July 12th - Let's Race!

TRP

Roll Call...

Ok everyone, how about we try and go racing again. For the most part, this will be a make-up for the rain-outs on July 4th & 5th..... This weekend, July 12th we have extra money in several classes. This money is starting to burn a hole in our pocket so we need a good weather weekend and a chance to roll it out to the drivers with a full night of racing! You deserve it, don't you? Incredibly, the forecast for the 12th holds the least chance of rain that we've seen in a good while.

Mini-Stocks - Will have the $200 extra added to the purse, sponsored by Cabin Creek Design

Classic Dwarfs - off

Bombers - Will have the $500 extra added to the purse ($100 extra for the winner and $400 extra divided 2nd - back thru the field.) Sponsored by R4J, Inc. of Bastrop and The Computer Kops of El Campo

Hot Stock Trucks - Regular purse.

Super Stocks - Regular purse. By request of the sponsors, the $800 extra will be moved to Aug 2nd.

Limited Modifieds - $1,000 to win and extra $1,800 added to the purse to be divided 2nd -back thru the field. Sponsored by Dr. David Meredith and anonymous sponsors.

Modifieds - $1,000 to win and extra $800 added to the purse to be divided 2nd - back thru the field. Anonymous sponsors

Blindfold / Reverse / Demo Derby - 1st -- $500, 2nd - $250, 3rd - $150, 4th - $100, 5th - $50.

***you get an extra week to get your cars ready, so let's see them***

We'll get back on our regular schedule July 19th with the annual kids bicycle give-away.

Now...... Roll Call......

The Louise (suburb of El Campo) based team of C K Racing will be in attendance with the #55 Mini-Stock. Lauren wants some of her mom's money that she's sponsoring. And, Lauren's ole dad in the #55 Bomber will be there too.

We are soooooooooo ready for a good weather weekend!

Well Monty all the edna cars made a good showing at I37 the other night, poor Vince got a raw deal otherwise he would have been right there too.

yepper. Very good showing... And one of them cars from the "last minute racing" stable done real good!

Hey Mike C., looking forward to seeing y'all....

-Monty

Well Monty all the edna cars made a good showing at I37 the other night, poor Vince got a raw deal otherwise he would have been right there too.

yepper. Very good showing... And one of them cars from the "last minute racing" stable done real good!

Hey Mike C., looking forward to seeing y'all....

-Monty

Yeah Mickey was on his game that night. He made a clean sweep of it. It just goes to show ya that you dont need a bunch of motor to compete. All you need is lady luck and a bunch of seat time...along with some guts, cause im telling you it was fast!!!Wide open!!!!!never lift...well unless there is a car hung to the front of you...sideways....lol..and I can tell you about that..

"who was the car hung on the front of you sideways"

Well which time?...lol One time I seen a 26 car and the other was a 32 car, both times it scared the crap out of me....lol I thought for sure it was over. Neither time was intentional, its was just one of those physics problems, you know the one that says two pieces of matter cant occupy the same space in time..lol

ill be there too,just hope my truck runs ok with the extra money in our purse.....=))))

63, even if you're in front, just draft in behind the driver with the blonde pony tail hanging out of the bubble graphics helmet in the #55 bubble graphics Mustang sponsored by Country Bride of Louise, The Real Estate Service; Jenny Nelson Realtor, Cabin Creek Design, and daddy's billfold. Research indicates that drafting in this manner saves fuel, helps the motor run cooler and produces more horsepower. Further research indicates that if the remainder of the field drafts in behind you from that point, even more horsepower is produced for all motors. Just some notes I picked up on my most recent trip to Daytona. Not sure how it all works out this way, but the experts assured me this is a good plan. Something about mc2 and pi divided by the square root of efficiency and wind speed ratio. Way over my head, but trust me on this. B)

Just messin with ya. You are due for a good run. Hope you have the #63 running up front. Good luck!!! Very impressed with all of y'all out there in the mini's this year. Y'all are doing an outstanding job! We're all learning a lot from you guys in mini's.

We produced some more (new) commercials for airing today (Wednesday) thru Saturday marketing this weekend's events. These will air on KIXS 107.9. We have several slotted to play throughout each day. Part of what we are marketing this week is the Blindfold/ Reverse / Demo Derby.

In spite of our odd weather challenges, we've had steady fan counts with just over 800 per event in general admission, plus a slew of people in the pits. But, we're looking to take it to the next level and exploring with radio marketing. Let your friends know about the commercials and listen in.

Also, if you see the Sports Team from Channel 25 at the track in the near future, smile because it could be your chance to be famous!

A little bird told me Paul White should be at Texana this weekend, piloting one or more of the Chapman prepared rides. I hope so!!! I've watched Paul take it to the front at several tracks, and it's a special treat when I get to watch him drive at my "home track".

Mike as far as i know Mike D 70 car,Lucky G 36 car,Bobby C 44 car,Robert C AJs old car,and my car ,you bringing your car to come play

If all goes well we will be bringing 5 Super Stocks

Gary, I believe Randy is planning on going to 105. Have you talked to him lately?

Robert "Cowboy" Carson

Mod #77

He did tell me he was going to 105 to run with the 2 or 3 cars they will have,Are you coming to Texana

It's On!!!!!!!

Sound good??

It's Friday morning at 9:30 am and everything is being prepared. Please help me spread the word, and let's go racing!

There was a hard rain on Thursday, but blue skies now. Bruce and crew have been working very hard this morning drying wet areas in the pits and they are having great success. Working on the track now and it should be very nice come Saturday evening. I don't think anyone could be more ready for this than me, but I'm sure everyone actually is just as ready!

There are other tracks not running this weekend and if you know of driver's who need a place to race, please spread the word to those drivers! Regular fees apply this weekend! Remember the extra money we'll have in several classes for pay backs.

Archived