 700 pound lighter car ......a good set up man .a decent driver lol ... just alot of the best of everything to go fast racen parts .... we havent even tried to beat him this year .more testing and haven fun over trying to beat ..but we know he would have to have a problem for anyone of the local cars can beat him ...dont be fooled he hasnt put the hammer down on that car ..that car can run 13. s

You think 2 inches more tire isn't an advantage? You are extremely mistaken. I would bet it's atleast 6 tenths of a second.

no mistake ..they are faster .but that isnt everything that makes this car fast ..even on 8 inch he would still be faster than us ..alittle more even i would say ..but he isnt out there to slow his car down to fit our typ of car ..i would not exspect him to ..he is trying to build up that class .and good luck to him .but its slim ..and i have no illusion of going out with our car and beating him .. power wise we have what he has and maybe alittle more .chassis wise ..wieght wise .gearing wise .not even close ..we will go out with him on the track .for fun ..

You are right John, this has been a existing problem with ministocks and always will, there will never be level playing field with 4 to 5 different types of cars (rules). My car is similar to Randy's but not even close, you know this class "ministock's" in general has been a real pain in the a$$, that's why I have choosen to move up next year. Car is still for sale unless my dad buys it from me. Untill then I will not sink anymore money than I have to in this car. I also will race when I can for fun with the Pro 4's or TPS.

arial your right aboult rules and fareness with ministock . it isnt easy to even the field .but with that said.. and i say this on my own . for the first time in tps .i havent thought for one moment this year any one make has an outright advantage ..... look at the wins at both tracks and see what has won this year ... both ford and vw and bmw ..purty even so far ...we havent won one just yet .got close and id bet we will have one before the year is done ..but the cars are closer than i have ever seen them . just depends who is on that night and who isnt ..as for points in this searies ... the 70 is leading and he hasnt done it by flat out kicking butt ..he has had to drive his butt off as everyone else has ...neil changed some rules and that has helped ..the tecking has been great ..our luck well lol thats another story ...will be glad to see you on the track nomatter where it is ..

if randy wants to make the race watchable have him spend some money.[bolt some 8'' tires on]there is only one of those cars around.

Its not an 8 inch tire class. why do people gripe when a track slows a class down then turn around and make the same suggestion when someone utilizes all the rules. lol.

oldtimer- its not a 2.5 stroker its a 2.3

poorboy- your right, 10 inch tires make it faster- thats what they are intened to do.

Just a little info about the pro4's and their purpose. This class of cars started on the west coast and was not intended to be your "everyday", 4 cylinder class that every track has across america. It was intended to be an economic way to race cars with late model look and late model fractions. Now it was a chore getting the class started out west but when people stopped being intimidated by the cars and actually did some looking into the rules they started to realize that it didnt cost near as much as they thought. Another thing people realized was that these cars were the fastest cars on the track( but not the most expensive). Late model drivers who were tired of paying big money took an interest in the class and then it started to grow. From there came the fastest growing class in the nation(at the time). Late model times at 1/3 rd of the cost.

John, were are making it fair, we run by the same rules we offer everyone else. We want the class to go forward, not backwards. I believe Mr Rhoads had the same idea when he allowed slicks on your car. :blink:

Ariel- i hope you know i was just kidding about you "coming to steal the thunder." i wish you guys would support this deal, NASA can come watch too.

This is the class most rear wheel drives wanted to see, an all rear wheel drive class with very few rules.

Anyone who wants to come see how simple these cars are can come to our pit on the 23rd. You will probably see good quality parts, but most importantly you will meet a pretty good crew that knows what to do with them. And yes OT, a decent driver.

a lot of the thunder cars have a lot more than 2500.00 in their cars.

I made a trip to Dallas and found a complete late model pro4 roller less motor for 2500.00. i could have got it cheaper but it was already a steal. Here is another example of what is out there.

$2,500.00

turnkey ready to race. full tube chassis, ford 2300 powered,4 speed trans,holley 4412 carb (500 cfm),esslinger race cam,fully ported and polished , adj. cam gear and aluminum under drive pulley,mels ignition ,headers ,aluminum radiator,howe sway bar,

9" ford rear with 6.00 gears coil over suspension all 4 corners, tubular a frames,

,brake bias,longacre gages,fiberglass hood,roof and trunk. body is all aluminum with avg.racing bumps and bruises.call for more info.

4075863581758-mini-latemodel-pro-4.jpg

well if there are some of these cars in texas why havent you called them ...get a deal going between the track and those drivers and race ..btw thats a good price .but how good is that car ..whats the history and where did it race ..... price is one thing what your buying is another ..no pun here just asking ..i noticed it has a ford 9 inch ..not a quick change ..big differents ..

Randy I was just letting some one else know that 10 inch tires are faster than 8 inch tires. It does't matter to me. I hope Pro 4's succeed and get 10 cars soon. The thunder cars don't catch fan attention or the attention of possible new racers. This is not an opening for an argument just my opinion.

Archived