pro-truck 100 lap on 7/26/08

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any thought on maybe putting on a race like this for TSRS type latemodels? I'm sure atleast 10 or 12 cars would show without a problem.

There was some talk about that on here at the beginning of the season. There didn't seem to be much interest if it was a non-TSRS event.

I remember when Owen had a race for $4000 for TSRS type late models and I think only about 9 of them showed up. And about 3 of those were locals that pulled their cars out of the weeds just to run. If the trucks won't run for $1000 then what will they run for? I have always considered getting a truck but I don't think I will ever get to race it against a full feild.

It's definately a sad day when we can't get more trucks for a special event. I'm personally not going to pull down there for a 5 truck 100 lap shootout, talk about a boring event. I fell sorry for the promoter at CC and the sponsor of the event that tried to pull this together. We've got all these trucks that run and nobody wants to come out and race.

(Jim your excluded from this, we undertand your deal. Get better)

B) I talked with rusty this morning and he and I feel we will have 10 maybe 12 trucks, Not all players get on txsz I guess thats why phones are still so popular. Dolly is about to hit the coast south of here and we have not seen any frogs drowning as yet. The race is still on and the weather looks clear for fri nite and sat.The track will be green and clean. Looking forward to seeing all my trucks and meeting the ones I have not.Welcome home boys.

Mike,

Can we get a schedule of events posted. How are we going to qualify for starting spots? Are we going to draw a number or run a qual lap? What times will each event take place? I think the general feeling amongst the folks I've talked to is to run the whole thing at once and not break it up. That gives us the chance of getting back home at a decent hour if the 100 laps are run first.

It's definately a sad day when we can't get more trucks for a special event. I'm personally not going to pull down there for a 5 truck 100 lap shootout, talk about a boring event. I fell sorry for the promoter at CC and the sponsor of the event that tried to pull this together. We've got all these trucks that run and nobody wants to come out and race.

(Jim your excluded from this, we undertand your deal. Get better)

If I had my truck where it was legal I would be there, unfortunatley being self employed with a young family and a crappy market sometimes takes its toll. If I could be there I would believe me. As far as the other trucks, I bet more than what your expecting will show up. the big thing is to get the word to people that do not get on the internet. I hope it goes well. Even if the truck was legal i probably would not be able to make it now because of the hurricane. I have a customer with a contract for emergencies and I have to fulfill my obligation with him to keep his trucks on the road 24hrs a day. Good luck to all.

B) I think the majority want to run 50...short break at the start finish to splash some fuel turn a wrench and such..THEN ON WITH THE SHOW! Sounds good to me for those that plan on staying until sunday you may leave your trailers and such or stay if you have your rolling accomodations. We will be there.I think that time trials will be the way to go. we do heats and trials starting at 7:30p(you'll be first) followed by intermission and then you'll lead off the features.

Brent, I am pretty sure no matter how many trucks show up, you wont be one of them. Out of all the out of town races you have made ONE, I hardly think that qualifies you to bitch and moan about any one not pulling down. I am going there to race no matter what they pay me. Thats the only way this series will survive.

I'll be there, I'm already packed up and loaded up. I've got my hotels and we're ready to go. I make a commitment to mike when I went down there that I would go. We don't go out of town for the same reason others don't which is can't afford it. I think this will be a great event, I just didn't want to get all the way down there and find out we only had 4 trucks. We'll be there late friday night and at the track for 9am Saturday

i was told by scott that his two car trailer would be ready and to get both trucks ready to race so we might be there on sat but probably with no time to practice.we delivered all the trucks for this week at work and we still have to put a front end back on 56 and a rear end in 13.i will try my best to try and make it as we always have done in the past- jim hope you are feeling better,scott wouldnt let me send the stripping monkey to you so,i got you an autographed picture of a naked mexican midget that i think you will like

Archived